What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jalen Reagor, NE (1 Viewer)

Thinking he goes something around 58/827/6. Will see a lot of single coverage throughout the year due to system design/speed all over the place. Alshon will miss games, Desean probably won't play a full season either. This guy will be the primary WR in probably 3-5 games. 
That would be huge.  That's literally DOUBLE the FBG projections.  You really think Desean will be done after 3-5 games? 

EVEN IF he's the primary WR (I don't think he will be this year), Doug's primary WR hasn't hit those numbers in his entire head coaching career.  I think those numbers you give are his absolute best case scenario.  He's gonna be massive next year.  This year, way way way too many factors against him (no offseason, 4th receiving option on a team that spreads the ball around a lot, etc).

That would be huge.  That's literally DOUBLE the FBG projections.  You really think Desean will be done after 3-5 games? 

EVEN IF he's the primary WR (I don't think he will be this year), Doug's primary WR hasn't hit those numbers in his entire head coaching career.  I think those numbers you give are his absolute best case scenario.  He's gonna be massive next year.  This year, way way way too many factors against him (no offseason, 4th receiving option on a team that spreads the ball around a lot, etc).
I'm saying he plays 3-5 games as a primary WR Reagor that is, with games projected to be missed by both Alshon and Desean who are the outside WRs right now. 

Doug is a smart coach, he goes where the talent is. From DGB to Agholor to Alshon injured both seasons to Desean playing one game and the likes of Greg Ward, Torrey Smith, Arcega-Whiteside. I'm pretty sure if Doug had Godwin and Mike Evans, while they might not match the seasons of last year in an Arians Air Attack, I have to believe Doug would feed these guys. 

In addition, Howie stressed the need for a vertical/outside threat and this guy can play, who they got for a guy who likes to throw it deep. One game sample size of a both a high speed guy that can also catch the ball and you see the results game 1 w Desean last year. 

I mean, I could be wrong. Just thinking he has a pretty nice season and Doug now that he has a talented WR, will find ways to scheme him open, at times very wide open.

I'm saying he plays 3-5 games as a primary WR Reagor that is, with games projected to be missed by both Alshon and Desean who are the outside WRs right now. 

Doug is a smart coach, he goes where the talent is. From DGB to Agholor to Alshon injured both seasons to Desean playing one game and the likes of Greg Ward, Torrey Smith, Arcega-Whiteside. I'm pretty sure if Doug had Godwin and Mike Evans, while they might not match the seasons of last year in an Arians Air Attack, I have to believe Doug would feed these guys. 

In addition, Howie stressed the need for a vertical/outside threat and this guy can play, who they got for a guy who likes to throw it deep. One game sample size of a both a high speed guy that can also catch the ball and you see the results game 1 w Desean last year. 

I mean, I could be wrong. Just thinking he has a pretty nice season and Doug now that he has a talented WR, will find ways to scheme him open, at times very wide open.
Fair.  I just think Carson is gonna find a way to get all these guys involved.  I could actually see our Tight Ends combining for close to 2k yards this year (they've hit 1500 the last 2 years).  We have so much speed, there's going to be a lot of room over the middle for those guys.  I like Reagor I just don't see STATISTICALLY a very big season.  

Jalen Reagor to start on the outside for Philadelphia?

According to NFL Insider Adam Caplan, Eagles WR Jalen Reagor will start opposite DeSean Jackson on the outside for Philadelphia to begin the season. (Adam Caplan on Twitter) 

Fantasy Impact:

With Alshon Jeffery likely to begin the season on the PUP list, Reagor figures to start on the outside for the Eagles alongside Jackson. Greg Ward, along with tight ends Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert, will operate in the slot. While his measurables are of a typical slot receiver, Reagor played both inside and outside at TCU, and the Eagles believe he can play both for them as well. Playing with a great quarterback like Carson Wentz bodes well for Reagor, but it remains to be seen if he will see enough targets to make a major impact. He’s ranked #60 in FantasyPros consensus WR rankings for re-draft leagues, but makes for a great option in rookie dynasty leagues.

Bummed that I only have him in one league.  I was trying to trade into the 8 and 9 spot of a recent draft but failed.  People are crazy about their rookie picks this year.  Ended up really glad my offers were rejected because he ended up going at 1.7. 

I am hoping all the negative talk lights a fire under him.  If he puts in the work and wants it bad enough I think he has the highest ceiling in this class. 

SiriusXM's Adam Caplan predicts first-round rookie WR Jalen Reagor will lead the Eagles in receptions and snaps.

This is a prediction, not a report, but it holds some water considering Caplan has covered the Eagles for a long time. We agree that his prediction is well within Reagor's range of outcomes, although Zach Ertz (135 targets last year) is probably the safest bet to lead the Eagles offense (not just receivers) in targets, receptions, and snaps in 2020. At receiver, however, Reagor faces little competition. DeSean Jackson has been utilized as a low-volume deep threat in recent seasons, Alshon Jeffery (Lisfranc surgery) is without a timetable to return, and the rest of the depth chart is largely unproven. If Reagor can level out the major consistency issues he had at TCU, then he can outperform his WR50 average draft position in fantasy.

SOURCE: Inside Birds on Twitter

Jun 21, 2020, 3:29 PM ET

I was talking about this some in the Mike Clay projections thread

When looking at projections for the rookie WR to me Reagor really stood out as a guy not being projected to do much.

Jaelen Reagor was the 4th WR selected in a very talented WR class. As you see earlier on in the thread, we are discussing if Ruggs or Reagor is the better prospect. Ruggs was selected before Reagor, but Reagor was the next WR selected. 

Some thought Jefferson should have been selected ahead of Reagor and perhaps some just general disappointment about the pick?

He was a 1st round pick at WR and to a team greatly in need of a WR and playmaker which is what Reagor is.

I pay extra attention to Jason Woods projection for Reagor given he is an Eagles fan, likely knows more about that team than many of us. He was the lowest on Reagor of all projections I looked at.

I don't really understand  how that happens.

I was talking about this some in the Mike Clay projections thread

When looking at projections for the rookie WR to me Reagor really stood out as a guy not being projected to do much.

Jaelen Reagor was the 4th WR selected in a very talented WR class. As you see earlier on in the thread, we are discussing if Ruggs or Reagor is the better prospect. Ruggs was selected before Reagor, but Reagor was the next WR selected. 

Some thought Jefferson should have been selected ahead of Reagor and perhaps some just general disappointment about the pick?

He was a 1st round pick at WR and to a team greatly in need of a WR and playmaker which is what Reagor is.

I pay extra attention to Jason Woods projection for Reagor given he is an Eagles fan, likely knows more about that team than many of us. He was the lowest on Reagor of all projections I looked at.

I don't really understand  how that happens.
Doesn't Philly seem a little bit like (old) New England on offense?  No one WR is really a star, solid TE play, and running the ball with about 12 different RBs.  Hard to count on success from any one of them (outside of the QB and maybe TEs) on a given week?

Doesn't Philly seem a little bit like (old) New England on offense?  No one WR is really a star, solid TE play, and running the ball with about 12 different RBs.  Hard to count on success from any one of them (outside of the QB and maybe TEs) on a given week?
Thats about to change.  Sanders and reagor are going to be big

Watched him more than maybe any other prospect in this draft besides JT and CeeDee and still don't understand what people see.

Guy flat out disappeared in so many games.

I know he had bad QB play; but even in games where the TCU offense was rolling with 30-40+ points against teams like Kansas and Texas Tech he was often not even the leading WR on his team. And unlike Ruggs or Jefferson he doesn't have the excuse of target competition.

I'd easily take those two and even work through the Mims/Higgins/Pittman/Vaughn/Dillon tier and maybe even Shenault before touching Reagor with a 10-foot pole. He is closer to Chase Claypool for me than to Lamb/Jeudy or even Jefferson

Testing wise: I think he is faster than 4.47 and wouldn't read much into that but the agility score would worry me quite a bit even if his awful production last year wasn't enough to dissuade me from drafting him

Last edited by a moderator:
Ducks hits. Playing mostly small ball. Seems a lesser version of Hollywood. Watched highlights, looks to get off field after contact. Probably will be injured easily. 
I'm really low on him but I don't see the injury risk part to the extent of Hollywood. Reagor has 2 inches and 40 pounds on him.

But as someone who watches the Big 12 a lot: Hollywood always seemed like a far superior player to me (yes I know he had better QB play)

Reagor does however shy away from contact to a certain degree. That I see for sure

5:21 of video. Also several other plays. 
I can't believe those are what you took out of that whole highlight video.  So he came out for a few plays.  He's been genuinely tough and uninjured in college.... to predict and expect him to be out and injured within a few weeks is a bit out of left field... and ya, uncool too.

Here is highlights... the td vs Texas was awesome... the run back against synecdoche was awesome... the rest... watch... avoids contact and comes up asking to go to sideline...

https://youtu.be/v9UQcG0ORMc
I avoid highlights when watching film. I actually haven’t watched a highlight video in about four years because they just don’t show the whole story. It’s entirely possible Reagor took a big hit or tweaked something before heading to the line. I’m not stating it as fact but I’d caution against impressions from highlights. 

Such a boom/bust guy. I can see Corey Coleman. I can see DJ Moore. No doubt he’s a top notch explosive athlete.

Here is highlights... the td vs Texas was awesome... the run back against synecdoche was awesome... the rest... watch... avoids contact and comes up asking to go to sideline...

https://youtu.be/v9UQcG0ORMc
Watch a game instead of highlights.  As for asking to go to the sideline and avoiding contact, you should go back and watch Christian McCaffrey, he did that a ton too.  It's called playing smart.  

In that highlight reel specifically though, you're seeing what you want to see.  He repeatedly cuts back inside a few times as well, not looking for contact, but because he sees more yards.  The times he goes out of bounds is because there's 3 or 4 defenders stopping him from doing it.  Again he's just playing smart.  

Apparently he plays small ball according to your comments as well but again there's examples in that video you posted where he high points well.  Anything not a go route, an end around or a punt return, that highlight reel is full of high point ability.  They even ran a jump ball route in the end zone where he clearly had trust from his QB and snags it 2 feet in the air.  Multiple times.  

Whatever your watching, your just seeing what you want to see.  

Watch a game instead of highlights.  As for asking to go to the sideline and avoiding contact, you should go back and watch Christian McCaffrey, he did that a ton too.  It's called playing smart.  

In that highlight reel specifically though, you're seeing what you want to see.  He repeatedly cuts back inside a few times as well, not looking for contact, but because he sees more yards.  The times he goes out of bounds is because there's 3 or 4 defenders stopping him from doing it.  Again he's just playing smart.  

Apparently he plays small ball according to your comments as well but again there's examples in that video you posted where he high points well.  Anything not a go route, an end around or a punt return, that highlight reel is full of high point ability.  They even ran a jump ball route in the end zone where he clearly had trust from his QB and snags it 2 feet in the air.  Multiple times.  

Whatever your watching, your just seeing what you want to see.  

Predicting any injury to a player is always uncool.
...and a futile effort. The worst kind of posts, as they add zero to the discussion and no one has any idea who will or who will not get injured.
His frame isn't even that bad. Lots of successful 5'11'' 206 pound WRs nowadays, so I don't really count injury as a reason to fade him

I'm fading him because I really don't think he is very good--from what I saw at TCU

That has been the way their offense has been since they got rid of DeSean Jackson, without replacing him, then last year signed him back to the team but he was injured.

They have been counting on Alshon Jeffrey too much as he is always injured with something. They have drafted Jordan Matthews and JJACW who are similar play style and role as Jeffrey.

That is until they drafted Jaelen Reagor..

The way the Eagles offense has functioned in the past  is something they need to change in my view. They need more explosive plays and Reagor can provide that.

Considering how low projections are for Reagor to me that means either people do not believe in Reagors talent, or they do not believe in Carson Wentz. Maybe in some cases both?

I don't even like the Eagles but I think Reagor is a very good player and will become a primary weapon for them sooner than later. They need a play maker like him.

5:21 of video. Also several other plays. 
That was a very difficult catch (nice move btw to get the corner to bite on the crossing route) and he has to fully extend to get it. He comes down on his hip and I also saw his head bounce off the turf when he landed. Focusing on staying in bounds and securing the catch.

He is smiling about the catch btw but yeah something is bothing him, his hip or something hurts and he sits down carefully because of it. Still smiling about the catch btw.

This looks to me like he is playing with some sort of injury that got aggravated by his landing after selling out for that catch.

Strange thing to focus on as an example of why the guy will be injured. What I take away from you example is that he plays through injuries. Very well.

His frame isn't even that bad. Lots of successful 5'11'' 206 pound WRs nowadays, so I don't really count injury as a reason to fade him

I'm fading him because I really don't think he is very good--from what I saw at TCU
Agreed.  His frame is a big positive if anything.  

Ducks hits. Playing mostly small ball. Seems a lesser version of Hollywood. Watched highlights, looks to get off field after contact. Probably will be injured easily. 
If you're going to make a claim put something behind it, subjective or not.  Don't just spout it off as "listen to me because I'm right".  How exactly does any of what you saw, point to him being easily injured?  Oh but Blackbear watched his college film and came away thinking he's injury prone when he doesn't have an injury history..... what? 

This guy may be right when it's all said and done, that Reagor is injury prone and doesn't high point or he's scared of contact or whatever other nonsense was spouted.  That clip of a quick 7 minutes of Reagor highlights points to the contrary of his statements.  

Everyone in the NFL is an injury risk, Reagor is no different.  But his body type and what seems to be a good work ethic point to a positive rather than a negative.  

Just cause I chose to avoid drafting this seemingly injury risk that avoids contact does not mean you or anyone else has to. It is just a preference. I’d rather draft others. There are a lot of promising rookie receivers. 
What makes him an injury risk?  I'm waiting for an answer.  "Because I watched his college film" is not an answer.  He has no past injuries that I'm aware of.  I'd love to hear it.  Maybe you like other players more, which again is fine.  But it's a misnomer for calling him and injury risk.  

You can avoid drafting whoever you want, but there's flaws in your process if it's based on nothing.  

That is ok if I have a flaw in my process. I prefer other more promising rookies first. 
What makes other rookies more promising?  I'm just trying to figure out your process.  

If it's landing spot I'll disagree as Reagor has arguably the best spot of all the rookie WR's.  No clear cut #1, plenty of targets to funnel to a top talent, growing young QB who many believe is elite.  What's not to like?  

Personally I have Reagor as my WR1 for this class, he checks every single box except elite draft capital.  The depth in this class can explain that a bit as other WR's might fit a team need better.  The shock was that the Eagles didn't take Jefferson at the time, but Roseman came out and said that Reagor is versatile and can play anywhere, so that's why they went with him. 

I did a bit of googling and I do not see any injury in Reagors career that caused him to miss a game.

I did find this where the coach is talking about Reagor having an ankle injury for the last 4 games of the 2018 season.

“He was hurt. The last four games, he played about 70 or 80 percent,” coach Gary Patterson said. “I don’t think people even know how fast Jalen Reagor is.”
Reagor had strong games to finish the 2018 season but didn't have any receptions in their bowl game. The injury caught up with him? Maybe this is a game where he didn't show up that people are talking about?

I do recall back in 2012 doing a lot of research on player injuries, how well they recover and so on. I found one study that showed a connection between players with quick twitch athletic profiles had a higher chance of playing more and also having more injuries. Those players tend to produce more than others as well. So its a double edged sword.

I do think Reagor is a quick twitch athlete who might struggle with hammys or other soft tissue injuries like Stephon Diggs or Percy Harvin.

What makes other rookies more promising?  I'm just trying to figure out your process.  

If it's landing spot I'll disagree as Reagor has arguably the best spot of all the rookie WR's.  No clear cut #1, plenty of targets to funnel to a top talent, growing young QB who many believe is elite.  What's not to like?  

Personally I have Reagor as my WR1 for this class, he checks every single box except elite draft capital.  The depth in this class can explain that a bit as other WR's might fit a team need better.  The shock was that the Eagles didn't take Jefferson at the time, but Roseman came out and said that Reagor is versatile and can play anywhere, so that's why they went with him. 
Like I said I don't think Reagor is very good--not because of injury

I watch the Big 12 and Big 10 more than any other conference as a Husker fan and Kansas native and have seen more of Reagor than any prospect not named Jonathan Taylor or Ceedee Lamb

He flat out disappeared in so many games

I am aware that he had bad QB play; but even in games where the TCU offense was rolling with 30-40+ points against teams like Kansas and Texas Tech he was often not even the leading WR on his team. And unlike Ruggs or Jefferson he doesn't have the excuse of target competition.

I'd easily take those two and even work through the Mims/Higgins/Pittman/Vaughn/Dillon tier and maybe even Shenault before touching Reagor with a 10-foot pole. He is closer to Chase Claypool for me than to Lamb/Jeudy or even Jefferson

For me personally: pretty much all this was confirmed by the Eagles (having seen their WR evaluation skills) taking him, just like Corey Coleman being a bust was solidified for me when the Browns took him

The dynasty community loves, even putting him ahead of Jefferson (who is a better route runner, has better hands and is better at contested catches) and in some cases Lamb/Jeudy and it boggles my mind. 

It can go both ways: I never understood the dynasty hype around N'Keal Harry last year, but I also thought DK's stock was way overpriced.

But I'm sticking to my guns on this one: I think the Eagles will be looking for a new WR soon enough and kicking themselves over not moving up for Lamb/Jeudy or picking Jefferson

I also dispute the idea that the Eagles are a great landing spot.

Last year showed me their offense can work without an alpha WR1.

But beyond that their history isn't great.

Jordan Mathews and Agholor showed a ton of promise early in their careers but stalled and flat out regressed. Alshon regressed hard after coming to Philly as well.

I don't believe they are a great system for WR production but more importantly for WR development

And frankly I love Big 12 football personally but the defense is optional for much of the league and their defenses are super vulnerable to high end speed and still Reagor couldn't produce consistently against those awful units.

Although I disagree I appreciate your perspective KChusker.

I should take a closer look at the games you are talking about against Kansas and Texas Tech.

When the defense is sub par and a lot of offensive plays are successful, there are times where a player doesn't need to put up stats. If the team is winning anyways. That happens all the time. Not saying that is the case in these two particular games though or the 2018 bowl game vs California? He didn't do much in that game.

I will look into it.

Although I disagree I appreciate your perspective KChusker.

I should take a closer look at the games you are talking about against Kansas and Texas Tech.

When the defense is sub par and a lot of offensive plays are successful, there are times where a player doesn't need to put up stats. If the team is winning anyways. That happens all the time. Not saying that is the case in these two particular games though or the 2018 bowl game vs California? He didn't do much in that game.

I will look into it.
It wasn't necessarily games in particular either. Just as a whole: I believe he led TCU in receiving yards for like 4 out of 12 games last year.

Admittedly I have a slight bias against WRs with speed as their top quality (didn't like Corey Coleman either even though he was more productive in college than Reagor); but scouting Ruggs I was able to come around on him--not as the WR1 in this class like the Raiders did--but enough to understand what they were thinking.

I can only think of 3 games Reagor had over the last two years that seriously impressed me: Ohio State 2018, OK State 2019 and Kansas 2018 (and one of those was against Kansas which counts for like half a game)

Reagor passes the two top boxes (for me) for WR prospects: breakout age and draft capital

But watching him I never saw something that special or impressive

Like I said with DK though I have certainly been wrong before

At least you have a response @KChusker and reasoning behind why you don't like him rather than made up arguments.  I can't say I disagree with your take on past WR's like Jeffery or Agholor (loved him coming out, still believe Philly ruined him) but I do disagree with the overall talent you view Reagor with.  No biggie there.  There's some thought put into your viewpoint and I appreciate that which makes me look more closely if I'm being blinded by my own love for a player.  

Looking game by game of 2019 at least, there's a lot of bad stat lines for sure.  The "bad offense/QB" excuse can only be used so much, and honestly ~80% of college football has bad QB play so it's not something purely unique to Reagor.  Having said that I think his situation was especially awful.  Only 2 games last year TCU had over 300 passing yards and only 4 more had over 200 (6 total games over 200 yards).  That's absolutely pathetic.  So in my mind there's a lot of projection that needs to be done with Reagor and he might not be as polished as some might think.  

I look at prospects more from a traits perspective than what they do on the field in terms of stats.  Stats help the overall case for them, but I don't use that as a requirement.  Reagor passes the traits test, the athleticism, dominator rating, breakout age, draft capital, and what I perceive to be a good landing spot so I'm high on him.  It's helped me see some diamonds in the rough, but I think it does cloud my judgement a bit on when they could produce.  I'm not sure about when for Reagor, but I do think the opportunity is there right out the gate. 

It wasn't necessarily games in particular either. Just as a whole: I believe he led TCU in receiving yards for like 4 out of 12 games last year.

Admittedly I have a slight bias against WRs with speed as their top quality (didn't like Corey Coleman either even though he was more productive in college than Reagor); but scouting Ruggs I was able to come around on him--not as the WR1 in this class like the Raiders did--but enough to understand what they were thinking.

I can only think of 3 games Reagor had over the last two years that seriously impressed me: Ohio State 2018, OK State 2019 and Kansas 2018 (and one of those was against Kansas which counts for like half a game)

Reagor passes the two top boxes (for me) for WR prospects: breakout age and draft capital

But watching him I never saw something that special or impressive

Like I said with DK though I have certainly been wrong before
Yeah I was just looking at his games here and he scores in both games vs Texas Tech the last two seasons with good yards as well. So unless you are talking about his freshman season against them, he has done well.

Against Kansas last year TCU blows them out 51 to 14. TCU runs the ball 61 times for over 300 yards and 4 TD. They didn't need WR on this day. In 2018 Reagor had big games vs both Kansas teams. He has been great against Kansas State.

In the bowl game it was a very low scoring contest that they won 10 to 7 Sewo Olonilua had 32 carries and almost 200 yards rushing. WR didn't do much.

I dunno Reagor leads TCU in market share and receptions. I am wondering where the beef is here?

It is my understanding and discussed earlier in the thread that TCU coaching staff has changed since the days of Corey Coleman. I liked Coleman a lot as a prospect but I think Reagor is a better route runner than him with similar speed and athletic ability.

I tend to have a bias against speed only type of WR as well. While I think Reagor can take the top off the defense and threaten corners enough that they will give him cushion, I don't think he is a one trick pony. I think he can do more than that. He reminds me of Percy Harvin although not as good a runner as Harvin. I think Reagor can do damage on crossing routes, quick screens while also threatening deep and having space for hitches and so on.

I have been wrong plenty of times. Corey Coleman for example, although that year it was pretty hard to be right about any of the 1st round WR. They all stunk. The Browns did not help.

FWIW I did not like Agholor at all and JJACWS less. I was on the fence about Matthews. I feel very different about Reagors talent than I do any of those early picks by the Eagles recently. I am kind of bummed out that they got a good one this time.

Yeah I was just looking at his games here and he scores in both games vs Texas Tech the last two seasons with good yards as well. So unless you are talking about his freshman season against them, he has done well.

Against Kansas last year TCU blows them out 51 to 14. TCU runs the ball 61 times for over 300 yards and 4 TD. They didn't need WR on this day. In 2018 Reagor had big games vs both Kansas teams. He has been great against Kansas State.

In the bowl game it was a very low scoring contest that they won 10 to 7 Sewo Olonilua had 32 carries and almost 200 yards rushing. WR didn't do much.

I dunno Reagor leads TCU in market share and receptions. I am wondering where the beef is here?

It is my understanding and discussed earlier in the thread that TCU coaching staff has changed since the days of Corey Coleman. I liked Coleman a lot as a prospect but I think Reagor is a better route runner than him with similar speed and athletic ability.

I tend to have a bias against speed only type of WR as well. While I think Reagor can take the top off the defense and threaten corners enough that they will give him cushion, I don't think he is a one trick pony. I think he can do more than that. He reminds me of Percy Harvin although not as good a runner as Harvin. I think Reagor can do damage on crossing routes, quick screens while also threatening deep and having space for hitches and so on.

I have been wrong plenty of times. Corey Coleman for example, although that year it was pretty hard to be right about any of the 1st round WR. They all stunk. The Browns did not help.

FWIW I did not like Agholor at all and JJACWS less. I was on the fence about Matthews. I feel very different about Reagors talent than I do any of those early picks by the Eagles recently. I am kind of bummed out that they got a good one this time.
The Tech game in 2019 was what I was thinking of. He wasn't bad from a yardage perspective but his line was salvaged by a 55 yard TD on a bomb that he double caught (though it was a nice route--I'll give him that). Besides that play he had 2 receptions for 28 yards--the type of disappearing I'm referring to. Purdue 2019 was another one I remembered pretty clearly; and in general, I was speaking more to 2019 than 2018

Corey Coleman played for Baylor for one (you may have known that--just wanted to clarify) and I agree that TCU has become the red headed stepchild of the conference along with Iowa State for sticking to defense+run game while the rest of the conference has gone air raid

I do think Reagor has similar speed and athleticism but one thing from that department that does concern me a bit is stiffness/agility. Of course I docked DK hard for this last year so it can definitely be overcome--but I think it holds more weight for a guy like Reagor than a specimen like DK

The year of Coleman: Josh Doctson (another TCU WR) was my guy. Thought he was the next Mike Evans (oops)

My point on Agholor and Matthews was less about them as prospects and more that they were productive early in their careers and showed some promise before falling off hard

At least you have a response @KChusker and reasoning behind why you don't like him rather than made up arguments.  I can't say I disagree with your take on past WR's like Jeffery or Agholor (loved him coming out, still believe Philly ruined him) but I do disagree with the overall talent you view Reagor with.  No biggie there.  There's some thought put into your viewpoint and I appreciate that which makes me look more closely if I'm being blinded by my own love for a player.  

Looking game by game of 2019 at least, there's a lot of bad stat lines for sure.  The "bad offense/QB" excuse can only be used so much, and honestly ~80% of college football has bad QB play so it's not something purely unique to Reagor.  Having said that I think his situation was especially awful.  Only 2 games last year TCU had over 300 passing yards and only 4 more had over 200 (6 total games over 200 yards).  That's absolutely pathetic.  So in my mind there's a lot of projection that needs to be done with Reagor and he might not be as polished as some might think.  

I look at prospects more from a traits perspective than what they do on the field in terms of stats.  Stats help the overall case for them, but I don't use that as a requirement.  Reagor passes the traits test, the athleticism, dominator rating, breakout age, draft capital, and what I perceive to be a good landing spot so I'm high on him.  It's helped me see some diamonds in the rough, but I think it does cloud my judgement a bit on when they could produce.  I'm not sure about when for Reagor, but I do think the opportunity is there right out the gate. 
I try to consider both traits and production; but to me, Reagor at the moment seems to have an ADP in line with guys who have both (Jefferson, Lamb, Jeudy) rather than the other "projection" types (Mims/Higgins). Maybe it's not the most sound approach but I have a hard time completely tuning out film even though I do acknowledge draft capital and breakout age as the most important factors.

I said he was only behind Lamb and JT among prospects I have watched so I will say this: I give Lamb the benefit of the doubt because he produced but there is a LOT about him that worries me. Most of his getting open is finding the soft spot in zones while his plays against press/man are bullying Big 12 corners without separation but with physicality he might not have the frame to sustain against NFL defenders, so I am not trying to single out Reagor

But as far as Reagor goes: right now I see a lot of inconsistency and a limited route tree that--while it can be improved--suggests a boom bust outlook (not necessarily a one trick pony--just boom bust with a ceiling somewhere near a healthy Will Fuller and a pretty low floor)

Blackbear said:
Just cause I chose to avoid drafting this seemingly injury risk that avoids contact does not mean you or anyone else has to. It is just a preference. I’d rather draft others. There are a lot of promising rookie receivers. 
The point is these message boards are to educate people. Your random thoughts don't create dialog or give anyone a real reason to be concerned. I could go into every thread and say a guy will probably get injured (and since football is violent it would likely be true) but what good would that do? 

Users who are viewing this thread