What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Huge Trade Offer - 10 keep league (1 Viewer)

Smokin Okie

Footballguy
12 teams

PPR League

Keep 10

My roster (main players):

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB: Drake ( He’s my best rb. Very weak at the position)

WR: Juju, Sutton, DJ Moore, Kirk, Hollywood, Anderson 

TE: Kittle 

I have three picks in the first round next year.  One pick will probably be 5th overall.  Second pick will be in the 6-8 range and the last pick will be in the 9-12 range. 

Received an offer today:  I get RB Barkley, WR McLaurin and the 1st overall pick. I give Lamar, Moore, and Sutton. Thoughts?

Without knowing what your downgrade on Lamar is it is hard to say. Overall I like it but it also depends on if you are playing for this year or next and what the downgrade at QB is Next years draft is supposed to be good so having 4 1st rounders could be a REALLY good thing.

Yeah, what other QBs do you have or are available to get?  I have to think the upgrade at RB, and the first overall pick to go with the three others you have, make this worth it.  Some team out there has to have a few extra QBs that you can move one of those picks for if you really needed to. 

I’m currently 4-8 and out of the playoffs. The only other QB I have is Tom Brady and there is nothing on the wire. The guy who made the offer has cousins and would prob include him in the deal.

The other option is to stand pat and draft 2-3 RBs next year with the picks I have in the first round. Moore and Sutton both took major strides this year and will be in year 3 next year. Lamar has been historical. 

Taylor, Swift, Ettienne, Hubbard, Akers, Benjamin. I would have a chance to draft three of them.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m currently 4-8 and out of the playoffs. The only other QB I have is Tom Brady and there is nothing on the wire. The guy who made the offer has cousins and would prob include him in the deal.

The other option is to stand pat and draft 2-3 RBs next year with the picks I have in the first round. Moore and Sutton both took major strides this year and will be in year 3 next year. Lamar has been historical. 

Taylor, Swift, Ettienne, Hubbard, Akers, Benjamin. I would have a chance to draft three of them.  
Hahahaha...….Music draft?

I will be the contrarian so far.....I say hold where you are.  Moore is a stud and Sutton is close.  McLaurin will be hurt by QB play for awhile and will be inconsistent.  You take a big hit at WR in this deal.  I would want a QB and to keep Moore.  Counter with Barkley, Cousins, 1st for Lamar, Sutton, and your latest 1st.  I like that much better for you.

It's really hard to answer without know who will be available to you.  

I'd prolly hold tight for now and see what RB you will be able to get with the 5th overall.

I will be the contrarian so far.....I say hold where you are.  Moore is a stud and Sutton is close.  McLaurin will be hurt by QB play for awhile and will be inconsistent.  You take a big hit at WR in this deal.  I would want a QB and to keep Moore.  Counter with Barkley, Cousins, 1st for Lamar, Sutton, and your latest 1st.  I like that much better for you.
Initially, my reaction was no because of all the young excellent you talent that you would be giving up.  I am not a big Barkley fan, and the Giants are a mess right now.

After pondering this situation, I like Gally's response better than the initial offer, or I would probably hold and draft a bunch of RBs next year.

Have you attempted to deal some your later first rounders and/or players for next year's 1.01?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:  

Things changed fast and I made a deal with another team involving  Lamar Jackson. 

I gave Lamar and 3rd round pick. 

I received #2 overall pick, #3 overall pick, WR McLaurin, and QB Daniel Jones. That gives me 5 total picks in round 1 so I feel good about it. 

Update:  

Things changed fast and I made a deal with another team involving  Lamar Jackson. 

I gave Lamar and 3rd round pick. 

I received #2 overall pick, #3 overall pick, WR McLaurin, and QB Daniel Jones. That gives me 5 total picks in round 1 so I feel good about it. 
Great, now you are guaranteed either the best RB in the 2020 draft or Jerry Jeudy, the WR from Alabama.

Plus you have four other first rounders to build depth.

I hear that the 2020 rookie draft looks to have a lot of talent in the first round.

One question though, if McLaurin was in your first offer, but you traded with a different team, how did you get McLaurin from a different team?

The team I was talking with originally about McLaurin traded him to another team. I was able to work out a deal with the other team for McLaurin and the picks. 

I am not sure I like that deal that much.  However, I am not a big picks guy.  I think picks are overrated in general and would rather be on the side of giving them up for proven players.  Giving up the most exciting and top fantasy asset for a couple picks, a WR with no QB and QB that has potential seems a little light to me.  But like I said, I don't value picks as much as some do. 

Users who are viewing this thread