What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dumb Question - Best Ball Scoring Options For Local Leagues? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Dumb Question for you guys. I have played only Yahoo for all my local leagues for years. I'm guilty of not knowing well what all is out there for options.

I want to look at best ball scoring for next year in my local league. 

I've never explored the options for what's out there on best ball. Do formats let you play best ball in the same way you'd play a normal season long league? 

Basically, I'd like to play season long in a regular league with my friends but use best ball scoring each week and not have to select the start / bench players from my team. 

Do different league providers offer this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Joe,

MFL is what our league uses.  Yes, you can play just like any other league, but use best-ball as your scoring.  I know I've posted before on this, but my league MUCH prefers this scoring versus having to choose a line-up.

MFL is one option. Dataforce is another where you have in-season management (trading/waivers/etc..). You won't have the customizable league scoring/setttings option with the latter but I prefer it to MFL personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb Question for you guys. I have played only Yahoo for all my local leagues for years. I'm guilty of not knowing well what all is out there for options.

I want to look at best ball scoring for next year in my local league. 

I've never explored the options for what's out there on best ball. Do formats let you play best ball in the same way you'd play a normal season long league? 

Basically, I'd like to play season long in a regular league with my friends but use best ball scoring each week and not have to select the start / bench players from my team. 

Do different league providers offer this?
Mfl is great for this as you won't have to use their horrible waiver wire calendar. MFL's live draft room is also good.
Best ball is fun. Make the draft deep and do not have waivers. I just got into a best ball eliminator league. 26 round
draft but you cut a player a week. If you forget to cut-you're out. FF is a lot funner when playing in a few different formats.  

Users who are viewing this thread