What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Scotty Miller, TB (1 Viewer)

I have to imagine that line was established before Godwin was declared out. Even with him active I think Miller is a good bet for 4 or more, but that’s a much more risky bet. You’re right, follow the money if you’re looking for roster advice. This seems like free money though. Idk what to make of it
It was. By kickoff the odds were at -235 to compensate for the bad line.

I-ROK said:
I have to imagine that line was established before Godwin was declared out. Even with him active I think Miller is a good bet for 4 or more, but that’s a much more risky bet. You’re right, follow the money if you’re looking for roster advice. This seems like free money though. Idk what to make of it
:lol:  the house always wins

Bucs WR Scotty Miller (hip/groin) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

In a game where he was expected to see an expanded role with Chris Godwin out, Miller received just three targets and 11 total yards. Perhaps this injury explains the performance. Godwin is on track to return in Week 3 against the Broncos.

Sep 23, 2020, 6:38 PM ET

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) did not practice Wednesday.

Miller has battled the hip issue already this season but played through it to go 3-83 on five targets against Denver in Week 3. The Bucs are hurting at wideout with Chris Godwin (hamstring) already expected to miss a couple weeks.

Sep 30, 2020, 8:00 PM ET

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

With Chris Godwin (hamstring) out for Week 4, the Bucs would be looking extremely thin at wideout if Miller can't go. At least as of Thursday evening, he isn't looking likely to play. Justin Watson would soak up Mike Evans' leftovers. Miller's absence would also make Rob Gronkowski a more sensible point chase after last week's pseudo revival. 

Oct 1, 2020, 5:05 PM ET

Bucs WR Scotty Miller (hip, groin) is active for Week 4 against the Chargers.

As expected for the Bucs' new No. 2 receiver with Chris Godwin sidelined with a hamstring injury. Miller will need a big play to pay off as a flex option in what could be one of the lower scoring games of the week. The Bucs will go through Mike Evans and the run game with Miller, Gronk, and O.J. Howard around to fill in the holes. The Bucs declared QB Ryan Griffin, WR Chris Godwin, RB Leonard Fournette, OLB Cam Gill, G Aaron Stinnie, and DL Khalil Davis as inactive.

Oct 4, 2020, 11:36 AM ET

Scotty Miller caught 5-of-7 targets for 83 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs' Week 4 win over the Chargers.

Miller caught fire late in the game. He made a great catch down the field, and then was left wide open on the very next play for the easiest touchdown of his career. Miller's role is tied to the health of the Bucs' skill-position players. Chris Godwin (hamstring) is week to week, Mike Evans played through an ankle sprain in Week 4, and O.J. Howard (Achilles') was ruled out almost immediately after going down. The running back depth will be tested as well. There's a path to Miller earning WR3/flex appeal despite a touch matchup in Chicago next week. That game will be played on Thursday.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:41 PM ET

Anyone rolling him out tonight? I'm considering it since I may be left with no one to play on Sunday (Diggs game probably cancelled, Shenault questionable). I'd be decently confident if he weren't dinged up.

@PFF_natejahnke

Buccaneers halftime WR snap count
Mike Evans 34
Tyler Johnson 32
Scotty Miller 23
Cyril Grayson 10
Jaydon Mickens 4
Out of 41 plays

@PFF_natejahnke

Buccaneers halftime WR snap count
Mike Evans 34
Tyler Johnson 32
Scotty Miller 23
Cyril Grayson 10
Jaydon Mickens 4
Out of 41 plays
Honestly I don't even remember seeing Miller on the field..........not 1 target. 

Scotty Miller was not targeted in the Bucs' Week 5 loss to the Bears. 

The air ball came on a night where Chris Godwin and Justin Watson were missing and Tom Brady attempted 41 passes. Playing through hip and groin ailments, Miller's workload wasn't really limited, as Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke charted Miller's 45 snaps as third most in the Bucs' receiver corps. Miller's health undoubtedly played a part, but if he was healthy for that many snaps, it is stunning he failed to draw a single look. Wildly inconsistent as injuries have swept through the Bucs' offense, Miller will be a moderate-risk, moderate-reward WR4 for next week's showdown with the Packers.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I played this guy to avoid the risk of getting a zero 😂
He nailed me in a league as well as a WR3.

Never again.  I never like these flyer guys anyway, but I had bye week and injury issues.  Next time I'll put in Cordarelle Patterson and take his 3 odd points.

Anyone named MILLER is now off my rosters.  Scotty Miller, Lamar Miller, Anthony Miller, Von Miller, Heath Miller............all cut and dead to me.    :P

The sad thing with this was, he apparently was on the field for plenty of snaps....but not a single target.

TZM

Started him as well  :wall: but not really much choice since who knows if Julio or AJ Brown will play.
He has had 3 decent-good games and 2 horrible games, guess which two games I have started him lol

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

This is the same injury that limited Miller before last week's game, resulting in zero targets on 41 Tom Brady pass attempts. Prior to that performance Miller had two straight 83-yard games, but Chris Godwin seems on track to play in Week 6 against the Packers.

Oct 14, 2020, 8:48 PM ET

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice. 

Miller should play, but the same is looking increasingly true of Chris Godwin (hamstring). Especially in the context of last week's doughnut, Godwin's return would knock Miller from the WR3, and probably even WR4, ranks. We should get final word on Miller's status Friday. 

Oct 15, 2020, 7:28 PM ET

Scotty Miller (hip, groin) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

Miller barely gets in full practices. With Chris Godwin (finger) out for Week 8 and Antonio Brown not yet eligible to play, Miller will have some low-end WR3 appeal for Monday night's game against the Giants. 

Oct 29, 2020, 5:33 PM ET

Oh Godwin is out and Miller is hurt, but going to play? He had a great week last week, so it can't be that bad. Guess I'm plugging him in!

I definitely haven't seen this movie twice this year already. /s

Scotty Miller caught 2-of-3 targets for 36 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs' NFC Championship Game victory over the Packers. 

With Antonio Brown (knee) out, Miller got more run, and he responded by scoring a 39-yard touchdown in the dying moments of the first half. For whatever reason, the Packers went to man defense in an obvious zone situation on 4th-and-4 from the Pack's 45-yard line with six seconds remaining. The greatest player in NFL history, Tom Brady, easily spotted what would prove to be the game-winning score. With Brown likely to return for Super Bowl LV, Miller won't be a legitimate DFS consideration. 

Jan 24, 2021, 8:24 PM ET

Scotty Miller ran pass routes on 20 of Tom Brady's 37 drop backs in the NFC Championship Game. 

With Antonio Brown (knee) sidelined, Miller served as Tampa's WR3 against the Packers, catching two balls for 36 yards and a score. Rookie Tyler Johnson ran just 12 routes against Green Bay and caught one pass. Brown will have two weeks to get right before the Bucs play the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, but a setback with his knee injury could make Miller central part of the team's wideout rotation against KC. 

RELATED: 

Tyler Johnson

SOURCE: Adam Levitan on Twitter 

Jan 26, 2021, 9:18 AM ET

Scotty Miller was not targeted in the Bucs' Week 1 win over the Cowboys. 

Pro Football Focus charted Miller as playing only nine snaps. Miller's decreased usage from the second half of the 2020 season has carried over as Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown all find themselves in good health. Miller will undoubtedly emerge for some looks and grabs, but there is nothing to see here in re-draft leagues. 

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said WR Scotty Miller has "pretty severe" turf toe.

Antonio Brown has yet to be activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list so this injury could force the Bucs to dig deep for a WR3 in Week 4. Tyler Johnson split time with Miller in Week 3, catching 3-of-6 targets for 63 yards in the Bucs' loss. If Brown and Miller are both out for the Bucs' upcoming game versus the Patriots, Johnson would be in line for a significant role increase. On the Tampa Bay offense, that could be enough to make him a deep sleeper for fantasy purposes. 

SOURCE: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Sep 27, 2021, 5:20 PM ET

Buccaneers placed WR Scotty Miller (turf toe) on injured reserve.

If Antonio Brown misses Week 4, the Buccaneers with be down to Tyler Johnson and Jaelon Darden as their third and fourth wide receivers. Johnson is a capable third option, who would be a viable fantasy dart throw. Tampa Bay also has very good tight end depth. Miller will provide the Buccaneers with deep threat depth when he returns. He is first eligible to return for the Buccaneers Week 7 game against Chicago.

RELATED: 

Tyler Johnson

, Jaelon Darden

SOURCE: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Sep 29, 2021, 11:04 AM ET

Bucs WR Scotty Miller (turf toe, IR) hopes to play in Week 10 against Washington.

The Bucs are likely to be without Antonio Brown (ankle) and Chris Godwin (foot) is also at risk of missing this game after logging a DNP to open the week. Miller was noncommital on playing, saying he hopes to play, but coaches and trainers will ultimately make the decision later in the week. If all three are out, Tyler Johnson would slot in as the team's No. 2 receiver and have fringe-WR3 fantasy value. 

SOURCE: Scott Smith on Twitter

Nov 10, 2021, 1:50 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread