What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jalen Reagor, NE (1 Viewer)

Lombardi on GM Shuffle said ‘ I don’t think Raegor is ready for 2020, I don’t  expect to get anything from him’ 

I found this comment to be pretty stark, and there was no explanation as to why he said this. 

Any thoughts ? Part of me wonders if Raegor just got caught up in Lombardi ####ting on the Eagles for the Hurts pick and not taking a different WR. 

Lombardi on GM Shuffle said ‘ I don’t think Raegor is ready for 2020, I don’t  expect to get anything from him’ 

I found this comment to be pretty stark, and there was no explanation as to why he said this. 

Any thoughts ? Part of me wonders if Raegor just got caught up in Lombardi ####ting on the Eagles for the Hurts pick and not taking a different WR. 
Why would Reagor not be ready for 2020?

Is he hurt?

Is Lombardi playing devy or something? Why would he be guesstimating what Reagor could do for him?

There are risks with Reagor no doubt but he is ready to be an excellent WR right away in my view, there isn't a prolonged development time line for him to learn how to get open. He knows how to do that already.

He does need to work on the concentration drops and I think its important for the Eagles to keep him involved as there were reports of him getting lackadaisical when things were going poorly.

I would need to hear more of what he said I guess. If that was it I disagree. 

Biabreakable said:
Why would Reagor not be ready for 2020?

Is he hurt?

Is Lombardi playing devy or something? Why would he be guesstimating what Reagor could do for him?

There are risks with Reagor no doubt but he is ready to be an excellent WR right away in my view, there isn't a prolonged development time line for him to learn how to get open. He knows how to do that already.

He does need to work on the concentration drops and I think its important for the Eagles to keep him involved as there were reports of him getting lackadaisical when things were going poorly.

I would need to hear more of what he said I guess. If that was it I disagree. 
He didn’t expand upon it. I respect his opinion, but i disagree with him, I think Raegor just got wrapped up into his rant re Hurts and some other poorer choices 

I think he's going to be good for the eagles but for fantasy I'm not sure.  As long as ertz, goedart, and djax are around he's behind or on the same level for looks as these guys. 

The eagles spread it around and that won't change just cause they got a new fast wr.

I think he's going to be good for the eagles but for fantasy I'm not sure.  As long as ertz, goedart, and djax are around he's behind or on the same level for looks as these guys. 

The eagles spread it around and that won't change just cause they got a new fast wr.
The Eagles have some difficult cap decisions to make in a few months. Restructured contracts will be a part of the plan and I think it'd be a fool's errand to try and anticipate who, but I think it's safe to assume they will not be able to retain all of Alshon, D Jax, and Ertz. If Reagor does what his supporters thinks he will then increased opportunity will come in 2021.

I'm in no way questioning his toughness but seriously...is there any way that DeSean Jackson doesn't get hurt thus giving Reagor his chance?

And Alshon Jeffery is kind of just a guy now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alshon is a JAG, but his contract this year is guaranteed and untradeable. He is the David Johnson of WRs.

It’s time Howie Roseman gave BOB a call. 

I'm going through all the rookie WR clips now. I get kind of a Roddy White vibe from Reagor. You can see that there's something there in terms of size, fluidity, and explosiveness. Is he more "athlete" than receiver right now? Maybe, but he probably has a higher ceiling than Lamb, Jefferson, and Aiyuk based on my early impressions. He has more of a "wow" factor in terms of the things he can do athletically.

Roddy was a surprise first round pick for the Falcons and what a lot of people probably don't remember all these years later is that he was pretty awful out of the box, dropping a lot of passes and looking like a bust for his first two years. He became something pretty special for the Falcons and while we obviously can't assume the same trajectory for Reagor, coming to this process late with no biases, I don't see him as a reach based on ability and potential. I don't see him as a lock either, but I like the pick for Philly. They don't have anybody like this on their roster.

The downside for him is becoming an Arrelious Benn type of player, a guy who flashes with the ball in his hands, but can't really win consistently as a WR. I think he's shaded more towards Roddy than Benn, but there's an element of risk. I think that's baked into the 21st overall draft slot, as this isn't a can't-miss type of prospect.

Deasean Jackson is 33 and turns 34 in December. He is not capable of holding off Reagor. Reagor steps in as the de factor WR2 and while Phi throws to the TE a lot, they also throw alot. So there are a lot of targets and he will get his share right out of the gate.

This article is irresponsible. When posting please make mention of the Covid challenges
Due respect, but Faust is providing a link service for free and in general keeping with the thread dialectic, which is awfully hard to do. I appreciate what he does more and more every day; there aren't usually any disclaimers offered and rightfully so. Draw your own conclusions from the material. Just say the article is irresponsible, don't blame Faust.

WR coach with Philly did a podcast with Fran Duffy:

• He recruited Reagor at A&M, he knows the kid inside and out.
  • Mentions his separation skills as a positive. 
  • said hands can be improved (Jalen had some drops), but ball skills (he loves Reagor's) cannot.
From Player Profiler:

Apart from the agility drills, Reagor shredded the 2020 NFL Combine. Measuring in at 5-11, 206-pounds gives him a 28.7 Body Mass Index (BMI), No. 4 among incoming rookie receivers. His 4.47 (74th-percentile) 40-yard dash only gives him a 100.4 (70th-percentile) Speed Score. What might be more indicative of his long speed though is that he was clocked with a 22.6 miles per hour top speed on a 93-yard touchdown against Stanford in the final game of his freshman year.

Where Reagor really shined was in the explosion drills. His 42-inch Vertical Jump tied him with Henry RuggsP for No. 2 in the class among all positions behind Donovan Peoples-JonesP, with his 138-inch Broad Jump ranking No. 2 among receivers behind Peoples-Jones and No. 3 among all positions. Put it together and we have a 140.4 (99th-percentile) Burst Score, the No. 10 mark among all receivers in the PlayerProfiler database. It’s why he wins in so many jump ball situations despite standing under 6-0. For those needing more proof that he’s a special athlete: his 114.1 (78th-percentile) SPARQ-x score ranks No. 1 among 15 recorded rookie WR scores, his 104.2 Athleticism Score ranks No. 7 of 21 incoming receivers, and he has a 10.03 (56th-percentile) Catch Radius in spite of his poor agility testing.
That's some exciting stuff. 

Has as much as upside as any WR not named Lamb in this draft. Love the landing spot too. I expect to see a year like Miles Sanders had. Slow use early, some drawn up plays for him. Down the stretch as injures pile up and he gets comfortable, he will become a focal point.

Has as much as upside as any WR not named Lamb in this draft. Love the landing spot too. I expect to see a year like Miles Sanders had. Slow use early, some drawn up plays for him. Down the stretch as injures pile up and he gets comfortable, he will become a focal point.
Too many mouths to feed.  If Alshon is cut and Djax gets hurt then I can see bigger numbers, and DEFINITELY next year i see bigger numbers, but I can't see a massive year numbers-wise

Too many mouths to feed.  If Alshon is cut and Djax gets hurt then I can see bigger numbers, and DEFINITELY next year i see bigger numbers, but I can't see a massive year numbers-wise
Alshon and D-Jax are two of the most likely to get hurt WRs in the NFL. I think the 2nd half of the year, the Eagles will want to emphasize Reagor in the offense. 

Alshon and D-Jax are two of the most likely to get hurt WRs in the NFL. I think the 2nd half of the year, the Eagles will want to emphasize Reagor in the offense. 
Sure if you're counting on injuries for projections, but I don't like to do that.  If Alshon doesn't get cut, Reagor is the 4th receiving option on the team.   I agree he will progress through the season but what are you expecting?  I don't see a 1000 yard season coming.

FWIW, FBG has him at 32 catches for 400 yards and 3 tds.

Sure if you're counting on injuries for projections, but I don't like to do that.  If Alshon doesn't get cut, Reagor is the 4th receiving option on the team.   I agree he will progress through the season but what are you expecting?  I don't see a 1000 yard season coming.

FWIW, FBG has him at 32 catches for 400 yards and 3 tds.
I just don't think the combo of staying healthy and playing great are likely to happen from DJax and Alshon. I don't know how either of those players can scare anyone off JR at all in dynasty. In seasonal, JR might be the player who is best to target later in the year. 

I just don't think the combo of staying healthy and playing great are likely to happen from DJax and Alshon. I don't know how either of those players can scare anyone off at all in dynasty. In seasonal, Reagor might be the player who is best to target later in the year. 
Sure but was just wondering what kind of projections you had.  Easy to say "he will become a focal point" but he's ranked usually around WR85 right now.  Even if he has a way better year than the projections (I believe he will), and you put him way up at WR50, he likely won't be making an appearance on your starting fantasy line up.

Sure but was just wondering what kind of projections you had.  Easy to say "he will become a focal point" but he's ranked usually around WR85 right now.  Even if he has a way better year than the projections (I believe he will), and you put him way up at WR50, he likely won't be making an appearance on your starting fantasy line up.
For seasonal, he might be a guy best targeted midseason due to the lack of a normal off-season. That said Reagor is a prospect that hits almost every box.  

He is going to a team with a young QB who has an MVP level season under his belt and Hurts is one of the highest potential back-up QBs in the league. Their WR and RB positions are in need of a major talent upgrade because it cost them last year. Their offensive line is good. This is a smash situation. 

This is a rare WR class and Reagor has as good of a resume as anyone in it.  

For seasonal, he might be a guy best targeted midseason due to the lack of a normal off-season. That said Reagor is a prospect that hits almost every box.  

He is going to a team with a young QB who has an MVP level season under his belt and Hurts is one of the highest potential back-up QBs in the league. Their WR and RB positions are in need of a major talent upgrade because it cost them last year. Their offensive line is good. This is a smash situation. 

This is a rare WR class and Reagor has as good of a resume as anyone in it.  
I guess for dynasty I see it.  I like the kid a lot, just think there's major hurdles for him becoming fantasy relevant this season.  Due to the Tight End situation, the young speedy receivers there, and the way Philly spreads the ball around, I don't see him having a huge ceiling.  He will be one of those "better nfl players than fantasy players" imo.

I guess for dynasty I see it.  I like the kid a lot, just think there's major hurdles for him becoming fantasy relevant this season.  Due to the Tight End situation, the young speedy receivers there, and the way Philly spreads the ball around, I don't see him having a huge ceiling.  He will be one of those "better nfl players than fantasy players" imo.
Very possible but I see a team with a lot of talent at QB but who didn't have a WR get more than 43 catchess last year. It's really hard to see something that crazy happen again. Only 36% of the Eagles receptions went to WRs last year. That is an awful ratio and one that an exciting 1st round WR could change before the year is over. 

Very possible but I see a team with a lot of talent at QB but who didn't have a WR get more than 43 catchess last year. It's really hard to see something that crazy happen again. Only 36% of the Eagles receptions went to WRs last year. That is an awful ratio and one that an exciting 1st round WR could change before the year is over. 
Ya I definitely see WR percentage jumping.  Even up a considerable amount to 50%.  However, there are 5 new WRs on this team that weren't here for most of last year.  Those targets are going to get spread around.  Again I like the kid and next year I can see, but I'd be shocked at a 1000 yard season this year.

Ya I definitely see WR percentage jumping.  Even up a considerable amount to 50%.  However, there are 5 new WRs on this team that weren't here for most of last year.  Those targets are going to get spread around.  Again I like the kid and next year I can see, but I'd be shocked at a 1000 yard season this year.
We just obviously feel different about how good Reagor is. I think his talent will demand opportunity as the year goes on. 

We just obviously feel different about how good Reagor is. I think his talent will demand opportunity as the year goes on. 
When did I say he wasn't good?  I think he's good.  I'm just asking you what your projections are and what quantifiable numbers "demanding opportunity" relates to.

It's all good. Go Eagles! Go Reagor!
Ya, not trying to argue. It's a Reagor fantasy thread so I think it's a great space to discuss his numbers.  I like his talent and I think next year he's going to have an opportunity to crack 1000 yards.  Probably has a higher floor and lower ceiling (based on opportunity) than all the other WR's taken high in the draft.  Seems like 400-700 yards is a pretty safe zone for this year, and 700-1000 for next year.

He's going to take the top off of defenses and allow all the other weapons to get involved.

Interesting tidbit:  In all of Doug's 4 NFL seasons here, he's never had a WR crack 850 receiving yards.

Ya, not trying to argue. It's a Reagor fantasy thread so I think it's a great space to discuss his numbers.  I like his talent and I think next year he's going to have an opportunity to crack 1000 yards.  Probably has a higher floor and lower ceiling (based on opportunity) than all the other WR's taken high in the draft.  Seems like 400-700 yards is a pretty safe zone for this year, and 700-1000 for next year.

He's going to take the top off of defenses and allow all the other weapons to get involved.

Interesting tidbit:  In all of Doug's 4 NFL seasons here, he's never had a WR crack 850 receiving yards.
Can't make silk purses out of sow's ears or chicken salad out of chicken poop.

I feel confident saying he’s a 60-65, 900-950 & 3-6 guy this year. 

If he’s getting starting reps right away I’m good adding 10% across the board. He’s also going to get a good deal of rushing yards as well IMO. 

Hes the perfect fit for the offense and for Wentz to grow with IMO. 

I feel confident saying he’s a 60-65, 900-950 & 3-6 guy this year. 

If he’s getting starting reps right away I’m good adding 10% across the board. He’s also going to get a good deal of rushing yards as well IMO. 

Hes the perfect fit for the offense and for Wentz to grow with IMO. 
I don't think any dynasty owner would be upset about those numbers. From a yardage and catch standpoint, I'd be pretty thrilled with that in year 2, so I think it seems optimistic for year 1. 

I will say, if he has 60 catches I will be surprised by less than 6 TDs. with his speed and Wentz's arm, it seem like he'll be able to make some splash plays when he's on the field. I just think it's more likely that he's only making splash plays for most of his rookie year and not providing a lot of consistent targets and receptions, similar to AJ Brown before Tannehill took over last season. 

jtd13 said:
I don't think any dynasty owner would be upset about those numbers. From a yardage and catch standpoint, I'd be pretty thrilled with that in year 2, so I think it seems optimistic for year 1. 
I would be extremely happy if he posted a year like what McLaurin did in 2019. 

Yet you don’t think he can get on the field because of the wrs ahead of him. 
Never said that.  I think his fantasy numbers are capped at around 750 this year because we run a ton of plays through our Tight Ends (one of the reasons a WR didn't hit 1000 in the last 4 years).  And also last year we never had Djax and Alshon.... we do (for now) this year.  And also part of the reason no one hits 850 is Doug spreads it around... which will continue this year with our FIVE new WR's on the team this year.  I think that's a lot of reasons to think that Reagor will not be a top tier fantasy WR or hit 1000 yards this year, don't you?

Deamon said:
Alshon is injured/washed, DJax gets four balls a game. IMO outside of Mims, Reagor has the best situation for a year 1 splash

Alshon is injured/washed, DJax gets four balls a game. IMO outside of Mims, Reagor has the best situation for a year 1 splash
Really?  He caught 8 balls on 10 targets in his only game in Philly last year.

And again you're ignoring the coach's tendency to spread the ball around and our 2 Tight Ends.

So what are your projections for Reagor this year?  You think he has a shot at 1000?

Really?  He caught 8 balls on 10 targets in his only game in Philly last year.

And again you're ignoring the coach's tendency to spread the ball around and our 2 Tight Ends.

So what are your projections for Reagor this year?  You think he has a shot at 1000?
I could see 800 yards from scrimmage year 1, with a shot at 1000. The upside of Wentz-Reagor making sweet music is tantalizing

I could see 800 yards from scrimmage year 1, with a shot at 1000. The upside of Wentz-Reagor making sweet music is tantalizing
800-1000 would be pretty impressive.  Again, I like the player, I like the fit in the offense, I like the match of his strengths with Wentz's.  I don't like the potential for high volume in year 1.  FBG projects him at 400 AP.  I see about 600.

I'm not proclaiming victory on him just yet, but what I'm reading about Reagor's situation in regards to suppressing his potential value reminds me a lot of what I read about Miles Sanders this time last year. 

Thinking he goes something around 58/827/6. Will see a lot of single coverage throughout the year due to system design/speed all over the place. Alshon will miss games, Desean probably won't play a full season either. This guy will be the primary WR in probably 3-5 games. 

Never said that.  I think his fantasy numbers are capped at around 750 this year because we run a ton of plays through our Tight Ends (one of the reasons a WR didn't hit 1000 in the last 4 years).  And also last year we never had Djax and Alshon.... we do (for now) this year.  And also part of the reason no one hits 850 is Doug spreads it around... which will continue this year with our FIVE new WR's on the team this year.  I think that's a lot of reasons to think that Reagor will not be a top tier fantasy WR or hit 1000 yards this year, don't you?
750 for a rookie campaign would be a great start. It's going to be tough for any rookie WR to make a big 1000 yard splash. Jeudy has a ton of competition and a big ? at QB. Lamb has serious competition. Ruggs might not profile to ever be a target hog and there's Edwards, Tyrell, Waller to compete with. Jefferson landed in a great spot in terms of depth chart but Thielen missed most of the year and Diggs only had 95 targets. It's a lot to ask Jefferson to be as good as Diggs from day 1. Tee Higgins might be 4th or 5th on that depth chart this year. Aiyuk has to compete with his doppleganger Deebo and the best TE in the league on a run heavy offense. The Jags have an alpha in Chark, questionable QB play and a low volume pass game plus Shenault might not be fully healthy. Plus limited to no offseason. 

I'm not proclaiming victory on him just yet, but what I'm reading about Reagor's situation in regards to suppressing his potential value reminds me a lot of what I read about Miles Sanders this time last year. 

Exactly what I was thinking. Then I saw Ilov80s post below and think that sounds like a reasonable course for Raegor. I'd still have concerns about TEs gaining the most from Reagor's arrival, though. 

Now a Reagor owner after yesterday's draft in one league; he's probably my WR1 with Jefferson right there after Lamb and Jeudy. I think Reagor could be the potential WR1 of this class really. First round capital, 99th-percentile explosion and burst, and early implied opportunity, what's there not to like?

I'm looking pretty closely at the Reagor/Jefferson/Ruggs grouping (I say grouping according to some of the rankings I've seen; not sure about ADP) and I really like Reagor as a pick in the second half of round 1, assuming that he's in range for teams that already have a solid roster. I'm higher on Jefferson as a player, but Reagor is really tempting with Wentz, especially considering his athletic ability.

I'm looking pretty closely at the Reagor/Jefferson/Ruggs grouping (I say grouping according to some of the rankings I've seen; not sure about ADP) and I really like Reagor as a pick in the second half of round 1, assuming that he's in range for teams that already have a solid roster. I'm higher on Jefferson as a player, but Reagor is really tempting with Wentz, especially considering his athletic ability.
Was looking at those 3 guys with picks of 10 and 14. Jefferson went 9 but I got Reagor at and Mims at 14. Picks 8-14 is the sweet spot for those WRs not named Lamb or Jeudy. 

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
Thinking he goes something around 58/827/6. Will see a lot of single coverage throughout the year due to system design/speed all over the place. Alshon will miss games, Desean probably won't play a full season either. This guy will be the primary WR in probably 3-5 games. 
This.

Users who are viewing this thread