What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Burrow, CIN (1 Viewer)

Keep the awful OL talk going, maybe it’ll help it go down. Tyler Boyd dynasty owner here trying to explain that my massive erection is just the pleat of my pants...

This is me being more eye test than anything and I’m not an eye test guy normally- BUT- Joe Burrows is the best QB prospect for me since Luck. Just incredible at almost every aspect. 
He looks near flawless to me. He has the mechanics and the it factor. I feel like I'm going to incorrectly pass on more valuable RB/WR rookies to draft him in the first round of my dynasty league.

I’ve got the 1.09 and I am taking him. I know you don’t take qb that early but you know what I am tired of dealing with Cam, Jimmy g and goff. The rest of my team is pretty good and I need a stud qb and this guy....I want him. Flame away

I’ve got the 1.09 and I am taking him. I know you don’t take qb that early but you know what I am tired of dealing with Cam, Jimmy g and goff. The rest of my team is pretty good and I need a stud qb and this guy....I want him. Flame away
I have 1.10 and I'd do the same in this moment. Long way to go but I'm sold on this dude.

Hard to draft a QB in round 1 of a start 1QB dynasty league that only rewards 4 points for passing TDS.

Hard to draft a QB in round 1 of a start 1QB dynasty league that only rewards 4 points for passing TDS.
I get that, I do. And I get BPA it has got me Mike Thomas and AJ  Brown  on the cheap but this is a major need and trading down won’t work because the 1.10 and 1.12 need qb

Last edited by a moderator:
LSU redshirt senior QB Joe Burrow completed 29-of-39 passes for 493 yards and seven touchdowns in Saturday's 63-28 obliteration of Oklahoma in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.

Burrow (6'4/216) played one of the most dazzling first halves in the history of the sport of football -- not hyperbole -- throwing for 403 yards and seven touchdowns before the game had even hit intermission. The 2019 Heisman winner connected for three scoring passes in the first quarter before ramping up for four more in Q2. Those seven touchdown passes set a Playoff record and were tied for the most in any bowl, ever. The Tigers led 49-14 at the half. Just absurd. Burrow capped off his beautiful performance with a short rushing touchdown to open the third quarter. He would spend most of the fourth quarter resting on the bench. With the victory, LSU is on to the title game, where they will face off with the winner of the Playoff semi matchup between Clemson and Ohio State (set to kick later on Saturday).

Dec 28, 2019, 7:58 PM ET

I planned to take him with either 1.10 or my 2.1 pick. Just hoping he lasts that long other wise I’ll draft Tua if the recovery is looking like a success.

Tex

What an amazing game that was. Maybe the best performance in College Football history. I fully believe he could have thrown for 700 yards and 9 TD's or something like that, if the game had called for it. 

At this point, I'm curious what the offers would be for the #1 pick right now. If you are the Bengals, what would you ask for? 4 1st rounders? 

Really wish Cincy didn’t clinch the 1.1. I think Burrow is mentally tough enough to not get ruined by a bad o line but this seems like a brutal situation for the short term. I know things change fast in the NFL, but the Bengals ownership being awful seems pretty fixed. I’m hoping they bring back Dalton for a year and work on the line. 
Hopkins Signs Extension To Center Bengals Into Offseason

https://www.bengals.com/news/hopkins-signs-extension-to-center-bengals-into-offseason

The Bengals have a weak o line, but the cupboard isn't totally bare.  At least they have a decent center, and possibly two average to good tackles. Jonah Williams, last year's number 1 draft choice hasn't played yet due to injury.

I also am hoping they bring Dalton back, gives the Bengals a chance to improve their o line.

What an amazing game that was. Maybe the best performance in College Football history. I fully believe he could have thrown for 700 yards and 9 TD's or something like that, if the game had called for it. 

At this point, I'm curious what the offers would be for the #1 pick right now. If you are the Bengals, what would you ask for? 4 1st rounders? 
Chase Young and 2 more firsts. 

With the depth of this draft at RB and WR I can see Burrow being available in dynasty drafts in the early 2nd round of start 1 QB 12 team leagues. 

travdogg said:
I don't think you'd even consider giving it up for sale.  I mean, I guess everything has a price but it would be too high for any team to consider.

Bengals need a QB, and even have a guy that could start for a year or half a year as Joe gets used to the NFL.  I hate when people say "Oh they could get a top qb next year".  You don't mess around with that, and the odds of the Bengals getting a top 2 pick next year are low.  He's sitting there, they should already be making Burrow Bengals jerseys and sign him the day FA begins.

I don't think you'd even consider giving it up for sale.  I mean, I guess everything has a price but it would be too high for any team to consider.

Bengals need a QB, and even have a guy that could start for a year or half a year as Joe gets used to the NFL.  I hate when people say "Oh they could get a top qb next year".  You don't mess around with that, and the odds of the Bengals getting a top 2 pick next year are low.  He's sitting there, they should already be making Burrow Bengals jerseys and sign him the day FA begins.
Yes, he's a Bengal no matter what, unless there is something about Burrow they don't like.  After all, he is a redshirt senior that came out of nowhere to do what he did.  I can see that scaring a team, but the Bengals desperately needs to move on from Dalton.

Dalton will be on a different team. He would cost them too much to sit after a couple of games max. Heck, odds are Burrow starts from day 1. Dude is way too good to pass up. 

Mid 2nd is first I’d even think of it.
Normally this would be my outlook. It's true this draft is loaded with highly touted RBs and WRs. For me it's a case of being so impressed by Burrow, much more than any other QB in recent memory.

It will depend on the landing spots and how tiers shake out. If I feel like the top tier RBs and WRs are gone by pick ten and Burrow looks great in the preseason, I'll have no problem reaching for him.

Makes you wonder if he needs to go full Eli/Elway mode here
I don’t think he will because he doesn’t seem like that kind of guy and he has Ohio roots (he’s from Athens, his dad coached at Ohio University, and he almost transferred to the University of Cincinnati from Ohio State). 

I posted earlier that I wish Cincy didn’t have the 1.1 but I do agree with others that in terms of skill position players it’s a pretty solid situation. If they can rebuild the line then I think he’ll do well. I think of Burrow more from a real life football perspective since I’m an LSU fan so Cincinnati primarily concerns me bc of ownership. 

Everybody's got a price(cue Ted Dibiase) but who knows if desperate teams will pay it? If the Bengals were offered 4 1sts should they turn it down? What about 3 1sts, but 1 is top-5? 

What if Miami offered all 3 of their 1sts this year? What if the alternative is Tua and 2 1sts, and until about a month ago, most preferred Tua to Burrow anyway.

I think it'd be silly not to shop the pick, whenever there is a prospect of this level available, especially at QB. Nothing stops you from taking a QB later, it doesn't have to be a wait until next year thing.

Just throwing out scenarios.

LSU redshirt senior QB Joe Burrow completed seven passes of at least 20 yards versus Oklahoma, tying for the second-most in any game over the past two seasons, according to Pro Football Focus.

The explosive passing plays were flowing against the Sooners defense. Burrow, already known for being able to generate explosive plays from anywhere, completed a whopping seven throws that earned at least 20 yards. Though Oklahoma's defense isn't spectacular, that is a heck of a feat to complete against any defense. Expect Burrow (6'4/216) to carry over some of that spark into the National Championship against Clemson.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Dec 29, 2019, 1:51 PM ET

As far I know, Burrow isn’t a ##### like Elway. 
My point was that Burrow can't pull an Elway on the Bengals unless he has leverage like Elway had on the Colts by threatening to play baseball.

I get that, I do. And I get BPA it has got me Mike Thomas and AJ  Brown  on the cheap but this is a major need and trading down won’t work because the 1.10 and 1.12 need qb
I play the game my way regardless of the mentality of the herd.  And, if I like a player, I take him where I have to...  If I lose with "my guys" then so be it.

Take him at 1.9

With the depth of this draft at RB and WR I can see Burrow being available in dynasty drafts in the early 2nd round of start 1 QB 12 team leagues. 
I can see people shying away if he is a Bengal or his value leaping if he lands in a more competitive environment.

I agree with this. It brought me Lamar in a 1QB dynasty league. 
Good one...

A guy in my league is always complaining about just missing guys he likes but he refuses to take them too early based on the consensus "value" of the player.

I think it'd be silly not to shop the pick, whenever there is a prospect of this level available, especially at QB. Nothing stops you from taking a QB later, it doesn't have to be a wait until next year thing.

Just look at what the Bears gave up to move up one spot to take Trubisky.  Good grief.

Just look at what the Bears gave up to move up one spot to take Trubisky.  Good grief.
Still... a huge mistake.

However, without the benefit of hindsight, I'm not sure I should credit the Bears for aggressively going after the guy they felt could turn the franchise or criticize them for not being better poker players and ignoring the depth of that QB class.

Everybody's got a price(cue Ted Dibiase) but who knows if desperate teams will pay it? If the Bengals were offered 4 1sts should they turn it down? What about 3 1sts, but 1 is top-5? 

What if Miami offered all 3 of their 1sts this year? What if the alternative is Tua and 2 1sts, and until about a month ago, most preferred Tua to Burrow anyway.

I guess I can see listening, but no team in the entire league needs/wants Burrow more than the Bengals. You have a fan base desperate for change and hope, a giant hole at QB, have some decent weapons around him, and now a southern Ohio kid this good available. The whole thing fell in their lap. It would be impossible for me to believe he is worth more to another team than he already is to the Bengals. 

I guess I can see listening, but no team in the entire league needs/wants Burrow more than the Bengals. You have a fan base desperate for change and hope, a giant hole at QB, have some decent weapons around him, and now a southern Ohio kid this good available. The whole thing fell in their lap. It would be impossible for me to believe he is worth more to another team than he already is to the Bengals. 
I agree, unless the Bengals see some warts and wants to cash in big time on his value.

I agree, unless the Bengals see some warts and wants to cash in big time on his value.
The Bengals seem to float in the breeze more than they scout and trust their scouts.  Maybe a bunch of teams will try to work that by floating any in Burrow stuff.

This is going to be the most entertaining offseason in years, just because of the fantasy talent coming in alone. 

I agree.  I think once the draft is over and we know more about situations, he'll go early second.

Pro Football Focus credited LSU QB Joe Burrow with 24 touchdown passes thrown into tight windows in 2019.

Burrow's 24 tight-window touchdowns were the best mark in the country. The next-best mark? North Carolina's Sam Howell and Wake Forest's Jamie Newman both came in at 14, which is almost half of what Burrow managed to do. While there is some argument Burrow benefited from LSU's stud receivers, the fact that he could thread so many tough throws for touchdowns shows that he helped them as much as they helped him.

SOURCE: Anthony Treash on Twitter

Jan 6, 2020, 5:57 PM ET

I didn't see all of his games by any means, but the tight window throws I recall seeing were really just him seeing a WR kinda open in single coverage and lofting up a pass that gave the WR a shot.  The WRs dominated on those throws. 

I'd say he benefitted tremendously from his WRs and the system that allowed them to be downfield in single coverage with no possible safety help, even if the QB lofts it pretty high. 

Users who are viewing this thread