Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Scotty Miller, Buccaneers

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I love Dionte but with Godwin out and Brady’s love for him, I have to agree Miller has the higher floor. He’s going to be peppered with targets while Ben has so many weapons there could be weeks where some one gets left out.

What he said. :)

16 minutes ago, DeaLerZ said:

1st play... completion to Scotty Miller  😀

Dropped a perfect TD pass. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, I-ROK said:

I have to imagine that line was established before Godwin was declared out. Even with him active I think Miller is a good bet for 4 or more, but that’s a much more risky bet. You’re right, follow the money if you’re looking for roster advice. This seems like free money though. Idk what to make of it

It was. By kickoff the odds were at -235 to compensate for the bad line.

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’m just sayin - Vegas isn’t in the business of losing money. I agree it sounds like a slam dunk. 

....which is always when I lose the most $. :( 

Ugh.  Prophetic.

3 hours ago, I-ROK said:

I have to imagine that line was established before Godwin was declared out. Even with him active I think Miller is a good bet for 4 or more, but that’s a much more risky bet. You’re right, follow the money if you’re looking for roster advice. This seems like free money though. Idk what to make of it

:lol: the house always wins

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Ugh.  Prophetic.

I’m just sayin... 

“it’s a trap!”

/Ackbar

23 minutes ago, I-ROK said:

:lol: the house always wins

Got that right. 

Bucs WR Scotty Miller (hip/groin) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

In a game where he was expected to see an expanded role with Chris Godwin out, Miller received just three targets and 11 total yards. Perhaps this injury explains the performance. Godwin is on track to return in Week 3 against the Broncos.

Sep 23, 2020, 6:38 PM ET

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) did not practice Wednesday.

Miller has battled the hip issue already this season but played through it to go 3-83 on five targets against Denver in Week 3. The Bucs are hurting at wideout with Chris Godwin (hamstring) already expected to miss a couple weeks.

Sep 30, 2020, 8:00 PM ET

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

With Chris Godwin (hamstring) out for Week 4, the Bucs would be looking extremely thin at wideout if Miller can't go. At least as of Thursday evening, he isn't looking likely to play. Justin Watson would soak up Mike Evans' leftovers. Miller's absence would also make Rob Gronkowski a more sensible point chase after last week's pseudo revival. 

Oct 1, 2020, 5:05 PM ET

Bucs WR Scotty Miller (hip, groin) is active for Week 4 against the Chargers.

As expected for the Bucs' new No. 2 receiver with Chris Godwin sidelined with a hamstring injury. Miller will need a big play to pay off as a flex option in what could be one of the lower scoring games of the week. The Bucs will go through Mike Evans and the run game with Miller, Gronk, and O.J. Howard around to fill in the holes. The Bucs declared QB Ryan Griffin, WR Chris Godwin, RB Leonard Fournette, OLB Cam Gill, G Aaron Stinnie, and DL Khalil Davis as inactive.

Oct 4, 2020, 11:36 AM ET

Scotty Miller caught 5-of-7 targets for 83 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs' Week 4 win over the Chargers.

Miller caught fire late in the game. He made a great catch down the field, and then was left wide open on the very next play for the easiest touchdown of his career. Miller's role is tied to the health of the Bucs' skill-position players. Chris Godwin (hamstring) is week to week, Mike Evans played through an ankle sprain in Week 4, and O.J. Howard (Achilles') was ruled out almost immediately after going down. The running back depth will be tested as well. There's a path to Miller earning WR3/flex appeal despite a touch matchup in Chicago next week. That game will be played on Thursday.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:41 PM ET

Anyone rolling him out tonight? I'm considering it since I may be left with no one to play on Sunday (Diggs game probably cancelled, Shenault questionable). I'd be decently confident if he weren't dinged up.

2 hours ago, Flint Fireballs! said:

I'm starting him with complete confidence. I see him as a mid to low WR 2 from here on out.

From your lips to gods ears.

4 hours ago, Flint Fireballs! said:

I'm starting him with complete confidence. I see him as a mid to low WR 4 from here on out.

FTFY

@PFF_natejahnke

Buccaneers halftime WR snap count
Mike Evans 34
Tyler Johnson 32
Scotty Miller 23
Cyril Grayson 10
Jaydon Mickens 4
Out of 41 plays

Gonna have to mix myself another drink to get through this disaster, though I probably would have done that regardless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

@PFF_natejahnke

Buccaneers halftime WR snap count
Mike Evans 34
Tyler Johnson 32
Scotty Miller 23
Cyril Grayson 10
Jaydon Mickens 4
Out of 41 plays

Honestly I don't even remember seeing Miller on the field..........not 1 target. 

Posted (edited)

Scotty Miller was not targeted in the Bucs' Week 5 loss to the Bears. 

The air ball came on a night where Chris Godwin and Justin Watson were missing and Tom Brady attempted 41 passes. Playing through hip and groin ailments, Miller's workload wasn't really limited, as Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke charted Miller's 45 snaps as third most in the Bucs' receiver corps. Miller's health undoubtedly played a part, but if he was healthy for that many snaps, it is stunning he failed to draw a single look. Wildly inconsistent as injuries have swept through the Bucs' offense, Miller will be a moderate-risk, moderate-reward WR4 for next week's showdown with the Packers.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

Glad I played this guy to avoid the risk of getting a zero 😂

• Laughing 2

58 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

Glad I played this guy to avoid the risk of getting a zero 😂

He nailed me in a league as well as a WR3.

Never again.  I never like these flyer guys anyway, but I had bye week and injury issues.  Next time I'll put in Cordarelle Patterson and take his 3 odd points.

Anyone named MILLER is now off my rosters.  Scotty Miller, Lamar Miller, Anthony Miller, Von Miller, Heath Miller............all cut and dead to me.    :P

The sad thing with this was, he apparently was on the field for plenty of snaps....but not a single target.

TZM

Started him as well :wall:but not really much choice since who knows if Julio or AJ Brown will play.
He has had 3 decent-good games and 2 horrible games, guess which two games I have started him lol

• Thanks 1

Yep did the same. Massive injury issues and it all made logical sense. Aargh 

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

This is the same injury that limited Miller before last week's game, resulting in zero targets on 41 Tom Brady pass attempts. Prior to that performance Miller had two straight 83-yard games, but Chris Godwin seems on track to play in Week 6 against the Packers.

Oct 14, 2020, 8:48 PM ET

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice. 

Miller should play, but the same is looking increasingly true of Chris Godwin (hamstring). Especially in the context of last week's doughnut, Godwin's return would knock Miller from the WR3, and probably even WR4, ranks. We should get final word on Miller's status Friday. 

Oct 15, 2020, 7:28 PM ET

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

Miller barely gets in full practices. With Chris Godwin (finger) out for Week 8 and Antonio Brown not yet eligible to play, Miller will have some low-end WR3 appeal for Monday night's game against the Giants. 

Oct 29, 2020, 5:33 PM ET

Oh Godwin is out and Miller is hurt, but going to play? He had a great week last week, so it can't be that bad. Guess I'm plugging him in!

I definitely haven't seen this movie twice this year already. /s

• Laughing 2