What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 14* (1 Viewer)

Watson over Perriman in TB?   I thought Perriman would be the Evans fill in.  
In my personal opinion:

• Perriman = most likely to get regular snaps as he's been the #3 on the team (for the most part) previously
  • Watson = most likely to act as that big body that Evans was (is 6'3 and from what i've heard/ read/ seen is pretty fast as well)

So, for me, I'd also prefer the potential upside in Watson. 

Sort of; I listed Miller and Anderson 1st as I assumed they'd be owned already. That said, with the matchups this week and how he's been playing, I'd likely list AJ Brown as my top WR priority (went back to edit my post as I started typing before i added Brown as I assumed he was owned in much higher % of leagues). 

And, while I agree on Pascal's floor being 0; in the last couple weeks, he's seen 10, 9 targets... I'd feel pretty confident in a decent floor for him moving forward. Not to say he couldn't score a 0 again, but with all the other WR injuries, i'd happily plug him into my WR2/3 spot. 
yeah, you're not really wrong on pascal, i'm just salty about that week...

Lots of good recommendations in here.

Here’s the bottom line on waiver wire pickups at this point: if you’ve reached the point where you have to pickup someone from the waiver wire to start in your playoff game, something has gone awfully wrong for you. Either someone you have counted on all year has fallen off a cliff (Lockett) or you have fallen victim to a rash of injuries. Personally, over half of my starters will be guys I’ve picked up from the waiver wire over the last 3 weeks thanks to a truckload of injuries and some brutal matchups for my guys. It is what it is.

FF is a gamble from week to week anyway, but at this point there really are no givens on the waiver wire. If you’re looking like the underdog heading into this week, grab the guy with the most upside whether it’s due to talent/opportunity/opponent and you roll the dice. If you’re looking like the favorite, grab the guy that looks like he has the best floor and roll the dice. 

Some of us are going to roll the dice and come up winners. Some are going to roll the dice and bust out. At this point, go with your gut, roll the dice and then what happens happens. Don’t sweat your decision though. You can only make the best decision you can make with the info you have at the time. From there it’s out of your hands.

Good luck to you all and may your dice rolls roll true.

Here’s the bottom line on waiver wire pickups at this point: if you’ve reached the point where you have to pickup someone from the waiver wire to start in your playoff game, something has gone awfully wrong for you.
Yup. I feel like I'm waiting on a hand to be dealt -- because of waiver order -- and just wondering what I can do with the cards. I think no stress, no mess is the only option in my case. 

Too slow of a start with a bunch of guys and then too many injuries at the end wherein I was actually thin but willing to risk that. 

Oh well. 

Perriman's the 3rd wideout and my guess to replace Evans. 

Watson struggled in camp and was almost cut. He couldn't beat out Bobo Wilson or Scotty Miller earlier in the year. Oh, you don't recognize those names? That tells you all you need to know. Both were bad.

There's always some risk when a player comes out of nowhere and gets that level of targets. It is entirely possible Watson takes Evans role and they leave Perriman at his #3 spot. 

But I would be scared of that because Watson did nothing all training camp and season to this point. He's had 2 targets!!! until yesterday. 

So, if it was me I'd target Perriman, knowing the risk that Watson may be scheduled for the #2 role. 

Can also add Marvin Jones to the "Drop" list as he was just placed on IR...I guess that gives Amendola a slight bump (I know not the same type of receiver, but the targets have to go somewhere besides ALL to Golliday, right??)

Can also add Marvin Jones to the "Drop" list as he was just placed on IR...I guess that gives Amendola a slight bump (I know not the same type of receiver, but the targets have to go somewhere besides ALL to Golliday, right??)
Yeah Schefter just reported. And Hockenson is gone as well.

Amendola should see an increase in targets. I have no idea who takes Jones spot on the perimeter.

May increase my waiver priority for Amendola. The matchup is there vs DET indoors and Blough is not a complete bum.

Lots of good recommendations in here.

Here’s the bottom line on waiver wire pickups at this point: if you’ve reached the point where you have to pickup someone from the waiver wire to start in your playoff game, something has gone awfully wrong for you. Either someone you have counted on all year has fallen off a cliff (Lockett) or you have fallen victim to a rash of injuries. Personally, over half of my starters will be guys I’ve picked up from the waiver wire over the last 3 weeks thanks to a truckload of injuries and some brutal matchups for my guys. It is what it is.

FF is a gamble from week to week anyway, but at this point there really are no givens on the waiver wire. If you’re looking like the underdog heading into this week, grab the guy with the most upside whether it’s due to talent/opportunity/opponent and you roll the dice. If you’re looking like the favorite, grab the guy that looks like he has the best floor and roll the dice. 

Some of us are going to roll the dice and come up winners. Some are going to roll the dice and bust out. At this point, go with your gut, roll the dice and then what happens happens. Don’t sweat your decision though. You can only make the best decision you can make with the info you have at the time. From there it’s out of your hands.

Good luck to you all and may your dice rolls roll true.
Josh Allen (vs. PIT and NE, no way kemosabe) is my QB, M Jones (IR), Parker (concussion), AJG (finally gave up right before week 13) are/were my WR2 options, Cook is my TE (another concussion)...so yes, the waiver wire will need to be my savior this week.

Breshad Perriman, WR - played 83% of the snaps and is most likely to play the Y as Godwin will move to the X.

Boston Scott, RB - Unless Iggles sign a few WRs you figure he may get lined up in the slot a bit, also Iggles ran multiple 2 RB sets. Contingent on Jordan Howard missing next game.

Ian Thomas, TE - Anytime a TE gets 10 targets and the team doesn't run many 2 TE sets, you nab him.

EDIT: I should note that Tampa Bay's last 2 games are @Det and Hou, both are projected to be somewhat high-scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Thomas, TE - Anytime a TE gets 10 targets and the team doesn't run many 2 TE sets, you nab him.
Thomas was the 6th highest scoring fantasy tight end last year over the last 5 weeks of the season with Olsen out.  He has Seattle this week who have given up the 2nd most fantasy points to opposing tight ends and the Colts in Week 16 who have given up the 12th most fantasy points to tight ends.  Thomas has a chance to be the highest scoring fantasy tight end over the next 2 weeks if Olsen is out.

Thomas was the 6th highest scoring fantasy tight end last year over the last 5 weeks of the season with Olsen out.  He has Seattle this week who have given up the 2nd most fantasy points to opposing tight ends and the Colts in Week 16 who have given up the 12th most fantasy points to tight ends.  Thomas has a chance to be the highest scoring fantasy tight end over the next 2 weeks if Olsen is out.
Forgot to link this

Adam Levitan‏ Verified account @adamlevitan

No surprise with Ian Thomas usage yesterday:

* 61-of-71 snaps

* 45 routes on 51 Kyle Allen dropbacks

* 47 snaps (!!!) lined up slot or wide

* 10 targets for a 24% share
... please sit out Olsen.

The guy with FABB left in my league picked up Washington, Pascal, and Higbee I guess to block us all (I don't blame him, good move). I picked up Watson but i noticed among his drops was Westbrook. I'll definitely be looking to add him (i own Chark).

Also a good preemptive pickup for next week might be Stills if Fuller remains out as they face TB.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/602454-greg-olsen-doing-well-in-carolina/?do=findComment&comment=22364906

GODDAMIT GO AWAY

Also

Buccaneers WR Scotty Miller (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

It's the first time Miller has practiced since initially pulling his hamstring after 18 snaps in Week 12. Mike Evans' (hamstring) absence vacates 9.1 targets and a league-high 139.5 air yards per game, but this situation obviously becomes much murkier if Breshad Perriman, Justin Watson, and Miller are all available behind Chris Godwin versus the Lions. This is a touch-and-go scenario that needs to be monitored before starting anyone outside of Godwin.
Though Roto seems to think otherwise, this should only directly affect Watson. They're suddenly not starting him over Perriman or he would've been eating into Perriman/Miller's snaps already.

Users who are viewing this thread