What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Niners vs Ravens - Week 13 (1 Viewer)

Jimmy G 170 yards to MVP's 175 if you'd all prefer to look at it that way. 

It was more about the completion percentage to me, anyways. 

Let's see how this game finishes. 

That's basically game now. Niners need a turnover if they're going to win.

EDIT: Just run it with Ingram, he had a decent read there.

Last edited by a moderator:
setting for a 50 yard FG in the rain seems super dumb

well it worked out, but i think i would have called timeout with 15 seconds left and run a play on 3rd down to try and gain a few yards

Man, good game... I put that one on Shanny, Saleh adjusted really well to their offense and looked like they were figuring it out there in the end. 

The playcalling on offense kinda stunk.

I REALLY don't like this decision. Go for as many yards as you can, it's raining and cold.
Tucker has enabled terrible Harbaugh decisions for the last 7 years and he always bails him out - like in the 2012 OT playoff game at Denver

Maybe having a kicker like Tucker changes the calculus 

I'm sure it was a factor, but toward the end of the game they seemed like they were figuring it out.
From an article I read yesterday

"Even if the Niners lose — and they are six-point underdogs on the road — the more important goal Sunday is to find vulnerabilities in this offensive juggernaut that can be targeted in a potential February rematch." 

:thumbup:

Good game.  I'd love to see these teams play on a neutral field in good weather.  Lamar seemed really tentative both running and throwing.  He almost never goes out of bounds running and he did multiple times.  I think playing in the rain neutralizes him somewhat.  

From an article I read yesterday

"Even if the Niners lose — and they are six-point underdogs on the road — the more important goal Sunday is to find vulnerabilities in this offensive juggernaut that can be targeted in a potential February rematch." 

:thumbup:
That's certainly glass is half full.  If Hawks win tomorrow then San Francisco goes from #1 seed to #4.  Winning the division and getting a first round bye is pretty dang important.

This is going to be a helluva finish as both Seattle and San Francisco have tough games left, including a rematch with each other.

The Frankman said:
That's all QBs though...
What I'm saying is that running QBs are afforded special protection as runners because it's impossible for the defender to know whether they intend to run or pass so they have to try and tackle them w/ like they've got kid gloves on. Gone are the days where Vick or RG3 can just get blasted without reprisal from the refs.

So Martindale has been brilliant all season. Can’t wait to see how he’ll address the edge runs this half. 
Haven't rewatched the game to see what adjustments were made, but something worked.

In the first half, SF ran 13 times for 119 yards (9.2 ypc)
In the second half, they ran 16 times for 55 yards (3.4 ypc)

And 31 of those 55 yards came on the first 3 plays of the second half. After that, they ran 13 times for 24 yards for the rest of the game. Mostert's last 7 carries went for a total of 16 yards: 4, 3, -3, 3, 3, 3, 3. His final 3 carries were on SF's final offensive series of the game, setting up the 4th and 1 pass that was deflected. 

Pretty incredible that the 49ers had only three second half possessions. When you play the Ravens, they consume so much clock (and with most drives resulting in points) that every offensive possession becomes incredibly important. 

If Hawks win tomorrow then San Francisco goes from #1 seed to #4.  Winning the division and getting a first round bye is pretty dang important.
They would potentially drop to #5. Winning the division will make a huge difference for either team. 

Users who are viewing this thread