What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 14* (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Sorry for the late thread gang.............. but better late than never.

I had a few things to attend to yesterday and didn't drop this early when I possibly could have. I do not see another thread, but if there is, this can be merged or deleted.

In one league yesterday (I had a bye) I lost both MIKE EVANS and DEVANTE PARKER.  Evans looked like it may well be multi week (but who really knows with hamstrings) and Parker looked woozy and that often leads to multi week absences before they can get cleared.

Its not just me, but I am guessing several are going to be scrounging in the playoffs for WRs.

But, even though he had a brutal game yesterday, MIKE GESICKI  (at TE) should be due for an obvious uptick if Parker misses time. He is currently only 30% owned on Yahoo.

For those of us scraping the bottom of the barrel at WR, and elsewhere, who all you guys got??????

TZM

AJ Brown owned only in 25% Yahoo leagues.  Most likely on your waiver vs Hou week 15 and possible shootout vs NO week 16.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Chris Thompson is a better-than-desperation add if you need to plug a hole at RB.
I just watched the game this morning and I doubt it. He got Haskins sacked on at least 2 occasions, completely missed blocking his guy. Plus he had 1 or 2 fumbles. If the Skins coaches actually watch film, I can't imagine him having more touches next week. He was truly AWFUL yesterday. 

TZMarkie said:
But, even though he had a brutal game yesterday, MIKE GESICKI  (at TE) should be due for an obvious uptick if Parker misses time. He is currently only 30% owned on Yahoo.

For those of us scraping the bottom of the barrel at WR, and elsewhere, who all you guys got?????
Okay at WR, but since my TEs are Andrews and MacDonald, I am looking at Gesicki or Fells.

Not sure Gage replaces Ridley. Ridley mostly on the perimeter I believe and could swear there's Christian Blake(?) that took up snaps when Julio was out. Gage should stick in the slot.

Oh. And ATL faces SF.
gage has produced lately......i expect atl to fall behind sf and Sherman might be out

gage has produced lately......i expect atl to fall behind sf and Sherman might be out
Well, didn't do to much yesterday. Don't think it's a coincidence either with Hooper and Julio back.

I have to go check the snaps when Julio was out. Somebody I had never heard of out snapped and at least equally produced what Gage did I believe.

Well, didn't do to much yesterday. Don't think it's a coincidence either with Hooper and Julio back.

I have to go check the snaps when Julio was out. Somebody I had never heard of out snapped and at least equally produced what Gage did I believe.
dont pick him up then....shrug.....the wire is bare

Breshad Perriman WR Bucs

Justin Watson WR Bucs

Any Bucs homers know which one is more valuable moving forward?
Not a homer but  Breshad Perriman could be a solid plug in for the next couple weeks if Evans is indeed out. The new #2 against weak pass defenses.

Not loving much on the wire. Breshad Perriman inspires no confidence. The other guys have no trend line other than one game.  

I'm in the semi-finals of a free 1.0 PPR league with Ridley and Fuller V as my main receivers down in this 3WR league, so any help about volume from actual catches might be more important than yardage. Looking to see...

I still think the guy from Cincinnati, Alex Erickson, just saw these target numbers in games Dalton has played before and after his benching: 6,14,7, x,x,x, (Dalton benched) 4 (return from benching), 7,,,

Dunno. Maybe this doesn't look like too bad if really desperate.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Anthony Miller? >10 pts. the last four weeks  and >10 targets two of those. Or Johns Ross if he was just being eased in last week.

What about Anthony Miller? >10 pts. the last four weeks  and >10 targets two of those. Or Johns Ross if he was just being eased in last week.
I doubt he's on the waiver wire, even in redraft at this point.  Unless of course it's a 10 team league.

I doubt he's on the waiver wire, even in redraft at this point.  Unless of course it's a 10 team league.
Anthony Miller is off in two redraft leagues I'm in and one league has the guy who started the thread about picking him up before the Detroit game, so there's that. 

Every league has its own decisions and needs.  

Desperate as hell right now. #1 seed with a very thin bench in a 3 WR league. I just lost Evans and Chark. I need at least 2 WR waiver adds to start :(

Not a homer but  Breshad Perriman could be a solid plug in for the next couple weeks if Evans is indeed out. The new #2 against weak pass defenses.
I can't figure out who is the play there: Perriman, Watson, Howard? Also the Winston injury adds another scary dimension.

Desperate as hell right now. #1 seed with a very thin bench in a 3 WR league. I just lost Evans and Chark. I need at least 2 WR waiver adds to start :(
Feel like there are some decent options on most wires as pointed out in this thread.   

Looking like after Alshon was hurt again, and Arcega-Whiteside having a similar fate in OT tonight, if someone is truly desperate, then GREG WARD for Philly might be a true HAIL MARY play.   On that note, if Agholor can can get healthy, he may be a "pinch your nose" play this coming week in the semis.........

Some of us are really copping it at WR right about now.

TZM

I just watched the game this morning and I doubt it. He got Haskins sacked on at least 2 occasions, completely missed blocking his guy. Plus he had 1 or 2 fumbles. If the Skins coaches actually watch film, I can't imagine him having more touches next week. He was truly AWFUL yesterday. 
Surprising as Thompson is usually solid in pass pro, and is out on 3rd downs a lot. I imagined Smallwood was going to get some carries with Guice out, but with this news, he may get more of CT's carries.

I still think Thompson has value in PPR leagues -- this game, if he truly was that horrid, is more of an outleir than indicative of his value and level of play up to that point.

Wonder if Gesicki or Hollister makes for the better ROS play at TE

Not sure when Jordan Howard is slated to return, but Boston Scott looked solid in relief tonight.

I can't figure out who is the play there: Perriman, Watson, Howard? Also the Winston injury adds another scary dimension.
Starting both Perriman and Watson wouldn't be the worst strategy especially if the rest of your team is superior to your opponents.  High floor/low ceiling combo.

Watson and Perriman. I already have Miller and Washington. I may go Snead since I have Lamar and could gamble that route.
I can tell you that I watched a lot of Tampa because of Godwin and Land of Confusion and that Perriman had had, up until the past two weeks, the biggest feel of a waste of space and targets ever. Watson was non-existent. He had had two targets all year until last week's game, which I didn't watch. 

So if Perriman was beating him out for playing time and there were only two targets beforehand, dang, that's a risk. Good luck. My W/R/T hope list for the FBG-tinged league I'm in the semis in looks like this on the wire, in my rank order. It's full PPR and that just seems to multiply immeasurably with targets, so it might not look totally right, but target-centric: 

D. Washington, A. Miller, T. Higbee, D. Amendola, Perriman, A. Erickson, J. Watson, K. Stills, J. Ross III, J. Richard, etc. Probably a similar list to yours. I had also thought about Snead, but he seems pure TD or bust. Who knows. The Jets are missing three out of five out of their secondary, including Jamal Adams. Miami attempted eight field goals on them. They were in the red zone all game.  

As for the rest, they're probably pretty self-explanatory. There are others, but it's all really a coin flip. I need to fade Erickson and Ross III because of NE, but I'm thinking garbage time for Erickson and maybe a deep one to Ross III w/Gilmore shadowing Boyd.  

Dude, hope you survive the injuries in your leeg. 

Njoku has Arizona this week but I'm scared after that 1.2 he put up Sunday. Going all in on either AJ or Manny Sanders because I'd rather play one of them over Lockett or Kupp and maybe Julio. What a hobby.

Week 2 of the playoffs... and anyone who somehow escaped without any of your players getting injured must have a horseshoe up the a$$! Personally, I made it to the semifinals, but lost: Evans, Chark, J. Cook, and possibly Mark Andrews....and Kamara looks to be an afterthought in the NO offense as well... Anyway, here's my lists for this week:

QB's:

• Tannehill - same as previous weeks; Been hot, should be a solid QB1 this week again
  • Mitch Trubisky - still don't have a lot of faith in him, but he's looked better and is scoring TD's
  • Daniel Jones  Eli Manning ??? - Can't believe I'm saying this, but with MIA & WAS on the schedule, you could do worse
  • Fitzpatrick - No Parker, but has still been putting up solid numbers; gets NYG & CIN next too
  • Drew Lock - not sold, but keeps proving me and everyone else wrong by throwing TD's

RB's:

• Raheem Mostert - Should NOT be available, but is somehow he is, empty the bank!!
  • DeAndre Washington - now looks to be the lead back in OAK. Don't think they're making the playoffs and I can't see them taking a chance that their 1st rd RB gets injured long-term
  • Jalen Richard - not really recommending him much, but could at least get you a few points in PPR
  • Dion Lewis - While I hope it's not bad, Henry looks to be nursing a hammy. If he goes down, Lewis looks like a very good play
  • Gus Edwards - similar to previous weeks - clear handcuff + has standalone value week to week
  • Bo Scarbrough - likely added already, but on the chance he's still available, he's getting the bulk of the load and even though it's DET, he's still a starting RB
  • Patrick Laird - probably picked up last week... and really only looks to be viable in ppr, but still worth the add
  • Chris Thompson - pure PPR guy and I'm still not that high on him
  • Royce Freeman - if dropped, could be an ok Flex
  • CJ Prosise - Penny gone, if Carson goes down/ fumbles, Prosise could be worth adding
  • Boston Scott?? - i have no idea what's going on with the RB/WR personnel Philly
The Premium Handcuffs (& somewhat keeper RB's to target):

• A. Mattison - If not owned already, pick up. Cook made it through this week, but not sure bout the next 2 weeks...
  • Armstead - (repeat from previous weeks - still true) Fournette has been absolutely awesome this year. along with Cook could be the RB steals of the draft. Still, I'd worry about his health and Armstead has shown he can at least be trusted
  • Pollard  - still one of the top Handcuffs IMO. DAL entire offense looked bad vs. NE & BUF & while the ROS doesn't exactly look like a cakewalk, i'd still take a chance on him
  • Wayne Gallman - on the list, but if Barkley can't get it done in NY, not sure how confident i'd be with Gallman

WR's (edited):

• AJ Brown - I honestly thought he was owned in more leagues, but looks like just 27% in Yahoo.... dude looks Great and can not only be added, but likely started. Would be my top WR add this week.
  • Anthony Miller/ Robby Anderson - likely added last week, but if not they'd be my #2/3 adds at WR
  • Darius Slaton - Likely owned too, but he looked GOOD last night and should definitely be added
  • Dionte Johnson / James Washington - tough to figure out which of the 2 will be the better play week to week, but if you can choose correctly, there's a lot of upside; even with JuJu expected back this week
  • Allen Lazard - behind Adams, Lazard looks to be Rodgers fav target.... no matter how good/ bad GB is, that means he's worth adding
  • Cole Beasley - high floor in PPR & looks to be getting a ton of targets in general, so could even have value in non-ppr leagues
  • Dede Westbrook/ Chris Conley - Chark out = someone has to catch passes, right??
  • Zach Pascal - continues to produce at a consistent level. I don't think he has a huge ceiling, but has a decent floor
  • Breshad Perriman  - Evans done for the year; has already been getting snaps. Not the Mike Evans "fill-in", but should get more targets
  • Justin Watson - could get a shot now and is a Big/Fast body - basically a Poor-Mans Mike Evans... unproven though
  • John Ross/ Mecole Hardman - both in the same mold - can catch 1-2 long bombs and get your WR1 numbers... or get you a goosegg
  • Allen Hurns/ Isaiah Ford - both Parker & Wilson have concussions; If 1/ both can't go Ford could be in line for a big uptick in snaps
  • Greg Ward/ Whiteside - someone needs to catch a ball in Philly, right???
  • Russell Gage - Ridley = out. Julio = still not 100%.... 
  • McLaurin - can't trust any WAS WR, but with all the injuries to the WR spot, you might be desperate and if was previously dropped might be worth adding
  • Willie Snead - once Andrews went down, Snead started getting looks... even with Andrews out, I still don't trust him, but with all the WR injuries he might be a necessity

TE's:

• Noah Fant - foot should be "ok" - and with all the injuries, could be a great start 
  • Tyler Higbee - should already be owned, but if not, needs to be. He's looked great
  • Ian Thomas - Olsen is done (IMO). Thomas has looked good
  • Jack Doyle  - thought he had a prime matchup this past week, but didn't do anything... still worth adding
  • Njoku - Activated. Didn't do anything. But has ARI this week
  • Haden Hurst/ Nick Boyle - hopefully Andrews plays and you don't need to worry here, but if out, and desperate...

Defense:

• KC - Den this week... was much higher on them prior to seeing DEN wallop HOU, but it's still a rookie QB
  • NO - gets IND this week
  • OAK - Jax sans Chark

My drops for the week in order to make room for the above:

RB's

• David Johnson - Been saying it for weeks, let him be a roster-suck on someone else's team. I just don't see it happening for him this year
  • Tevin Coleman - Mostert looks to be the RB1 In SF now
  • Jonathan Williams/ Hines/ Wilkins - no RB not named Mack can be safely dropped now
  • Derrius Guice - He needs to talk to his knees and give them a pep talk b/c they're failing him 
  • Chase Edmonds - relegated to 3rd string on a bad team
  • Rashaad Penny - torn ACL
  • Benny Snell/ Jaylen Samuels - Conner expected back
  • Josh Jacobs - more likely a hold, but could be shut down... 
  • Sony Michel - hold at your own risk. Even though he saw the field, he scored as much as Josh Jacobs did last week...
WR's

• Mike Evans & Calvin Ridley - out ROS, no reason to hold in redraft leagues  :cry:
  • Alshon Jefferey - Looks like he'll be out the ROS, or at least the rest of FF season
  • TY Hilton - still not healthy - it's playoffs - I need healthy bodies and he's a guy i'd part with if I needed the space
  • Tyrell Williams - hasn't done anything in good matchups in recent weeks, can safely be dropped
  • Sammy Watkins - still on this list.
  • Will Fuller - hurt again, will he even play the next 2 weeks??
  • Brandon Cooks - he's back health-wise, but isn't doing anything
  • Corey Davis - he's still on your roster??
TE's

• Greg Olsen (maybe) - took a helmet to helmet hit; who knows when/if he'll come back...even if he does, how confident will you be in him?
QB's

• Aaron Rodgers - last week was the final matchup I could somewhat trust him... he failed miserably 
  • Sam Darnold - not worth holding in anything but 2QB leagues
  • Josh Allen - has been great in past weeks and generally has a high floor, but was bottled up this past week and has PIT this week. I think other Streaming QB options are better than he is right now
DST's

• PHI - basically burned you twice in 2 good matchups
  • *** any backup Kicker, QB, DST you have on your team. Should go without saying, but at this time of year with the bye's done, there's no reason to roster a backup K, QB, DST

should go without saying... but i'm saying it anyway; I'm 100% confident there's both "adds" & "drops" that I've overlooked. And to top things off, we have 2 weeks left, so it's basically a crap shoot. 

Good luck all

Andrews has a thigh bruise. Vance McDonald has a concussion. 
sorry, you are correct. Multitasking making me confuse injuries as I also have Cook (concussion), Parker (concussion), etc... 

In any case, you are right... still not 100% confident he'll play/ be effective. 

Agree. I've got the Andrews/McDonald combo, but on a 2nd pass through the wire, I saw Doyle is available, so trying for him and might play over Andrews.

WR's:

• Anthony Miller/ Robby Anderson - likely added last week, but if not they'd be my #1 adds at WR
  • Darius Slaton - Likely owned too, but he looked GOOD last night and should definitely be added
  • AJ Brown - I honestly thought he was owned in more leagues, but looks like just 27% in Yahoo.... dude looks Great and can not only be added, but likely started
  • Dionte Johnson / James Washington - tough to figure out which of the 2 will be the better play week to week, but if you can choose correctly, there's a lot of upside; even with JuJu expected back this week
  • Allen Lazard - behind Adams, Lazard looks to be Rodgers fav target.... no matter how good/ bad GB is, that means he's worth adding
  • Cole Beasley - high floor in PPR & looks to be getting a ton of targets in general, so could even have value in non-ppr leagues
  • Dede Westbrook/ Chris Conley - Chark out = someone has to catch passes, right??
  • Zach Pascal - continues to produce at a consistent level. I don't think he has a huge ceiling, but has a decent floor
  • Breshad Perriman  - Evans done for the year; has already been getting snaps. Not the Mike Evans "fill-in", but should get more targets
  • Justin Watson - could get a shot now and is a Big/Fast body - basically a Poor-Mans Mike Evans... unproven though
  • John Ross/ Mecole Hardman - both in the same mold - can catch 1-2 long bombs and get your WR1 numbers... or get you a goosegg
  • Allen Hurns/ Isaiah Ford - both Parker & Wilson have concussions; If 1/ both can't go Ford could be in line for a big uptick in snaps
  • Greg Ward/ Whiteside - someone needs to catch a ball in Philly, right???
  • Russell Gage - Ridley = out. Julio = still not 100%.... 
  • McLaurin - can't trust any WAS WR, but with all the injuries to the WR spot, you might be desperate and if was previously dropped might be worth adding
  • Willie Snead - once Andrews went down, Snead started getting looks... even with Andrews out, I still don't trust him, but with all the WR injuries he might be a necessity
is this in rank order?  Was going to list most of your top half and ask for opinions.

though Pascal's floor is ZERO, as I learned prior to dropping him...

I lost Ridley and likely chark for this week.. I think i'm gonna focus on Watson and a philadelphia Wr(likely ward, JJ might be hurt too)

is this in rank order?  Was going to list most of your top half and ask for opinions.

though Pascal's floor is ZERO, as I learned prior to dropping him...
Sort of; I listed Miller and Anderson 1st as I assumed they'd be owned already. That said, with the matchups this week and how he's been playing, I'd likely list AJ Brown as my top WR priority (went back to edit my post as I started typing before i added Brown as I assumed he was owned in much higher % of leagues). 

And, while I agree on Pascal's floor being 0; in the last couple weeks, he's seen 10, 9 targets... I'd feel pretty confident in a decent floor for him moving forward. Not to say he couldn't score a 0 again, but with all the other WR injuries, i'd happily plug him into my WR2/3 spot. 

Users who are viewing this thread