What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 13* (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Getting down to the last week or two for this thread, but here it is again.

Let's hear your early pickups trending towards next week and the playoffs.

TZM

From early games:

Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB MIA -- not hugely reliable, but had a great day and might be good emergency depth against weaker secondaries.

Gardiner Minshew, QB JAX -- remains to be seen what happens with Foles, but likely on waivers and may be Jags' best shot for ROS.

Darius Guice, RB WAS - likely snagged in most leagues, but clearly doing way more than AP with the same carries.

Benny Snell, Jr, RB PIT -- seems to have supplanted Samuels for good.

Jordan Wilkins, RB IND -- looks to be getting the carries. May be variable as to who gets carries until/if Mack is back, but Wilkins looks like the hot hand, stat-wise.

Miles Gaskin/Patrick Laird, RB MIA -- with Ballage going out, is the last men standing in the backfield right now for MIA. Both were poor in this game, I'd lean Laird in PPR.

James Washington, WR PIT -- looking like Duck's favorite receiver

DeVante Parker, WR MIA -- likely owned, should be if not

AJ Brown, WR TEN -- needs to be considered for all leagues for flex/depth if not rostered

Zach Pascal, WR IND -- solid outing with 7 targets and counting. The Colts' clear #1 receiver without Hilton

Curtis Samuel, WR CAR -- solid floor if not a high ceiling. 

Mike Gesicki, TE MIA -- delivered after somewhat disappearing over the last week or two. 

Ryan Griffin, NYJ TE

CJ Uzomah, CIN TE

Both getting targets and can be good match-up/injury covers if you have burning need. 

I cut Alshon a few weeks ago, and he was sitting there on the wire before today’s game. So he may very well be available in many leagues with shorter benches.

Dont think he cracks the lineup but you can do worse this time of year for depth if he’s available.

Hate to jump ahead a week, but for those with byes this week,  are there any matchups  that look good enough for a stash for week 15?

Hate to jump ahead a week, but for those with byes this week,  are there any matchups  that look good enough for a stash for week 15?
Yup. I'm in this situation and looking at:

* P. Laird @NYG

* D. Njoku @AZ -- We know what Higbee and others have done against AZ.

* C. Davis vs HOU

* D. Amendola vs TB

* KC D vs DEN

* GB D vs CHI

* G. Minshew @OAK

* R. Fitzy @NYG

That is it for what's available on my wire. Troubling.

Rather start Laird than Ron Jones.  Can't get points if you don't get touches. 
With you on this.

RoJo may still go off in a game down the stretch because between what Arians should do and what he does do is a wide gulf indeed.

But looking at dumping RoJo for adding a guy like Laird who will at least seems to have a more solid floor in PPR with a shot to be a primary back in terms of rush volume, whereas RoJo can get you 15 or he can get you 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if KC brings back Spencer Ware or a big back for a week. McCoy and Thompson are smallish backs, and I'm not sure how Thompson is on pass pro... of course that is if Williams is out.

Week 1 of the playoffs (for most) ... multitasking at work again, so this might not be 100% comprehensive, but here's what I got now:

QB's:

• Jared Goff - if dropped, looks to have regained "something" and is worth adding for the next couple matchups
  • Tannehill - same as previous weeks; surprisingly high floor for a QB streamer
  • Daniel Jones - If still available, worth adding; like Tannehill, has a pretty high floor. upcoming matchups; (PHI, MIA, WAS)
  • Mayfield - got dinged up, but should be ok to start this week and he's been looking pretty good
  • Fitzpatrick - Is the magic back? not sure, but he's looked good and Parker is looking like an absolute stud!
  • Mitch Trubisky, Dalton, Kyle Allen - All 3 of these can be added if in a bind, but I wouldn't trust/ feel confident in any

RB's:

• Rashaad Penny - Almost certainly owned, but if not, empty the bank on him
  • Raheem Mostert - assuming Penny is not available, he's the #1 add. Every time he gets an opp, he seems to excel. I'm thinking he's gonna lead the SF backfield now
  • Benny Snell - Should have been picked up last week, but if not he's #3 on my list. 
  • Derrius Guice - also likely owned, but if not, definitely worth adding... just note that he's still sharing with Peterson
  • Gus Edwards - similar to previous weeks - clear handcuff + has standalone value week to week
  • Jordan Wilkins  - What I said last week: "while the aforementioned Williams looks to be the lead back in Indy now, I don't think Wilkins was 100% healthy this past week. They know what they have in him and he could be a sneaky add" - looked pretty good - worth adding
  • The KC RB's: Darrell Williams, McCoy, Darwin Thompson -  Darwin looked like the best KC RB and if the Williams' are not 100% we could get a nice dose of Darwin - he's probably #4/5 add on this list
  • Bo Scarbrough - likely added last week, but on the chance he's still available, he's looked good the past 2 games now - probably wouldn't start him vs. CHI this week, but could be a nice flex option down the stretch
  • Patrick Laird - seeing more looks and is still a decent PPR RB...MIA offense not terrible either
  • Nyheim Hines - see Laird above
  •  
The Premium Handcuffs (& somewhat keeper RB's to target):

• A. Mattison - continuing to beat the Mattison drum - Cook got dinged up and He looked really GOOD 
  • Armstead - (repeat from last week - still true) Fournette has been absolutely awesome this year. along with Cook could be the RB steals of the draft. Still, I'd worry about his health and Armstead has shown he can at least be trusted
  • Pollard  - still one of the top Handcuffs IMO. DAL entire offense looked bad vs. NE & BUF & while the ROS doesn't exactly look like a cakewalk, i'd still take a chance on him
  • J. Hill - Gus Edwards looks to be the handcuff, Hill is still the most electric RB on the team IMO
  • Wayne Gallman - on the list, but if Barkley can't get it done in NY, not sure how confident i'd be with Gallman

WR's:

• Anthony Miller - starting to look like the breakout talent we saw last year - assuming Fuller is owned, he and Anderson would be my top WR adds
  • Robby Anderson - So... all it took for this guy to succeed is for me to drop him??? since I've done that, he's scored double-digit points....could be a low-end WR2 ROS
  • James Washington - Looks to have a good rapport with Hodges (heck, they went hunting together) - 2 good weeks = I trust him as at least a Flex
  • Allen Lazard - behind Adams, Lazard looks to be Rodgers fav target.... no matter how good/ bad GB is, that means he's worth adding
  • Cole Beasley - high floor in PPR & looks to be getting a ton of targets in general, so could even have value in non-ppr leagues
  • Dede Westbrook - Foles wasn't getting it done... Minshew back means all JAX WR's get an upgrade
  • Zach Pascal - don't really trust him, but if TY is out, could be one of those Hail Mary plays
  • Auden Tate - Dalton back = he's worth at least an add
  • John Ross - activated. puts a little damper on Tate, but either might be worth taking a chance on
  • Sterling Shepard - still no Engram, behind Tate, looks to at least be back to healthy
  • Darius Slaton - see above, but with Shepard back, he seems to be 3rd on the depth chart now
  • Mecole Hardman - the ultimate Boom/ Bust player - will likely get you a long reception for a TD or 0 points
  • AJ Brown - down week, but still getting targets
  • Russell Gage - Jones was out, so he got a bump with NO focusing on Ridley as the #1... but even with Jones back, he could be a WR3
  • Jakobi Meyers - the old "NE backfield" has not transitioned to the WR Corps... i have no clue who is gonna catch passes, but he's had 7 targets last week & 9 the previous week, so maybe Brady is trusting him a little

TE's:

• Jack Doyle  - Wasn't sure on him taking over the role in INDY, but i was absolutely wrong (at least through 1 week)
  • Mike Gesicki - has looked GOOD.... and has as high a floor as any TE you can pick up/ start seemingly (I'm looking at you Hunter Henry!)
  • Jacob Hollister - Not a great week, but still getting looks by Wilson. 
  • Austin Hooper - if dropped, looks like he might be back and could definitely help out at the TE spot
  • Njoku - still not activated, but gets CIN & ARI next... if he can get on the field should be a TE1
  • Vance McDonald - hasn't really done much lately... but gets ARI; always start a TE vs. ARI

Defense:

• NO - back on the list - have looked good the past couple weeks. Tough matchup in SF, but then they get IND & TEN
  • HOU - looked good vs. NE; gets DEN next
  • PIT - going against ARI and Murray doesn't look 100%
  • CLE - gets CIN

My drops for the week in order to make room for the above:

• David Johnson - Been saying it for weeks, let him be a roster-suck on someone else's team. I just don't see it happening for him this year
  • Tevin Coleman - Might be a hold, but depending on bench depth, i could see dropping for Mostert as he looks to have Sammy Wakins'd us
  • Jonathan Williams - like Coleman, could be a hold, but since it's the playoffs & you need to win now, I'm not sure he's worth keeping
  • Ronald Jones - more of a sabotage drop as I have no clue what Arians is thinking in TB and how can you trust him in your lineup?? 
  • Jaylen Samuels - Snell looks to be the starter, so Samuelsis nothing more than a low-end flex play
  • Chase Edmonds - relegated to 3rd string on a bad team
  • Darrell Williams - if healthy enough to play = hold, if not 100%, easy drop IMO
  • **Matt Breida - Mostert seems to have taken over as the lead back, but IF you have the space, he might be worth holding as that backfield if between him and Mostert once (if) he gets healthy
  • Jay Ajayi - shouldn't need to be mentioned, but if rostered, can be dropped
  • TY Hilton - still not healthy - it's playoffs - I need healthy bodies and he's a guy i'd part with if I needed the space
  • Tyrell Williams - hasn't done anything in good matchups in recent weeks, can safely be dropped
  • Sammy Watkins - still on this list.
  • Brandon Cooks - he's back health-wise, but isn't doing anything
  • McLaurin - can't trust any WAS WR's
  • AJ Green - I assume already dropped
  • Corey Davis - he's still on your roster??
  • Greg Olsen (maybe) - took a helmet to helmet hit; who knows when/if he'll come back...even if he does, how confident will you be in him?
  • Sam Darnold - not worth holding in anything but 2QB leagues
  • Phillip Rivers - if you haven't dropped him already, what are you waiting for??
  • TJ Hockenson - offically on IR
  • PHI - YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
  • *** any backup Kicker or QB you have on your team. Should go without saying, but at this time of year with the bye's done, there's no reason to roster a backup K, QB, or even TE unless you're playing the matchups

As always, I'm 100% confident there's both "adds" & "drops" that I've overlooked, but hopefully this helps get things started.

I wouldn't be surprised if KC brings back Spencer Ware or a big back for a week. McCoy and Thompson are smallish backs, and I'm not sure how Thompson is on pass pro... of course that is if Williams is out.
Ware signed by the Chiefs per Nate Taylor 

Laird seems good for 15 + 16 for those short at rb.
Are all the other Dolphins RB's hurt? I just looked at Laird's stats (source: FBG) and with the exception of last week he gets very few touches. And last week where he had 10 rushes and 5 targets (4 catches) he gained a total of 48 yards (and he got a TD which naturally skews things).

I guess his desirability depends on roster sizes and fantasy team injuries.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has the Giants Week 15 and the Bengals Week 16. That is a mighty tasty semi-final and Championship matchup slate.

Ryan Tannehill has been pretty good and has Houston followed by New Orleans Weeks 15 and 16. Not as great as Fitzpatrick’s matchups, but not too shabby either.

Are all the other Dolphins RB's hurt? I just looked at Laird's stats (source: FBG) and with the exception of last week he gets very few touches. And last week where he had 10 rushes and 5 targets (4 catches) he gained a total of 48 yards (and he got a TD which naturally skews things).

I guess his desirability depends on roster sizes and fantasy team injuries.
Drake- traded, Walton- suspended and cut, Ballage- IR. It's now the Laird/Gaskins show. Yuck

I put bids on Kansas City D/ST (for Week 15 vs. Denver) and Houston D/ST (this week vs. Denver). I hoped to win the KC bid since I have Dallas ready this week (@ Chicago). Surprisingly I won both...

Now I'm stuck on who to play this week, Dallas @ Chicago and Mitchell Trubisky Thursday Night, or Houston vs Denver and Drew Lock on the road Sunday? Dallas D is better, but Lock on the road might fire a few INTs. Fun...

Drake- traded, Walton- suspended and cut, Ballage- IR. It's now the Laird/Gaskins show. Yuck
Miami schedule weeks 15 and 16 are @NYG and CINCI respectively. I could see many a Dolphin contributing to fantasy championships -- Fitzy, D. Parker, M. Gesicki, and P. Laird. The matchups are there. I see that one owner in my league already picked up Fitz and I bet will play him over Brees this week.

If I see that Damien Williams is healthy and practicing I may dump my Darwin Thompson for Laird. I could probably do worse in my 2nd Flex with Laird next week.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has the Giants Week 15 and the Bengals Week 16. That is a mighty tasty semi-final and Championship matchup slate.

Ryan Tannehill has been pretty good and has Houston followed by New Orleans Weeks 15 and 16. Not as great as Fitzpatrick’s matchups, but not too shabby either.
Tannenhill's issue may be that the Titans are relying on Derrick Henry so he's not being asked to do too much vs his good match-ups. I think he may be throwing a lot more on weeks 15 and 16.

Having said that as a Tannenhill owner I'm grabbing Fitzmagic from week 15 and 16 although I'm sticking with Tannenhill for this week. I do have to drop Matt Ryan for Fitz which may sound nuts but...it's been that kind of season.

Tannenhill's issue may be that the Titans are relying on Derrick Henry so he's not being asked to do too much vs his good match-ups. I think he may be throwing a lot more on weeks 15 and 16.

Having said that as a Tannenhill owner I'm grabbing Fitzmagic from week 15 and 16 although I'm sticking with Tannenhill for this week. I do have to drop Matt Ryan for Fitz which may sound nuts but...it's been that kind of season.
At this point I don't think it's nuts to drop Ryan or any player not performing. Can't hold a guy for name value at this point!

I picked up Cole Beasley, Anthony Miller and James Washington this week. Gonna start them all. I thought my WRs with Thielen, Chark, John Brown and Christian Kirk would be okay by now but I can’t take another 5-10 each. Hopefully their trends continue. All In or All Out 🥳

I picked up Cole Beasley, Anthony Miller and James Washington this week. Gonna start them all. I thought my WRs with Thielen, Chark, John Brown and Christian Kirk would be okay by now but I can’t take another 5-10 each. Hopefully their trends continue. All In or All Out 🥳
Are we all really that down on Chark after 1 bad week (sorta 2 i get it with the TD saving week 12)? Minshew is back and he's had a great rapport with him.... I'm curious about this myself as I tentatively have Chark starting in my flex over: Miller, Ekeler, Montgomery, among a couple others

Users who are viewing this thread