What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Season on the line: Start Slayton, Miller, Laird or M. Brown? (1 Viewer)

Pick your horse:

• Slatyon

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Miller

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Laird

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M. Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
.5 PPR and somehow snuck into the playoffs.

With Thielen looking to be down again this week, I'll need to start 1 of Slayton, Miller, Laird or Marquise Brown.  Here are my general thoughts:

Slayton: Was ready to start him (averaged 10 targets and 23 points in his last three games) but with Jones (most almost definitely) down on Monday, I have little faith in Eli jibing with Slayon especially with the deep ball where he excels.
Miller: Very strong run as of late and have averaged about the same as Slayton has in targets and points over the last three starts but I generally fade Thursday offensive players so I'm expecting him to underperform his recent scoring outbursts.  Not that it particularly matters, but I'm already starting Robinson and I get a bit twitchy tying so much of my fantasy playoff hopes to Trubisky.
Laird: New starter and gets some points in the passing game too.  About 20 points in a short game last week with terrible rushing stats. Not very excited about his first start vs the Jets.
M. Brown: He has been so boom or bust since coming back from injury and he doesn't have a great matchup at Buffalo.

Would love a vote and to hear your thoughts.  As always, will help with your question if you leave a link.  👊

In my opinion you should start Laird if you estimate your win % to be high with a high floor at the position. If you believe you need a high-ceiling performance at the position to win, go with Hollywood. I couldn't trust either Slayton or Miller given the circumstances you noted in your post.

I'd go Miller. He's been trending up a ton the last few weeks. I wouldn't worry about starting him and Robinson, they've co-existed pretty well the last few weeks.

I'd love to go Slayton, but it looks like both Tate and Engram will be back this week, and Slayton has very little time with Eli, so that feels too risky. 

Laird feels like fool's gold to me. 

Hollywood is too all or nothing to go over Miller for me, but he does have the highest ceiling. 

Users who are viewing this thread