What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Burrow, CIN (3 Viewers)

That's dumb.
Haha it's the Bengals. 

If the Bengals are giving an indication that they might not draft him if he doesn't go, then he absolutely should not go. 

I wouldn't blame him for pulling an Eli/Elway here. Only problem there is Washington picks number 2 this year, lol. 

They have good weapons, sure, but the organization has been bad for ages and shows no signs of changing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly. You'd need the freaking Senior Bowl to help you make up your mind? 

If they were honest they'd just say out loud they're simply getting the jump on marketing their new franchise QB. 

If you need him there to scout him, just contract the team already.

LSU redshirt senior QB Joe Burrow completed 31-of-49 passes for 463 passes for five touchdowns while rushing 14 times for 58 times and a touchdown in Monday's 42-25 win over Clemson in the CFP National Championship presented by AT&T.

60 passing touchdowns. 60 passing touchdowns! After a five-touchdown passing performance in the national title game, Burrow (6'4/216) now owns the record for most passing touchdowns in a single season in NCAA history. Of course, the extra game helps, but he should also be credited for getting his team there in the first place. Burrow had his excellent performance while battling through an apparent rib injury that he suffered right out of the half. With a title in hand, there is a good case that Burrow just wrapped up the best single season any college QB has ever had. There is no doubt that this man will be the top pick in the NFL Draft.

SOURCE: SportsCenter on Twitter

Jan 14, 2020, 12:18 AM ET

kittenmittens said:
Haha it's the Bengals. 

If the Bengals are giving an indication that they might not draft him if he doesn't go, then he absolutely should not go. 

I wouldn't blame him for pulling an Eli/Elway here. Only problem there is Washington picks number 2 this year, lol. 

They have good weapons, sure, but the organization has been bad for ages and shows no signs of changing. 
Eh, normally yes but Wash signed Rivera - I'd count on him for respectability. Cincinnati is a mess tho.

The senior bowl is always about the game preparation process and never about the game. 

Unless you're a dumbbutt like Gettleman

Did anyone actually read the article? (not just the headline?)

Bengals are coaching at the Senior Bowl and, according to Nagy,

Says nothing about them wanting him to actually play. They want to talk with him. The article even went on to suggest Burrow could attend the Senior Bowl and opt not to play, which seems it's what CIN wants. They want to get a free interview in...

If you only read the comments here you would think CIN doesn't know if they will draft Burrow, or if he's any good, and want to see him play.

It seems pretty reasonable that they would want to spend as much time as possible, especially when it's "free," when they are planning on making him 1.1
That would be a #### move imo.  So he'd take a slot from a guy that likely needs the exposure way more than he does just so he can talk to the Bengals brass?

This is apparently not uncommon.

If I were the Bengals I'd want as much exposure to the guy as I could get. The NFL limits the players a team can formally visit with. This wouldnt count. 

I wouldnt care about another guy who wants exposure in a meaningless game and now can't go, if I were the Bengals. They arent interested in that guy; they are interested in Burrow
It's only a meaningless game to Burrow and a handful of other guys.

ETA, I don't disagree with you about the Bengals POV but it's still not a cool move.

What, hanging around him they're gong to find he dangles his participles and decide he's not the guy?

That staff should focus their efforts on who of the 57 other guys they have access to that they may draft in rounds 2-7 instead of splitting their time with a guy who's not going to play in the event in some sort of latter day cotillion. 

It is truly some of the worst stuff I have ever eaten.
I hate you

ETA: lol, actually I’m being harsh for shtick. One question though: did you just get a bowl of it or was it on something like noodles or on a hot dog? It really is just a meat sauce. Chili is a marketing misnomer from the Macedonian/Greek immigrants back when.

I hate you

ETA: lol, actually I’m being harsh for shtick. One question though: did you just get a bowl of it or was it on something like noodles or on a hot dog? It really is just a meat sauce. Chili is a marketing misnomer from the Macedonian/Greek immigrants back when.
It was on a hot dog.

Mmm...pureed chili. :yucky:

All this chilli talk and no responses to this haha.

Am I the only one that thinks he's dumb for admitting this?  Why throw all your teammates under the bus?!
yeah i don't get it. maybe obj is trying to hurt cleveland's rival cincy? i have no idea.

Has his hype gotten this big? 

When he takes his first NFL snap he will be the same age as some QBs with 2 nfl years under their belts. He was a man playing with boys. 

He might go for a late 1st... if I needed a qb and had 1.11 or 1.12 I may look at him, but he is pretty old for a rookie qb... 
Yeah, if I can only have a QB on my dynasty team for 14 instead of 16 years...I don't want him either.

Yeah, if I can only have a QB on my dynasty team for 14 instead of 16 years...I don't want him either.
I don’t think that’s the issue (at least, I hope it’s not :lmao: ) so much as why it took him until age 22 to be an impactful college player?  

I don’t think the linger development curve is that much of an issue for QBs, at least nowhere near as much as it is for other skill position players. 

Users who are viewing this thread