What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Im starting ______ over Mahomes in round1 of the playoffa (1 Viewer)

bicycle_seat_sniffer

Smells like chicken
mahomes was pretty terrible vs the chargers and the raiders....this week on the road vs. new england he is on my bench.....

playing kirk cousins over him.

what say you?

lol....I always find these threads interesting....kind of like going to a support group where somebody is trying to round up some others to make them feel better about a potentially bad decision they are getting ready to make....

Mahomes lost Hill in the first series against LAC....W

Played in 30 MPH winds with gust up to 40 against the Raiders and it was just one of those game trends where the Chiefs run 3 in....one by Mahomes....all of those could have been passing TD's in addition to the one he threw....that probably would have changed the narrative a little if 2 of those were also passing TD's....W

Watson just put up 240-3 against the Pats.....Pats offense struggling and Chiefs D playing better.....NE D is still tough.....but....

ride or die....

Last edited by a moderator:
Mahomes has been putting up downright pedestrian numbers outside of the Titans game since Week 3.

That said, elite fantasy QBs like Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson have demonstrated a capability to light up the Pats defense over the past month and I suspect their perceived strength is largely due to their easy schedule moreso than their capability to shut down opposing QBs.  And I say that as someone who made an active effort to deal Mahomes prior to the trade deadline to bolster my roster with some depth.  (I wound up getting Josh Allen... whom I am electing to bench this week against the Ravens.)

I don't own Mahomes any more but I'd be hard-pressed not to run him out there this weekend unless I had someone truly elite with a dream matchup as an alternative.

lol....I always find these threads interesting....kind of like going to a support group where somebody is trying to round up some others to make them feel better about a potentially bad decision they are getting ready to make....

Played in 30 MPH winds with gust up to 40 against the Raiders and it was just one of those game trends where the Chiefs run 3 in....one by Mahomes....all of those could have been passing TD's in addition to the one he threw....that probably would have changed the narrative a little if 2 of those were also passing TD's....W

Watson just put up 240-3 against the Pats.....Pats offense struggling and Chiefs D playing better.....NE D is still tough.....but....

ride or die....
watson was at home in climate control dome.....

mahones has been under 200 passing for two straight games....no matter the reasons...

he is not an auotplay if you have other options....i know he is your boy...

from twitter just now

Not including the Denver game, Patrick Mahomes has finished under 20 fantasy points in 5/9 games this season In 2018, he only had 3/16 games under 20 fantasy points, one of which was week 17

Watched every second of every game....(not that it matters)

Against the Chargers....not counting Mahomes....KC only had 71 yards rushing.

Against the Raiders.....not counting the Darwin Thompson "show" on the last drive where they were trying to run out the clock and weren't going to pass no matter what....(they really seemed to want to punt).....but DT kept gashing the Raiders who had given up by then....KC only had 52 yards rushing 

KC just really can't run the ball at all right now......they get stuffed on nearly every play that matters...

I think they come out guns blazin....foot on the gas....and Mahomes chucks it all over the field to his full compliment of healthy receivers....the receivers are the healthiest unit they have right now....if Andy is going to go down, he is going down swinging....

sit Mahomes at your own risk...... :banned: :boxing: :headbang: :coffee:

Have a bye but you'd never catch me  benching Mahomes. That's the whole reason I bought him in dynasty--young set and forget stud.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
mahomes was pretty terrible vs the chargers and the raiders....this week on the road vs. new england he is on my bench.....

playing kirk cousins over him.

what say you?
Guy in our league lost the bye to me by 1 point. Started Kyle Allen instead of his stud D Watson. 6 points between those 2. Sure he’s kicking himself. 

Search your feelings, Luke. The answer is there: 

* If you bench Mahomes and you lose, and he would have won you the game...how will you feel?

* If you start Mahomes and you lose, but the other QB would have won you the game...how will you feel?

Whichever one feels less stupid, go with that. 

I am playing either Tannehill or Fitzmagic this week.  But I don't have Mahomes so that probably doesn't count :lol: ;)  

ride or die....
Die again 

Users who are viewing this thread