What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should the Chiefs consider building a dome.....? (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
You will have a pretty solid QB for the next 15 years......why not make sure the elements don’t neutralize the advantages he brings to your team?

For example.....nasty winds expected this weekend which would seem to help the Raiders.

If you are going to keep providing Mahomes weapons, why not make it so you can use them at full strength?

Maybe a retractable......

I don't know, but I do know that when Minnesota went from playing outdoors to a dome they lost their winter home field advantage.  Now Minnesota is colder than Kansas City, but it is something to consider.  Southern or dome teams hated coming to Metropolitan stadium.  Just look at the advantage the Patriots have in December and January.  I couldn't imagine the Packers ever making this mistake.

You will have a pretty solid QB for the next 15 years......why not make sure the elements don’t neutralize the advantages he brings to your team?

For example.....nasty winds expected this weekend which would seem to help the Raiders.

If you are going to keep providing Mahomes weapons, why not make it so you can use them at full strength?

Maybe a retractable......
I don’t think teams build stadiums around a player.

I don't know, but I do know that when Minnesota went from playing outdoors to a dome they lost their winter home field advantage.  Now Minnesota is colder than Kansas City, but it is something to consider.  Southern or dome teams hated coming to Metropolitan stadium.  Just look at the advantage the Patriots have in December and January.  I couldn't imagine the Packers ever making this mistake.
this

I don’t think teams build stadiums around a player.
The chiefs are probably never going to be “committed” to the run......their game will be based around throwing the ball for the foreseeable future.....you can say they don’t build it around a player.....but maybe around a style of play.....which in a round about way is around a player....the weather this weekend just got me thinking....because with 30 MPH winds and gusts up top 40.....that would seem to bring the Raiders “back into the game a little” so to speak.....(if  money is not an issue) why not guarantee perfect conditions for your home games to maximize the productivity of your franchise player and the type of game that plays to his strengths....if a team like NE or BAL comes to KC again and the weather is bad.....who does that favor...?

Last edited by a moderator:
spend a billion dollars on a new facility you probably dont need, for a player who, by the time the stadium is ready could be past his prime years, after just spending 12 million to upgrade the iconic stadium you already have. great business decision

spend a billion dollars on a new facility you probably dont need, for a player who, by the time the stadium is ready could be past his prime years, after just spending 12 million to upgrade the iconic stadium you already have. great business decision
Kinda missing the point of the question....its not about the money....kind of taking that out of the equation as if its not an issue....as mentioned above...not a business decision in the sense of business decision.....as a football only decision it wold seem to make sense....not sure how long it would take to build a new stadium.....(two years maybe.....three?)..... Mahomes is only 24 and probably has 12-15 years left....I don’t think you can argue that that the style of play the Chiefs will probably have for the next 15 would be best played under better conditions and bad weather will probably favor teams that employ a different  style like that of say BAL or NE currently....

Kinda missing the point of the question....its not about the money....kind of taking that out of the equation as if its not an issue....as mentioned above...not a business decision in the sense of business decision.....as a football only decision it wold seem to make sense....not sure how long it would take to build a new stadium.....(two years maybe.....three?)..... Mahomes is only 24 and probably has 12-15 years left....I don’t think you can argue that that the style of play the Chiefs will probably have for the next 15 would be best played under better conditions and bad weather will probably favor teams that employ a different  style like that of say BAL or NE currently....
why pose the question if you are ignoring money....money is absolutely a factor....and who knows what happens to Mahoms over the next 12 years....most qbs seem to be in their prime at about 25-29.....Mahomes is 24....it might take a year to secure funding and a site....then 2 or 3 years to build the thing....then Mahomes is on his second contract and the advantage is officially lost....I wish I could take money out of every decision I make.....

Isn’t Arrowhead one of the best stadiums in the league?
Yes. The tradition in KC far exceeds that in Minnesota. 

A dome might make sense eventually, just don't do it for Mahomes or because you think your future coach will want to pass more. Other teams do too, and you'll play roughly half your games on the road.

A dome might make sense eventually, just don't do it for Mahomes or because you think your future coach will want to pass more. Other teams do too, and you'll play roughly half your games on the road.
Tradition exceeds Minnesota?  Why would you say that? 

Arrowhead >>> the Metrodome

Wasn't comparing the teams, although as a franchise I'm still taking the chiefs over the Vikings.
Old Met stadium had just as much tradition as Arrowhead.  Metronome was a dump.  Their new stadium is state of the art but Lucius Oil is better.  Made by the same architect.

How are you quantifying tradition?

For JohnnyU and some of you other folks saying the Vikings are dumb for building a dome and that football should be played in the elements, you obviously are not from Minnesota.

How are you quantifying tradition?

For JohnnyU and some of you other folks saying the Vikings are dumb for building a dome and that football should be played in the elements, you obviously are not from Minnesota.
I’ve  lived in Minnesota for the last 20 years.  I guess people  from Minnesota aren’t as tough as they used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread