What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 13 (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Been on a break for the most part.  Anyone still playing?  Anyone winning this year?

Dumped 8 entires int he Sweet Potato.  Two with Blough and one Mitch.

Early single game contest was interesting.  Blough only 33% owned at $5000.  Wish I'd gotten more in the pot than 2 x $2 entries.

Won 10 tickets on Thursday and they haven't posted yet.  This is unacceptable.  No support available.

I've definitely been down more than up this year. Fanduel is the only site I've ever played on and it really seems like the players have gotten better. I play mostly cash as far as a percentage of my bankroll goes, but, I still fiddle around in some low-cost GPP's just for fun. Cash games have become so much harder to hit; used to be you could hit a 50/50 or double-up with a score in the hi 120's or low 130's. Now, it seems like you need to be deep into the 140's just to have a sniff.

I can see myself continuing to play cash and the low-cost GPP's until it runs dry, and then hanging it up. While I feel that I still do a fair amount of research, and am a footballguys.com subscriber, it just seems that this just isn't enough anymore and that you have to devote even more time and dig deeper than ever, to the point of obsession. And it definitely is not worth it to me. I hope those of you that continue do well with it. 

Now, on to today - not going to have a lot of exposure to this, but, stupid as it may sound, for a GPP or two, I like the idea of Ryan Fitzpatrick & Davante Parker against Philly. Maybe even toss in Allen Hurns and run it back with Miles Sanders, and/or, if Ertz is out, Goedert. If my memory serves me correctly, Fitzmagic lit up the Eagles when he played them last as a member of the Buccaneers. And while Philly's secondary has been playing better of late, I think they are still exploitable. Lots of good options on this slate, but, this is one that I'm thinking may be very low-owned. 

Won 10 tickets on Thursday and they haven't posted yet.  This is unacceptable.  No support available.
They made them live at 8am this morning. I don’t play dis the spend Sunday morning hitting the f5 button then being under the gun the create lineups

Been on a break for the most part.  Anyone still playing?  Anyone winning this year?
Yep.  Still playing.  Conversations here seemed to have shriveled up though.  I am having a winning year over all.  Up about $150 in total, but the last few weeks have been a little rough.  Scored 142.50 with my cash game line up this week... $30 in/$54 out.  

reel_smooth said:
I've definitely been down more than up this year. Fanduel is the only site I've ever played on and it really seems like the players have gotten better. I play mostly cash as far as a percentage of my bankroll goes, but, I still fiddle around in some low-cost GPP's just for fun. Cash games have become so much harder to hit; used to be you could hit a 50/50 or double-up with a score in the hi 120's or low 130's. Now, it seems like you need to be deep into the 140's just to have a sniff.
Like you, I also have only played on FanDuel and I am a cash game player.  There is a lot of truth to this.  It has gotten harder the last couple seasons.  People get better.  More line up optimizing tools are available for use.  More so than ever this year it seems players get squeezed into the same basic line ups.  Jackson, CMC, find cheap value plays at WR...  It's like the formula is the same every week.  There is so much overlap that tiny differences create huge swings in placement.

Scoring was a little down this week on the main slate.  This is not surprising since CMC only put up 13.7 and was owned by 75-85% of the field.  Add another 15-20 to his score and the cuts are right back up to what you describe.  Last week I had a line up score over 150 and it sort of washed falling just below and above cut lines in different contests.  A couple years ago, I never would have thought 150's would be a loser, but it is a real possibility now.

I usually play a bunch of $2 50/50 contests.  This week, I was late getting around to entering contests and decided to enter a few $5 ones...similar investment level, just fewer contests.  I don't know if this is a typical trend or not, perhaps just too small of a sample size, but the cut scores were little lower for the $5 contests than for the $2 contests I entered.  Is there any data out there on average pay lines for the various dollar amount games?    I've also wondered if the day of the week I enter the contest matters at all...early in the week vs. late week. 

Yep.  Still playing.  Conversations here seemed to have shriveled up though.  I am having a winning year over all.  Up about $150 in total, but the last few weeks have been a little rough.  Scored 142.50 with my cash game line up this week... $30 in/$54 out.  

Like you, I also have only played on FanDuel and I am a cash game player.  There is a lot of truth to this.  It has gotten harder the last couple seasons.  People get better.  More line up optimizing tools are available for use.  More so than ever this year it seems players get squeezed into the same basic line ups.  Jackson, CMC, find cheap value plays at WR...  It's like the formula is the same every week.  There is so much overlap that tiny differences create huge swings in placement.

Scoring was a little down this week on the main slate.  This is not surprising since CMC only put up 13.7 and was owned by 75-85% of the field.  Add another 15-20 to his score and the cuts are right back up to what you describe.  Last week I had a line up score over 150 and it sort of washed falling just below and above cut lines in different contests.  A couple years ago, I never would have thought 150's would be a loser, but it is a real possibility now.

I usually play a bunch of $2 50/50 contests.  This week, I was late getting around to entering contests and decided to enter a few $5 ones...similar investment level, just fewer contests.  I don't know if this is a typical trend or not, perhaps just too small of a sample size, but the cut scores were little lower for the $5 contests than for the $2 contests I entered.  Is there any data out there on average pay lines for the various dollar amount games?    I've also wondered if the day of the week I enter the contest matters at all...early in the week vs. late week. 
In trying to manage my fairly small bankroll these days, I usually just throw out one $5 double-up on one of the 681-player slates, and some $1/$.25/$.05 GPP entries. Today, using the above formula, I cashed on the double-up for only the 2nd time in five weeks, at 139.8. Also made one good call on a GPP; the one I mentioned earlier with Fitzmagic & Parker. $.25 entry netted me $3. Not gonna break anybody's bank with it, but, at 158.6, it's one of the better GPP totals I've had this year. And the winner was only 188.2! If Evans had had any kind of game, I wouldn't have hit the top spot, but it sure would have been more than $3! 

Well, it's Thanksgiving weekend, so, I will say that I am indeed thankful for this small success which will enable me to keep going a bit. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not trying to make a living at it anyway - just trying to have a little fun. But it's more fun when you're winning! 😀

Lineup optimizer has yet to break even from me.  150 x $.05 = $7.50 in, $2.02 out.
I don't use it.  I tried it for a while at the beginning of the season.  It was OK, but I felt like I was trying to take a drink from a fire hose.  I still go back to the old IVC occasionally when I want to look at H-value comparisons but not for much else.

Lineup optimizer has yet to break even from me.  150 x $.05 = $7.50 in, $2.02 out.
Same here on DK. It hasn't even come close in gpp. But I think it's still useful if you use your own projections. 

I do like some of the lineups it's spitting out this week but that probably means I should fade those players in gpp. 

My best lineups the past couple weeks have been the single lineup that I pick just prior to kickoff that goes against the other 100 lineups that were deemed optimal. Lamar and CMac won huge fields earlier in the season, but that's almost impossible now with the pricing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread