What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mahomes or Tannehill? (1 Viewer)

PeteC

Footballguy
With Mahomes hurt and playing against Denver’s D, is it better to start Tannehill, who’s been playing great lately and against a divisional foe with playoff implications? This is for the championship semifinals.

Imagine this question before the season. 

I'd stick with Mahomes. I actually think the Broncos give the Chiefs a scare this week, so Mahomes should have no shortage of work. 

Same exact question I came here to post. 

Mahomes seems like the safer play - always play your studs - except he has been mediocre over these past 3-4 weeks, and Denver looks like they might be getting their act together. Tannehill, on the other hand, is one of the hottest players in fantasy, but think how it would feel to lose because you played Tannehill over Mahomes.

Mahomes has practiced fully over the past 2 practices, which leads me to want to start him, but I am not sure.

Wanted to make sure you saw the weather predictions - Winter Storm Warning in KC, MO. predicting  .5"/hr starting early this morning and continuing through the game.

I'm probably going Tannehill.

My advice is to dance with the one that brought you.  That said, the last 7 teams to beat the patriots lost the following week.  Including the texans last week.  The broncos are playing tehir best team ball of the year and have a chip on their shoulder after getting embarrassed by the chiefs on Monday night earlier this year. I expect  a flat chiefs team and a fired up Broncos team.  But , even with all of that, stay with Maholmes. 

Users who are viewing this thread