What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brees or Tannenhill (1 Viewer)

stlrams

Footballguy
Brees at home vs SF  - SF #2 ranked Def vs pass.  Only running/mobile QBs have fare well this season.  But Brees at home and will throw a ton of passes so opportunity.  

Tannenhill on the road vs Oak - Raiders have the 29th rank pass def and have been torch the last 2 games.  However Tenn tends to rely on run game so Tanny more of a game manager.

I am not sure you can call Tannehill a game manager at this point. Since he has taken over in week 7, he has scored over 20 points a game, except last week where he scored 17.5 (my league give 6 points per TD vs the normal 4). His numbers are solid. 

When you look at the fact that Brees is facing the number 2 defense and Tannehill is facing the number 30 defense, I don't think you would be crazy to start Tannehill. 

Brees will have volume, he always does. 

I guess what I am saying is, both seem like good plays based on season performance. Tannehill has a far better matchup though. 

I'd go Brees, but its close. Didn't expect to be saying that a month ago, let alone before the season started. 

Users who are viewing this thread