What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Giants/Dolphins Weather - Nasty Winds? (1 Viewer)

PhantomJB

Footballguy
I'm seeing varying reports...anywhere from "up to 15 mph"...to "sustained winds in the 20-30 mph"

Is there anyone local who can shed some light on this?

Guys like D.Parker and D.Slayton could be impacted significantly since Manning/Fitz are not the strongest and most accurate arms to begin with

I’ve heard MetLife is the best open air stadium to protect against wind and is almost like a dome. 

Just what I’ve heard. 

I’ve heard MetLife is the best open air stadium to protect against wind and is almost like a dome. 

Just what I’ve heard. 
Didn’t Brady have a bad game there the year he broke the record when they played the jets during fantasy playoffs? I thought MetLife was brutal...

Can't find enough data last minute other than the higher the wind the more the game heads towards the under.  Maybe short passes?  It's windy in central jersey... I think I'm going to go with Goff against Dallas..

The winds in the Meadowlands are well known in December, it's a challenge throwing there if you're going against the wind. But even going with it is tricky since they swirl so much. Expect to see more running game and short passes.

They just showed warmups and it didn't seem windy on the field???  I have Slayton but can pull him for Kirk.
The flags on top of the goalposts don't show the true wind on the field. Always been that way because of the swirl.

Last edited by a moderator:
The winds in the Meadowlands are well known in December, it's a challenge throwing there if you're going against the wind. But even going with it is tricky since they swirl so much. Expect to see more running game and short passes.

The flags on top of the goalposts don't show the true wind on the field. Always been that way because of the swirl.
I has watching the players jackets and towels...jerseys...no flutter...that I saw...not goalposts

Am starting Sterling Shepherd despite wind. Other choices are Boyd vs very good NE pass defense or Beasley at Pitt. 

I am banking on Eli knowing how to pass in those conditions.

Crap, picked up Eli this week for the matchup, but may switch back to Cousins @ Chargers - worse matchup, perfect weather.

Users who are viewing this thread