Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynast & Redraft: WR Jalen Reagor, Eagles

9 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Although I disagree I appreciate your perspective KChusker.

I should take a closer look at the games you are talking about against Kansas and Texas Tech.

When the defense is sub par and a lot of offensive plays are successful, there are times where a player doesn't need to put up stats. If the team is winning anyways. That happens all the time. Not saying that is the case in these two particular games though or the 2018 bowl game vs California? He didn't do much in that game.

I will look into it.

It wasn't necessarily games in particular either. Just as a whole: I believe he led TCU in receiving yards for like 4 out of 12 games last year.

Admittedly I have a slight bias against WRs with speed as their top quality (didn't like Corey Coleman either even though he was more productive in college than Reagor); but scouting Ruggs I was able to come around on him--not as the WR1 in this class like the Raiders did--but enough to understand what they were thinking.

I can only think of 3 games Reagor had over the last two years that seriously impressed me: Ohio State 2018, OK State 2019 and Kansas 2018 (and one of those was against Kansas which counts for like half a game)

Reagor passes the two top boxes (for me) for WR prospects: breakout age and draft capital

But watching him I never saw something that special or impressive

Like I said with DK though I have certainly been wrong before

• Like 1

At least you have a response @KChusker and reasoning behind why you don't like him rather than made up arguments.  I can't say I disagree with your take on past WR's like Jeffery or Agholor (loved him coming out, still believe Philly ruined him) but I do disagree with the overall talent you view Reagor with.  No biggie there.  There's some thought put into your viewpoint and I appreciate that which makes me look more closely if I'm being blinded by my own love for a player.  

Looking game by game of 2019 at least, there's a lot of bad stat lines for sure.  The "bad offense/QB" excuse can only be used so much, and honestly ~80% of college football has bad QB play so it's not something purely unique to Reagor.  Having said that I think his situation was especially awful.  Only 2 games last year TCU had over 300 passing yards and only 4 more had over 200 (6 total games over 200 yards).  That's absolutely pathetic.  So in my mind there's a lot of projection that needs to be done with Reagor and he might not be as polished as some might think.  

I look at prospects more from a traits perspective than what they do on the field in terms of stats.  Stats help the overall case for them, but I don't use that as a requirement.  Reagor passes the traits test, the athleticism, dominator rating, breakout age, draft capital, and what I perceive to be a good landing spot so I'm high on him.  It's helped me see some diamonds in the rough, but I think it does cloud my judgement a bit on when they could produce.  I'm not sure about when for Reagor, but I do think the opportunity is there right out the gate. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, KChusker said:

It wasn't necessarily games in particular either. Just as a whole: I believe he led TCU in receiving yards for like 4 out of 12 games last year.

Admittedly I have a slight bias against WRs with speed as their top quality (didn't like Corey Coleman either even though he was more productive in college than Reagor); but scouting Ruggs I was able to come around on him--not as the WR1 in this class like the Raiders did--but enough to understand what they were thinking.

I can only think of 3 games Reagor had over the last two years that seriously impressed me: Ohio State 2018, OK State 2019 and Kansas 2018 (and one of those was against Kansas which counts for like half a game)

Reagor passes the two top boxes (for me) for WR prospects: breakout age and draft capital

But watching him I never saw something that special or impressive

Like I said with DK though I have certainly been wrong before

Yeah I was just looking at his games here and he scores in both games vs Texas Tech the last two seasons with good yards as well. So unless you are talking about his freshman season against them, he has done well.

Against Kansas last year TCU blows them out 51 to 14. TCU runs the ball 61 times for over 300 yards and 4 TD. They didn't need WR on this day. In 2018 Reagor had big games vs both Kansas teams. He has been great against Kansas State.

In the bowl game it was a very low scoring contest that they won 10 to 7 Sewo Olonilua had 32 carries and almost 200 yards rushing. WR didn't do much.

I dunno Reagor leads TCU in market share and receptions. I am wondering where the beef is here?

It is my understanding and discussed earlier in the thread that TCU coaching staff has changed since the days of Corey Coleman. I liked Coleman a lot as a prospect but I think Reagor is a better route runner than him with similar speed and athletic ability.

I tend to have a bias against speed only type of WR as well. While I think Reagor can take the top off the defense and threaten corners enough that they will give him cushion, I don't think he is a one trick pony. I think he can do more than that. He reminds me of Percy Harvin although not as good a runner as Harvin. I think Reagor can do damage on crossing routes, quick screens while also threatening deep and having space for hitches and so on.

I have been wrong plenty of times. Corey Coleman for example, although that year it was pretty hard to be right about any of the 1st round WR. They all stunk. The Browns did not help.

FWIW I did not like Agholor at all and JJACWS less. I was on the fence about Matthews. I feel very different about Reagors talent than I do any of those early picks by the Eagles recently. I am kind of bummed out that they got a good one this time.

Edited by Biabreakable

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

Yeah I was just looking at his games here and he scores in both games vs Texas Tech the last two seasons with good yards as well. So unless you are talking about his freshman season against them, he has done well.

Against Kansas last year TCU blows them out 51 to 14. TCU runs the ball 61 times for over 300 yards and 4 TD. They didn't need WR on this day. In 2018 Reagor had big games vs both Kansas teams. He has been great against Kansas State.

In the bowl game it was a very low scoring contest that they won 10 to 7 Sewo Olonilua had 32 carries and almost 200 yards rushing. WR didn't do much.

I dunno Reagor leads TCU in market share and receptions. I am wondering where the beef is here?

It is my understanding and discussed earlier in the thread that TCU coaching staff has changed since the days of Corey Coleman. I liked Coleman a lot as a prospect but I think Reagor is a better route runner than him with similar speed and athletic ability.

I tend to have a bias against speed only type of WR as well. While I think Reagor can take the top off the defense and threaten corners enough that they will give him cushion, I don't think he is a one trick pony. I think he can do more than that. He reminds me of Percy Harvin although not as good a runner as Harvin. I think Reagor can do damage on crossing routes, quick screens while also threatening deep and having space for hitches and so on.

I have been wrong plenty of times. Corey Coleman for example, although that year it was pretty hard to be right about any of the 1st round WR. They all stunk. The Browns did not help.

FWIW I did not like Agholor at all and JJACWS less. I was on the fence about Matthews. I feel very different about Reagors talent than I do any of those early picks by the Eagles recently. I am kind of bummed out that they got a good one this time.

The Tech game in 2019 was what I was thinking of. He wasn't bad from a yardage perspective but his line was salvaged by a 55 yard TD on a bomb that he double caught (though it was a nice route--I'll give him that). Besides that play he had 2 receptions for 28 yards--the type of disappearing I'm referring to. Purdue 2019 was another one I remembered pretty clearly; and in general, I was speaking more to 2019 than 2018

Corey Coleman played for Baylor for one (you may have known that--just wanted to clarify) and I agree that TCU has become the red headed stepchild of the conference along with Iowa State for sticking to defense+run game while the rest of the conference has gone air raid

I do think Reagor has similar speed and athleticism but one thing from that department that does concern me a bit is stiffness/agility. Of course I docked DK hard for this last year so it can definitely be overcome--but I think it holds more weight for a guy like Reagor than a specimen like DK

The year of Coleman: Josh Doctson (another TCU WR) was my guy. Thought he was the next Mike Evans (oops)

My point on Agholor and Matthews was less about them as prospects and more that they were productive early in their careers and showed some promise before falling off hard

17 hours ago, Zyphros said:

At least you have a response @KChusker and reasoning behind why you don't like him rather than made up arguments.  I can't say I disagree with your take on past WR's like Jeffery or Agholor (loved him coming out, still believe Philly ruined him) but I do disagree with the overall talent you view Reagor with.  No biggie there.  There's some thought put into your viewpoint and I appreciate that which makes me look more closely if I'm being blinded by my own love for a player.  

Looking game by game of 2019 at least, there's a lot of bad stat lines for sure.  The "bad offense/QB" excuse can only be used so much, and honestly ~80% of college football has bad QB play so it's not something purely unique to Reagor.  Having said that I think his situation was especially awful.  Only 2 games last year TCU had over 300 passing yards and only 4 more had over 200 (6 total games over 200 yards).  That's absolutely pathetic.  So in my mind there's a lot of projection that needs to be done with Reagor and he might not be as polished as some might think.  

I look at prospects more from a traits perspective than what they do on the field in terms of stats.  Stats help the overall case for them, but I don't use that as a requirement.  Reagor passes the traits test, the athleticism, dominator rating, breakout age, draft capital, and what I perceive to be a good landing spot so I'm high on him.  It's helped me see some diamonds in the rough, but I think it does cloud my judgement a bit on when they could produce.  I'm not sure about when for Reagor, but I do think the opportunity is there right out the gate. 

I try to consider both traits and production; but to me, Reagor at the moment seems to have an ADP in line with guys who have both (Jefferson, Lamb, Jeudy) rather than the other "projection" types (Mims/Higgins). Maybe it's not the most sound approach but I have a hard time completely tuning out film even though I do acknowledge draft capital and breakout age as the most important factors.

I said he was only behind Lamb and JT among prospects I have watched so I will say this: I give Lamb the benefit of the doubt because he produced but there is a LOT about him that worries me. Most of his getting open is finding the soft spot in zones while his plays against press/man are bullying Big 12 corners without separation but with physicality he might not have the frame to sustain against NFL defenders, so I am not trying to single out Reagor

But as far as Reagor goes: right now I see a lot of inconsistency and a limited route tree that--while it can be improved--suggests a boom bust outlook (not necessarily a one trick pony--just boom bust with a ceiling somewhere near a healthy Will Fuller and a pretty low floor)

Edited by KChusker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KChusker said:

The Tech game in 2019 was what I was thinking of. He wasn't bad from a yardage perspective but his line was salvaged by a 55 yard TD on a bomb that he double caught (though it was a nice route--I'll give him that). Besides that play he had 2 receptions for 28 yards--the type of disappearing I'm referring to. Purdue 2019 was another one I remembered pretty clearly; and in general, I was speaking more to 2019 than 2018

Corey Coleman played for Baylor for one (you may have known that--just wanted to clarify) and I agree that TCU has become the red headed stepchild of the conference along with Iowa State for sticking to defense+run game while the rest of the conference has gone air raid

I do think Reagor has similar speed and athleticism but one thing from that department that does concern me a bit is stiffness/agility. Of course I docked DK hard for this last year so it can definitely be overcome--but I think it holds more weight for a guy like Reagor than a specimen like DK

The year of Coleman: Josh Doctson (another TCU WR) was my guy. Thought he was the next Mike Evans (oops)

My point on Agholor and Matthews was less about them as prospects and more that they were productive early in their careers and showed some promise before falling off hard

I try to consider both traits and production; but to me, Reagor at the moment seems to have an ADP in line with guys who have both (Jefferson, Lamb, Jeudy) rather than the other "projection" types (Mims/Higgins). Maybe it's not the most sound approach but I have a hard time completely tuning out film even though I do acknowledge draft capital and breakout age as the most important factors.

I said he was only behind Lamb and JT among prospects I have watched so I will say this: I give Lamb the benefit of the doubt because he produced but there is a LOT about him that worries me. Most of his getting open is finding the soft spot in zones while his plays against press/man are bullying Big 12 corners without separation but with physicality he might not have the frame to sustain against NFL defenders, so I am not trying to single out Reagor

But as far as Reagor goes: right now I see a lot of inconsistency and a limited route tree that--while it can be improved--suggests a boom bust outlook (not necessarily a one trick pony--just boom bust with a ceiling somewhere near a healthy Will Fuller and a pretty low floor)

Good ceiling comparison to Fuller. Great - when healthy. 

11 hours ago, Blackbear said:

Just cause I chose to avoid drafting this seemingly injury risk that avoids contact does not mean you or anyone else has to. It is just a preference. I’d rather draft others. There are a lot of promising rookie receivers. 

The point is these message boards are to educate people. Your random thoughts don't create dialog or give anyone a real reason to be concerned. I could go into every thread and say a guy will probably get injured (and since football is violent it would likely be true) but what good would that do? 

22 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

Good ceiling comparison to Fuller. Great - when healthy. 

So you're just a troll. Carry on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

So you're just a troll. Carry on.

Fuller is great - when healthy. 

20 hours ago, KChusker said:

I see. Yeah I didn't go back and watch those games after our conversation yet. I appreciate the detail about the big play saving his day in that one.

Yeah not sure where Coleman came into this conversation. I think someone mentioned him earlier in the thread so that got stuck in my head. Looking back I had Doctson as the top guy pre NFL draft then Coleman post NFL draft. This has nothing to do with Reagor besides them all being 1st round WR picks by the NFL.

Thanks for the counter points and perspective.

8 hours ago, Brandon Will said:

The focus should be Wentz, not Reagor. 

In the Reagor thread?  Why?

• Laughing 1

Black dot

12 hours ago, Deamon said:

Well because Wentz and the offense overall will affect how well Reagor does.

The over/under article does a good job I think of showing what targets have been going to the WR in this offense. Some of the recent production from the position has been sub optimal and the addition of Reagor should change that going forward 

Yet you would take the under on 651 receiving yards.

Do Eagles fans just not believe a WR can be good in this offense?

1 minute ago, Biabreakable said:

Well because Wentz and the offense overall will affect how well Reagor does.

The over/under article does a good job I think of showing what targets have been going to the WR in this offense. Some of the recent production from the position has been sub optimal and the addition of Reagor should change that going forward 

I think Reagor can be very good. 

Year 1 is tough for rookie WR's. 
Also he has more competition this year that might not be around next year (Alshon/Djax). 
Also he has no camp so might start slow.
Also he will be the 3rd/4th receiving option on the team this year.
Also our offense doesn't put up big WR numbers.

There are a lot of reasons to pick the under this year.  I think he will have a MUCH bigger year 2 than year 1 statistically.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Just for some context, the top 4 FBG staffers yardage projections for him:

DD: 474
BH: 555
MT: 453
JW: 671

Edited by Deamon

13 hours ago, Deamon said:

I just believe its Wentz that directly correlates Reagors production, and Wentz will put the numbers up.

I love the kid. Hope I can get him in my draft late 1st.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

I think Reagor can be very good. 

Year 1 is tough for rookie WR's. 

Yeah I get it that rookie WR do not tend to produce well their rookie seasons.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Also he has more competition this year that might not be around next year (Alshon/Djax). 

I have seen Mike Clay and Jason Woods only projecting 9 or 10 games for Jeffrey. How many do you think he plays?

I dont see overlap in Reagor and Jeffrey's skill set. Reagor is more like Jackson. So if Jackson is playing well, no room for Reagor?

Jason Wood has JJACW with 30 receptions. I dont think he is that involved.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Also he has no camp so might start slow.

This could be the case for all rookies this year.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Also he will be the 3rd/4th receiving option on the team this year.

What do you think the distribution of targets will be?

Both TE and Jackson more targets than Reagor? Or are you talking about Jeffrey or Sanders as the 3rd most utiilised?

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Also our offense doesn't put up big WR numbers.

This I think is more about the WR talent or lack of it due to multiple reasons like injuries, free agency, poor draft pick replacements.

In 2017 the Eagles threw to WR 300 times on 584 attempts. Over 50% of the total targets.

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

There are a lot of reasons to pick the under this year.  I think he will have a MUCH bigger year 2 than year 1 statistically.

Yeah the potential of slow start due to no camp and the risk of missed games makes 651 a tough bet. Under more normal circumstances I would be more confident about him doing it.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Yeah I get it that rookie WR do not tend to produce well their rookie seasons.

I have seen Mike Clay and Jason Woods only projecting 9 or 10 games for Jeffrey. How many do you think he plays?
Ya about that, I agree and probably only say 8.  That's still half a season of cutting into his production though.  Small factor, but still a factor.

I dont see overlap in Reagor and Jeffrey's skill set. Reagor is more like Jackson. So if Jackson is playing well, no room for Reagor?
Ya they're only working him in right now to play the Z.  Coach has said this last week, and it sounds like he will start his career as Djax backup.  This will also limit him the first half of the season (the party Alshon likely misses)

Jason Wood has JJACW with 30 receptions. I dont think he is that involved.
Wood has JJAW at 15 receptions from what I'm seeing?

This could be the case for all rookies this year.
Agreed.

What do you think the distribution of targets will be?
If I had to guess receptions I'd say something like:  Djax 45, Reagor 40, Alshon 30, Goodwin 15, JJaw 15, Ward 10, Other 5.

Both TE and Jackson more targets than Reagor? Or are you talking about Jeffrey or Sanders as the 3rd most utiilised?
In terms of Receptions (and targets), Yes I definitely see Djax, Ertz, and Goedert getting more than Reagor.  All 4 FBG staffers have Goedert with more receptions than Reagor and I agree.  I think Reagor and Alshon are a push, and have them tied for 4th/5th on the team in targets/receptions (so much of this depends on Alshon's health.  If he's healthy, I think he pushes Reagor down to 5th most receiving targets on the team.  If not, Reagor is 4th.  I tend to think he won't be, so I give Reagor the favourable 4th receiving option... still not great)

This I think is more about the WR talent or lack of it due to multiple reasons like injuries, free agency, poor draft pick replacements.
Very possible, yes.  Doug likes to spread it around though, and now we have tons of talent.  This isn't even taking into consideration the targets going to Sanders, Scott, or one of the speedy rookie WR's if one makes an impact.

In 2017 the Eagles threw to WR 300 times on 584 attempts. Over 50% of the total targets.
Sure.  This was when Blount and Ajayi were in the backfield.  More passes should go to Sanders and Scott than to those guys.  Also didn't have Goedert who should get more work this year.

Yeah the potential of slow start due to no camp and the risk of missed games makes 651 a tough bet. Under more normal circumstances I would be more confident about him doing it.
I still think that's too high of an O/U.  Most non-Eagles fans are overdrafting this guy.  Not cause we hate him, but he's going to take some time, and he's also going to stretch the field and give Carson easy throws to our TE.  He's going to be a better NFL receiver than fantasy receiver this year IMO.  Next year is a different story.

Edited by Deamon
  • Like 1

Thnaks Demon.

It looks like Jason Wood has updated his projections since I last looked at them and he has JJACW with fewer receptions than he did before.

Thanks for the info on them having Reagor work on the Z position. That is what I was guessing as well but good to get confirmation of that. I don't read Eagles beat writers to keep on that. Wasn't hard to figure out where his skill set fits in the offense though.

As far as the Eagles not having Goedert in 2017 shouldn't be a reason for the WR getting less targets. Trey Burton and Celek combined for 55 targets that year, a bit less than what I would project Goedert for. Your point about Blount and their other RB that season having not many targets does matter. I see the distribution of targets for RB and TE as more interdependent than their relationship to the WRs. Sanders a much better receiving option than what they had in 2017 though. In 2017 I count 75 targets to RB players. Sanders and the rest of the RB for the Eagles had 114 targets last season.

When you say most non Eagles fans are over drafting Reagor this implies that Eagles fans know something that non Eagles fans do not. I don't agree with this. If anything the Eagles fans seem too bearish on a very talented WR that the Eagles have been in need of for a long time. It seems like the concept of having Jackson and Reagor on the field at the same time isn't an option and I don't get that part of this calculus at all. In my view they can and should both be on the field at the same time. Forget Jeffrey. Forget JJACW. Play your best players. Either Reagor or Jackson have to play some X which I think they can do fine.

• Like 1

3 Realistic expectations for Eagles WR DeSean Jackson in 2020

Knox brings up the fact that Jackson hasn't played 16 games since 2013 and 2020 will be his age 34 season. Historically 34 is where you see WR have a steep drop off.

He also suggests that Jackson should only play 15 to 20 snaps per game to keep him healthy.

Mike Clay has Jackson projected to play 13 games.

DD has Jackson playing 13.9 games

Henry has him playing 13 games.

Wood 14 games.

4 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

Thnaks Demon.

It looks like Jason Wood has updated his projections since I last looked at them and he has JJACW with fewer receptions than he did before.

Thanks for the info on them having Reagor work on the Z position. That is what I was guessing as well but good to get confirmation of that. I don't read Eagles beat writers to keep on that. Wasn't hard to figure out where his skill set fits in the offense though.

As far as the Eagles not having Goedert in 2017 shouldn't be a reason for the WR getting less targets. Trey Burton and Celek combined for 55 targets that year, a bit less than what I would project Goedert for. Your point about Blount and their other RB that season having not many targets does matter. I see the distribution of targets for RB and TE as more interdependent than their relationship to the WRs. Sanders a much better receiving option than what they had in 2017 though. In 2017 I count 75 targets to RB players. Sanders and the rest of the RB for the Eagles had 114 targets last season.

When you say most non Eagles fans are over drafting Reagor this implies that Eagles fans know something that non Eagles fans do not. I don't agree with this. If anything the Eagles fans seem too bearish on a very talented WR that the Eagles have been in need of for a long time. It seems like the concept of having Jackson and Reagor on the field at the same time isn't an option and I don't get that part of this calculus at all. In my view they can and should both be on the field at the same time. Forget Jeffrey. Forget JJACW. Play your best players. Either Reagor or Jackson have to play some X which I think they can do fine.

Te2+Te3 that year had 55 like you said, which should again be way lower this year.  Last year alone, Goedert+Perkins had 100 Targets. 

Last years target distribution was:  WR 256, TE+RB 348.  I'm not saying there won't be a bit more of a shift to WR receptions this year.  I believe with all the new offensive minds on the coaching staff, that we will definitely see a shift to more WR targets.... but not to the 52% they had in 2017.... 42%-52% I think is an over-adjustment.  For Context, the 4 FBG staffers predict WR Receptions to be:  149 152 153 168. 

In 2017 they had 178, 2018 they had 188, and 2019 was 146.  Even if we go above and beyond all the staffers' projections and give them say 175 (pretty much what they had in that 2017 year which is unlikely IMO because of the above TE+RB projections), how would you divy up those 175?  I'll adjust mine to that 175 number which I think would be the CEILING of WR receptions this year.

Djax 52
Reagor 41
Alshon 29
Goodwin 18
JJaw 14
Ward 14
Other 7

As for your last point, I don't think we're too bearish on him.  We have seen how we move the ball around, and may have a decent grasp on the offense (not saying non fans don't, and definitely not you since it looks like you have put thought into it, but some people like to just think "WR need + 1st Round WR = automatic production).  I think fans are more bullish on Reagor than most non fans, but from a pure fantasy year 1 perspective, I think when you dive into the numbers you see that he is not bound for a 650+ yard season.  I hope I'm wrong.

Yes, Reagor can play some X... and the though is he will play the X for a lot of the season after being the backup Z for the first part of it.  I mostly agree with you in the "forget JJAW and Alshon, go Reagor" statement... And my reception projections even show that (Reagor as the #2 WR)... but it takes time for Rookie WR's and 180 WR reception ceiling isn't a lot to go around.  How many WR receptions would you predict and what would your breakdown be?  Very curious.

• Like 1

Eagles signed first-round WR Jalen Reagor to a four-year, $13.3 million contract.

It's your run-of-the-mill four-year deal with a fifth-year option for the 2024 season. An undersized (5’11/206) but explosive deep threat with 4.47 speed, Reagor broke out as an 18-year-old freshman (33/576/8), ascended as a sophomore (72/1,061/9), then tanked (43/611/5, 6.9 yards per target) as the team threw freshman Max Duggan under center in Reagor's final year. He still accounted for nearly 40 percent of the Horned Frogs' receiving scores over those three seasons. On tape, Reagor is at his best on straight-line routes where he can get upfield and utilize his 42-inch vertical. He has the body control to haul in contested catches, but it’s unclear if that skill-set will translate to the NFL given his size. To reach his Brandin Cooks-level ceiling, Reagor needs to fine-tune his releases at the line of scrimmage to avoid getting overpowered. Until then, he’ll compete as a low-volume downfield weapon with the ability to excel in returning both kicks and punts from Day 1.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 20, 2020, 10:42 AM ET

Jalen Reagor has been learning the X receiver spot in coach Doug Pederson's offense.

Reagor profiles better in the slot, but with Alshon Jeffery (Lisfranc, active/PUP) sidelined and Marquise Goodwin opting out, the Eagles may need him to open the year on the outside. Playing in base sets would give Reagor a bump in snaps on one of most tight end heavy offenses in the league. Even if Jeffery is ready for Week 1, Reagor should beat out Greg Ward for a three-wide role. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside is also competing at the X spot.

SOURCE: pennlive.com

Aug 1, 2020, 10:02 AM ET

49 minutes ago, Faust said:

Wow, this is great news. This guy should be the first WR off the board if we are looking at situation, but I do understand Jeudy/Lamb being taken before him

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2020 at 11:02 AM, I-ROK said:

Wow, this is great news. This guy should be the first WR off the board if we are looking at situation, but I do understand Jeudy/Lamb being taken before him

Yep but I don't understand why they say he profiles better in the slot. In general, most WRs are better in the slot because they more room, more route options and are less likely to see a premier CB. But I don't see anything about Reagor that says is more of a slot WR than outside WR. Based on size-skill combo, he seems like he can do similar things to Desean Jackson, Tyreek Hill, Brandin Cooks, OBJ, Will Fuller, etc. He isn't quite as fast as those guys and time will tell if he can be anywhere near as good but being 5'11" 206 and super explosive is a fine profile for an outside WR. 

Edited by Ilov80s

13 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Yep but I don't understand why they say he profiles better in the slot. In general, most WRs are better in the slot because they more room, more route options and are less likely to see a premier CB. But I don't see anything about Reagor that says is more of a slot WR than outside WR. Based on size-skill combo, he seems like he can do similar things to Desean Jackson, Tyreek Hill, Brandin Cooks, OBJ, Will Fuller, etc. He isn't quite as fast as those guys and time will tell if he can be anywhere near as good but being 5'11" 206 and super explosive is a fine profile for an outside WR. 

I think Reagor is very similar to someone like Deebo.  People thought Deebo couldn’t play outside but then they used him on gadgets as well as downfield.  I think Pederson is creative enough to have a similar impact.  Outside I don’t see as an issue, no idea where the “slot” thing comes from either.  

My biggest concern is Deebo was way more polished as a route runner and the impact might not be the same. There could be more “wow” type of moments from Reagor but I’m just hoping for impact rather than expecting breakout.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I think Reagor is very similar to someone like Deebo.  People thought Deebo couldn’t play outside but then they used him on gadgets as well as downfield.  I think Pederson is creative enough to have a similar impact.  Outside I don’t see as an issue, no idea where the “slot” thing comes from either.  

My biggest concern is Deebo was way more polished as a route runner and the impact might not be the same. There could be more “wow” type of moments from Reagor but I’m just hoping for impact rather than expecting breakout.  

I could see that rookie year. Deebo was a senior vs. Reagor being a junior so there was more time for him to develop. 

On 8/1/2020 at 11:02 AM, I-ROK said:

I can't remember a rookie WR EVER being rosterable for fantasy with the Eagles offense... I'd set the over/under (assuming 16 games) at 300 yards.

3 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

I can't remember a rookie WR EVER being rosterable for fantasy with the Eagles offense... I'd set the over/under (assuming 16 games) at 300 yards.

agreed.  Some of the people on these boards who have him at 800 yards seems wild to me.

5 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

I will take the over on that all day. Reagor could do that in 3 games.

I havent seen any projection for Reagor being that low. So while you may be fans and most familiar with the team your prognostications are way too pessimistic. The prop bet presented in the thread from earlier this year was 650 yards over double the line you are talking about.

Just because it hasn't happened before doesnt mean it wont happen now.

I did a search on rookie seasons for Eagles WR using your 300 yard requirement in the query.

It has happened 6 times since 1992 and only one instance of it happening prior to 2005.

DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Jordan Matthews all exceeded 700 yards in their rookie seasons with the Eagles which would be the over for the prop bet of 650 yards presented earlier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

I will take the over on that all day. Reagor could do that in 3 games.

I havent seen any projection for Reagor being that low. So while you may be fans and most familiar with the team your prognostications are way too pessimistic. The prop bet presented in the thread from earlier this year was 650 yards over double the line you are talking about.

Just because it hasn't happened before doesnt mean it wont happen now.

I did a search on rookie seasons for Eagles WR using your 300 yard requirement in the query.

It has happened 6 times since 1992 and only one instance of it happening prior to 2005.

DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Jordan Matthews all exceeded 700 yards in their rookie seasons with the Eagles which would be the over for the prop bet of 650 yards presented earlier.

I think (hope) that he was being sarcastic with the 300 projection.  I wouldn't go that low either, especially with Alshon on the PUP.

FBG staffers have all bumped their Reagor projections up with the Alshon news.  The 5 of them now average 585 yards projected for him.

I still go under 650, but it's closer now with Alshon out.

2 hours ago, Deamon said:

I think (hope) that he was being sarcastic with the 300 projection.  I wouldn't go that low either, especially with Alshon on the PUP.

FBG staffers have all bumped their Reagor projections up with the Alshon news.  The 5 of them now average 585 yards projected for him.

I still go under 650, but it's closer now with Alshon out.

Yeah maybe this is just a minor factor but Goodwin opting out also increases the likelihood of Reagor being utilized in my opinion.

Edited by Biabreakable

13 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Yeah maybe this is just a minor factor but Goodwin opting out also increases the likelihood of Reagor being utilized in my opinion.

yep that too