What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

House Impeachment Vote. Trump Impeached on both charges. (2 Viewers)

True, but I thought he did an excellent job directly fact-checking Collins’ rambling opening statement.
He knows the impeachment case very well. He also knows the constitution and historical context, the Clinton case. Also invoked Paine, about a heritable president making as much sense as a heritable mathematician. I hope to see Raskin in the Senate trial.

I sometimes wonder, as my mind does on occasion, that if politicians were put under the same wish as Jim Carrey's "Liar Liar" character, how many would be able to say the same things they say now.

Rep. Doub Collins seems noticeably subdued today. Perhaps he reviewed the tapes of the Judiciary Hearings and saw what a ridiculous circus it became with all the screaming by him, Jim Jordan and Louie Gohmert. 

Doug Collins has said "the clock and the calendar" a bunch of times. Hope no one started a drinking game on that. 

Doug Collins has said "the clock and the calendar" a bunch of times. Hope no one started a drinking game on that. 
It’s really strange what they’re choosing to latch onto. He goes on and on about the Democrats pushing the process quickly and then accuses them that they’re trying to interfere with 2020 election with this impeachment. If that’s their goal, why would they be pushing it quickly? Wouldn’t a prolonged process do a better job on ‘interfering with the election’?

The first thing the House will do after they gavel in the session is hold debate on the House Rules that were passed yesterday. This should be pretty basic and procedural, but essential before the big vote gets underway.

The House chamber is flooded with Representatives, but Republicans continue to present motions to table the impeachment debate and vote, they could technically do this all day, but it is not likely.

House Rules Committee Chairman Jim McGovern on the House floor:

"I didn't swear an oath to defend a political party. I took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America."

House now voting on the set of rules for debate on the articles of impeachment. This is the debate that will precede the overall vote by the House of Representatives to impeach Trump. When these votes conclude, the rules will be adopted and the debate will start

The rules have been voted on and now Joe Novotny, the clerk for the House of Representatives, is reading the entire articles of impeachment. Next, we will have six hours of formal debate before the final vote on both articles.

Rep. Doug Collins uses the term "irregardless" then goes back to his favorite meme:

"The clock and the calendar are terrible masters"

Someone asked this in the main thread but I'll re-ask here - if Republicans, generally speaking, think this is a sham and that they voters will turn on the Democrats for doing it then why are they fighting it so hard?  Seems like they would help their case by just saying - go ahead and vote, you guys made up your mind a long time ago.  What is the point of the theatrics from their side?  I get the theatrics from the Democratic side - they think either it's their duty, it helps them or both.

Someone asked this in the main thread but I'll re-ask here - if Republicans, generally speaking, think this is a sham and that they voters will turn on the Democrats for doing it then why are they fighting it so hard?  Seems like they would help their case by just saying - go ahead and vote, you guys made up your mind a long time ago.  What is the point of the theatrics from their side?  I get the theatrics from the Democratic side - they think either it's their duty, it helps them or both.
For sound bites and clips for Fox News and the conservative websites to show that they are passionate and serious about this.

Rep. Ross Spano from Florida from the GOP screamers school.  Can't Republicans all talk in a normal tone of voice?

Many of the Republicans speaking here are bordering on a caricature IMO. Every time one of them steps up to speak in this impeachment debate, I feel like I am watching an SNL skit.  :lol:

Right. Along the same line if impeachment is going to guarantee re-election then most presidents will welcome impeachment. 

I find this amusing...In between each speaker, Reps Collins and Nadler then step up to introduce the next person from their side that they will yield time to, so they can both speak in fast rebuttal quips in 4-5 seconds (which has a flavor of a skit).

Democrats seem to be in a tough political position right now. Regardless of where you sit on Trump, it is bad optics that it looks like there will be bipartisan support against impeachment while the vote for impeachment will not be bipartisan in the House.

Curious to see how this plays out in the Senate, would seem like there is potential for both parties to have a small handful vote against party lines. 

Republican Rep. Steve King argued that Biden was not actually Trump's opponent, since he is in a giant primary against other Democrats and is "running third in that race." Biden has led in national polls since he entered the race.

Republican Rep. Steve King argued that Biden was not actually Trump's opponent, since he is in a giant primary against other Democrats and is "running third in that race." Biden has led in national polls since he entered the race.
National polls will actually mean something if we ever have a national primary but since we don’t they are meaningless 

Democrats seem to be in a tough political position right now. Regardless of where you sit on Trump, it is bad optics that it looks like there will be bipartisan support against impeachment while the vote for impeachment will not be bipartisan in the House.

Curious to see how this plays out in the Senate, would seem like there is potential for both parties to have a small handful vote against party lines. 
Cults have 100% support among members because they kick out dissenters. 

Josh Marshall‏Verified account @joshtpm 3m3 minutes ago

Rep. Loudermilk: "When Jesus was falsely accused of treason, Pontius Pilate gave Jesus the opportunity to face his accusers."

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1207378548337598464 (video at link)
And then what did Jesus do? He said, "Truly, truly, I say unto the do-nothing Pharisees, your accusations are fake news. And you lamestream sadducees, you have eyes but do not see that this is all a big nothing burger!" Or did he take on his punishment for the good of mankind? I don't remember which one.

Rep. Mike Kelly just tried to compare impeachment to Pearl Harbor:

"another day that will live in infamy."

:mellow:

Seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread