What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty grabs currently on waivers (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
Not sure if there is a thread for this kinda thing already, if so, please point me in that direction. 

What decent future dynasty assets can be found on waivers these days?  Any younger, possibly injured, guys sitting out there who have bright futures?  Guys sitting behind veterans on the least years of their deals? 

Who you got?

John Ross is coming back off IR for Cincy.  Depending on what A.J. Green does next year, Ross could be valuable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Derrick Henry is a UFA after this season for Tennessee.  Is there any RB on the current roster that might be a dark horse if Henry leaves in free agency?  I know they probably will draft an RB in the end.

I know they probably will draft an RB in the end.
I think this is the biggest problem with December waiver wire dumpster diving this year. The RB/WR class coming in is stacked. If a RB/WR hasn't done anything yet expect them to be replaced sometime in spring. If I'm taking a long shot stash it's on someone like Coutee, Tim Patrick, or Funchess - guys who have at least done something before. 

If some like like Warring hasn't been IR stashed I think that'd be a worthwhile move as this TE class appears like it will pale in comparison to this past one. Maybe Ian Thomas.

Damien Harris 
Has he shown anything at all that gives you any hope?  With how bad Sony has been I am surprised he hasn't at least gotten a game or two to show something but being inactive every week makes me wonder if he just can't get it. 

What gives you hope he will be useful next year?

Has he shown anything at all that gives you any hope?  With how bad Sony has been I am surprised he hasn't at least gotten a game or two to show something but being inactive every week makes me wonder if he just can't get it. 

What gives you hope he will be useful next year?
That’s the thing - he’s an unknown.

Belichick doesn’t always play rookies a lot and IIRC Sony was pressed into action last year due to injuries and never looked back. Then he had a great playoff run and earned the incumbent spot atop the depth chart.

Fast forward a year, and things have changed with Michel’s effectiveness. 

Not saying Harris has done anything, but he seems more versatile than Sony. Perhaps with another strong camp, he can push for the starting gig as I can’t imagine Bill will put up with Sony’s lack of productivity for another year.

The Patriots can get out of the Burkhead contract at season's end.  Harris should definitely be part of the mix next season.  What he does with the opportunity remains to be seen.

Johnson, Olabisi MIN WR has been on my radar with thielan hurt and diggs rumored to be traded.

he doesnt seam special, but if he can find a rythm, the opportunity is there

Justin Jackson got dropped in one of my leagues. I think he's intriguing and he might enter next season as the 1B.

Kelvin Harmon, WR, Wash
I grabbed him 2 weeks ago in every dynasty league for nothing. You could see this was coming. Every week more targets and he's making the most of them. He really does remind me of Anquan Boldin, he's just so big and physical. 

He may not be on the wire but Ian Thomas. When Olsen took that hit (and I think maybe got a concussion) made me think he's got to be done after this year. And Ian looks pretty fluid out there. He's done well with what little targets he's had, caught 4 of 4 this past weekend in fact. 

QB Andrew Luck, Ind.

You may laugh........but there is a chance he "un-retires" for the 2020 season.

And................there is a thread on this subject elsewhere here!

QB Andrew Luck, Ind.

You may laugh........but there is a chance he "un-retires" for the 2020 season.

And................there is a thread on this subject elsewhere here!
Can't imagine he's on any wires, I snatched him up instantly twice when he was dropped and missed him in a 3rd league to another instant snatch.

Here are some names I found scouring my various leagues:

Offense (12-team)

J.D. McKissic (RB - DET):  Seems to be active in the passing game and Kerryon Johnson doesn't scream every-down-back to me.  I may be wrong.  Definitely worth looking at.

James O'Shaughnessy (TE - JAC):  Seemed to jive with Minshew (hovered right around 8ppg) under center, and no real competition at his position.

Darrel Williams (RB - KCC):  Honestly, just looks better than the other Williams and Shady is old.

Byron Pringle (WR - KCC):  Only because of the offense, who's under center, and man he looked great that one game!

Kaden Smith (TE - NYG):  If Evan Engram can't stay healthy, this guy appears to have some rapport with Daniel Jones, who is definitely keeping the QB job for NYG.

Defense (12-team)

James Burgess (LB - NYJ):  There is going to be one open spot up for grabs.  Will it be Blake Cashman?  Burgess has been red-hot, but so was Cashman when he was in there.

Tre Flowers (CB - SEA):  Even in leagues where you don't split up S/CB, he looks like a DB2.  Playing opposite Griffin helps, and it looks like he's a nice playmaker.

Mychal Kendricks (LB - SEA):  Obviously Wagner is elite and Wright is no slouch, but Kendricks still puts up some decent numbers.  Wright's a FA in '21 too.  

Tre Boston (S - CAR):  Eric Reid has been lights-out the 2nd half of the season but Boston has held his own in the same period of time.

Olivier Vernon (or is it Vernon Olivier? DE - CLE):  I'd rather Myles Garrett get back so Vernon gets overlooked a tad.  Either way, I think he improves in '20 and beyond.

Offense (16-team)

McKissic and Smith were available here, too...

Nick Boyle (TE - BAL):  I think he's more of the Mark Andrews insurance than Hayden Hurst is.

Jeremy Sprinkle (TE - WAS):  Anyone think Jordan Reed or Vernon Davis are coming back?  I don't.

Jakeem Grant (WR - MIA):  I think the Fins figure out how to use this guy as more than just a gadget.

Tim Patrick (WR - DEN):  Mentioned earlier in this thread.  Definitely room for him to grow.

Defense (16-team)

Nik Needham (CB - MIA):  Looks like he could be a tackle-rich corner who fills up other spots in the box score too.

Eric Rowe (CB - MIA):  If they move him to safety full-time, he could present some value.  Looks like the switch is happening, and they just signed him to a 3-year deal.

Damontae Kazee (S - ATL):  I own Keanu Neal in multiple leagues and I do not feel comfortable at all about him staying healthy.  There are tackles to be had in the Falcon defensive backfield.

Vontaze Burfict (LB - OAK):  Dude's a knucklehead and didn't look great to start this season, but I'd bet he's on a roster and could climb back into form.

Kelvin Harmon, WR, Wash
It's a good name, but he's gonna be taken in a lot of dynasties.  I suppose it depends on league depth but I drafted and have held him on 4 teams.  He's likely only rostered by true believers like myself and we weren't dropping him after less than 1 year of terrible circumstances.

Some of the guys I am getting in my dynasty leagues (biggest roster is 25 players)  that I think have a chance are:

Alan Lazard, Auden Tate, Jacob Hollister.  These guys are probably gone in bigger leagues, but might be available in smaller ones.  A hurt player that I would grab if somehow nobody has rostered him or placed him on IR is Bryce Love.

Warring is my top deep dynasty stash.

If he can develop enough to become their starting TE, we could be looking at a monster steal in that offense.

Warring is raw due to starting football late, but he's got some Gronk-like qualities.
What about Fells? Seems to have a good thing going with watson

Anyone that needs to consider the Miami backfield needs to note that the Dolphins claimed Zack Zenner earlier today:

Dolphins claimed RB Zach Zenner off waivers from the Cardinals.

The owner of three carries for -2 yards this season, Zenner has an outside shot at immediately slotting in as the Dolphins' lead runner after Kalen Ballage was placed on injured reserve Tuesday. The 'Fins have seemed disinclined to use Patrick Laird and Myles Gaskin. Whoever gets the call will not be a recommended FLEX option in fantasy leagues. This is a backfield to avoid if at all possible.
Rotoworld  - Dec 3, 2019, 4:59 PM ET

I carried Zenner for a few years while he played for the Lions. I believe he has talent, but I don't think I will pick him up - unless I make a trade to free up roster space.

brewer said:
The Patriots can get out of the Burkhead contract at season's end.  Harris should definitely be part of the mix next season.  What he does with the opportunity remains to be seen.
Is he available in leagues?  He got held all year in both of mine.   I would grab him for sure if he was out there.  

JJAW with the Eagles. Eagles would take a massive cap hit for dumping both Jackson and Jeffrey but honestly wouldn't be shocked if Jeffrey is cut or traded. Also Nelson Agholar is an FA at the end of the season so even if both those guys stay he is taking a spot away. Eagles also cut Mac Hollins today as well. If the Eagles don't draft anyone or sign anyone in FA and keep Djac and Alshon Id stash Greg Ward. Looks like he could become a reliable Slot WR and has some return ability. So if your league keeps stats on those things for PTS he's worth a stash

rschroeder1 said:
Derrick Henry is a UFA after this season for Tennessee.  Is there any RB on the current roster that might be a dark horse if Henry leaves in free agency?  I know they probably will draft an RB in the end.
If Henry leaves, Khari Blasingame is a coma-deep sleeper. 

The Titans signed him off the Vikes' PS recently, who were using him mainly as a FB. Blasingame has RB skills, though (as he showed at Vanderbilt), & for lack of a better description, is a poor man's version of Henry.

In short, he's underrated, but a longshot. That said, if Henry stays, it wouldn't shock me if Blasingame is the backup next season. If so, he might make a legit cuff.

I'd second Scott Miller, Emmanuel Butler and even Blasingame (since he's a nice talent). Some others that might be worth a stash (I'm assuming any reasonably highly regarded rookies are still rostered - e.g. Campbell, Harris, Isabella, Butler, Wharring, Sternberger etc):

Dwayne Washington - didn't take his chance with the Lions in his rookie year but has looked good with the Saints whenever he's had an opportunity (a couple of times). He's a FA so could go to a better situation, but realistically I doubt he'd attract much interest, especially with the incoming rookie class. Nice talent though and great athletic profile. 

CJ Prosise - also a FA I believe. This ship has likely sailed, but you never know. At least he has stayed healthy this year and looked decent. Another team might take a shot. 

Damarea Crockett - remember when he had some hype? Not a good sign that no NFL team has bothered to sign him off the practice squad, but he's capable and teams always need RBs so maybe he'll get a shot somewhere.

Jeremy Cox - talented UDFA who the Chargers didn't show much interest in once they signed him. Only for the deepest of leagues, but if he finds his way onto another team, worth paying attention to. 

Dontrell Hilliard/D'Ernest Johnson - not sure what the Browns' plans are for Hunt, but these two have both played well enough that they should get an opportunity elsewhere if there's no room for them. 

Steven Sims Jr - probably my favourite stash. UDFA who already beat the odds to not only make the Redskins active roster from a nothing college program (Kansas) and even get meaningful playing time some weeks. His stats don't look like much, but they're starting to give him a few more looks and the fact that he's been involved in the offense AT ALL this year and had a handful of highlights I think is encouraging, given where he came from. The downside is that he may always be seen as a 'gadget' player (even though I think he can be more), and he still has to really beat the odds to be successful as a UDFA with an underwhelming athletic profile (even though he plays faster than his metrics). The other negative is that Dwayne Haskins is horrible and it's going to be hard for any Redskins pass catchers to have consistent fantasy value with him under centre (and unless they get a more creative coaching staff on board next year, which seems unlikely). Still, I'm a big fan. 

David Moore - I believe he's a FA (restricted) after this season and he's shown enough in limited usage with the Seahawks to draw interest in a more dynamic passing game. 

Javon Wims - I have no idea why this guy doesn't play over Miller and Gabriel (at least Gabriel) because he looks fantastic whenever he's on the field and the Bears passing game is a joke. No indication the Bears will get smarter with him, but he's a real talent and those are the best guys to stash and see what happens. 

John Ursua - I was big on this guy preseason as the Doug Baldwin clone/replacement for Seattle. Pretty surprised he hasn't been really been active and that they haven't given him a chance, given how good he looked in preseason. On the other hand, it's hard to get much opportunity in the Seahawks passing game if you're not Metcalf or Lockett so there isn't a great path to fantasy value here. He's also old for a rookie. Just one to watch due to the talent and the fact that they did trade back into the draft to get him. 

Jazz Ferguson - Probably too much of a longshot, but I was pretty impressed with him in the preseason and if the Seahawks move on from Moore (and Gordon), there might be something here (assuming he's still on their practice squad - I'm not sure).

Mo Alie-Cox - Ebron and Doyle are FAs next year so he might have more opportunity. I used to be higher on him, but the Colts haven't seemed too interested in developing him as a pass-catcher so my enthusiasm has cooled. Possibly worth the last spot on your bench though to see what happens. 

Jordan Thomas - Like Alie-Cox, I've cooled on him a bit. Has some legit receiving talent and quick feet in a massive frame but it looks too crowded in Houston (even without Wharring) for him to emerge as anything more than a bye week dart throw. Still, might have more upside than someone on your roster currently.

Kendrick Bourne was my guy for a while, but I think the secret is out there. I don't know if he'll ever be FF-relevant, but he can play a little bit. If the stars align for him, he can be something like Stevie Johnson was at his peak: a chain-moving possession guy who lacks dynamism or elite talent. He will need a huge target load to be reliable in FF because he's not explosive. Basically, he will need to go to a desperate team that will feed him targets. Probably an unlikely scenario, but they can't seem to get rid of him in SF no matter how many WRs they draft because ultimately he is a pretty decent player.

My leagues are too deep for a guy like Damien Harris to be dropped this quickly, but if he's out there then by all means take a punt.

I've grabbed Warring in some shallow leagues where other people needed the roster spot. High pick on a team that doesn't have a top tier TE.

Ursua is an interesting shout. I always look at 53 man rosters at the start of the year because it's hard to make a team without some level of talent. The fact that the Seahawks are keeping him around despite not having any immediate use for him suggests that they see something there. He's an over-aged guy with a modest ceiling on paper, but I did like his game highlights some.

@EBF mentioning Bourne reminded me, Trent Taylor. He was supposed to be the intermediate guy in that offense but suffered the Jones. Niners have spent a lot of draft capital lately at receiver and are short on picks this year, so add that with Sanders walking and I think he starts next year. 

GB TE Jace Sternberger

Jimmy Graham will probably be gone next season and there's nothing substantial between him and playing time/targets from Rodgers.

That's absurd. He must have very short benches
And no taxi squad.  Or any reason to have drafted Jjaw in the first place because we all knew he wasn't going to be making any starts until the very end of the season if at all.

And no taxi squad.  Or any reason to have drafted Jjaw in the first place because we all knew he wasn't going to be making any starts until the very end of the season if at all.
Thats my guess right there. Everyone knew he wasn't a MUST DRAFT guy for this year. He's more of a guy late late this year or a next year guy. No need to waste a pick on a guy who won't do anything in the first few months of the season. I played 4 yrs of a dynasty league before it folded. My draft choices were mostly guys I knew could either contribute right away or a handcuff to someone known for an injury history. Guy like JJAW I would've taken either Late in the draft or had him Taxi Squad. 

My concern with JJAW is that he showed absolutely nothing despite DJax, Jeffrey, Agholor all being injured for stretches. 

Granted, it's hard to have high expectations for most rookie WRs and the light can certainly come on in year 2, but I would have liked to have seen him build something off his promising pre-season.

I'm tanking this season (have accumulated 4 2020 firsts) and have a bench full of these guys right now.

Some of my favorites:

Jalen Hurd - high-ish pick, new to the position, excellent athlete, good offense. I'm interested.

Hakeem Butler - Fell in the draft but great production in college and interesting measurables, huge team need at WR. 

Drew Lock - Big arm and decent nucleus for an offense in place with their RBs and Fant/Sutton. Finding a WR2 shouldn't be an issue. Decent dart throw imo.

Not sure if he is or isn't. A buddy of mine in 2 of them said he was available so he snatched him up
I'm in a 12 team SF league that tends to give up on young guys. Last year I picked up RoJo and D. Parker off of waivers, unfortunately had to dump Parker early this year for other position injury concerns before he started going off. This year Isabella was dropped week 1 and I have had him off and on my roster 3 times without anyone grabbing him, I'm keeping him through next year now. 

Users who are viewing this thread