What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop T. Coleman for P. Laird? (1 Viewer)

Drop T. Coleman for P. Laird?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyoun1e

Footballguy
12 team PPR league where I can start two flex positions. I have a bye week so looking at week 15 and 16 matchups.

T.Coleman's arrow is clearly pointing down. Lackluster performance, Breida now back, and Mostert production increasing. The week 15 matchup vs ATL looks good, but not sure I could start him even in the 2nd flex position unless one of Breida or Mostert goes down. Week 16 matchup is worse vs. LAR.

Meanwhile, I see P. Laird available. Ballage gone to IR, Gaskins only getting a couple touches, and the Miami offense is actually cruising. Miami also has a sweet week 15 and 16 schedule @NYG and vs CINCI respectively. I could easily see Laird getting more touch volume than Coleman.

Drop Coleman for Laird or Keep him?

Thanks

I dropped Coleman. I just can't do it, it's a committee and Coleman is probably the least featured since his huge game. Laird is more guaranteed volume, which is always a positive at the RB position. Even if it is unlikely to efficient volume. 

In a redraft, yes.

I just don't see Coleman has either the floor or upside to warrant him over Laird for the next few weeks.  Perhaps there is someone else on your roster worth dropping but if that is the choice, I'd grab Laird.

Please chime in on my starting question. Thanks! 👊

In a redraft, yes.

I just don't see Coleman has either the floor or upside to warrant him over Laird for the next few weeks.  Perhaps there is someone else on your roster worth dropping but if that is the choice, I'd grab Laird.

Please chime in on my starting question. Thanks! 👊
Well, I don't think so. I'm trying to optimize for weeks 15 and 16 since I have a bye and here's my options with schedules:

* S. Barkley (MIA, @WASH) -- Check.

* A. Ekeler (MN, OAK) -- Probably starting

* K. Drake (CLE, @SEA) -- Probably starting

Now the maybes:

* D. Guice (PHI, NYG) -- Guice could emerge here if AP starts being put out to pasture.

* L. McCoy (DEN, @CHI) -- Darrell now on IR. Damien still out. Like having a piece of this KC offense down the stretch.

* D. Thompson (DEN, @CHI) -- Ditto.

* A. Mattison (@LAC, GB) -- Potential lottery ticket if Cook is down.

* T. Coleman (ATL, LAR) -- Maybe a starter vs ATL, but their run D actually has held Kamara down twice.

Well, I don't think so. I'm trying to optimize for weeks 15 and 16 since I have a bye and here's my options with schedules:

* S. Barkley (MIA, @WASH) -- Check.

* A. Ekeler (MN, OAK) -- Probably starting

* K. Drake (CLE, @SEA) -- Probably starting

Now the maybes:

* D. Guice (PHI, NYG) -- Guice could emerge here if AP starts being put out to pasture.

* L. McCoy (DEN, @CHI) -- Darrell now on IR. Damien still out. Like having a piece of this KC offense down the stretch.

* D. Thompson (DEN, @CHI) -- Ditto.

* A. Mattison (@LAC, GB) -- Potential lottery ticket if Cook is down.

* T. Coleman (ATL, LAR) -- Maybe a starter vs ATL, but their run D actually has held Kamara down twice.
You "don't think so" what?  :confused:

You asked perhaps there is someone else you could drop for Laird. That's the list. Finding it hard to drop anyone else on that list except for Coleman.
Gotcha.

Yeah.  Of that list I'm dropping Coleman unless there is anyone worth dropping another position for Laird.

Users who are viewing this thread