What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cowboys vs Rams -Week 15 (1 Viewer)

3rd down and 3 they ho for a bomb. Wt f

I know they need to stretch the D but c'mon guys, just get a first and keep moving

Cowboys kicked instead of deferring so now Rams get ball to start both halves. So this guy trying to get fired now.

what is happening with the kickoff? wife won't stop talking.
Dak won the toss and said "we'll kick" instead of "we'll defer".  So he chose to kick.  Rams get to choose 2nd half if they want the ball or to kick (obviously will choose to receive).  Apparently ref asked Dak twice too.

So Cowboys win the toss, and Rams somehow get the ball to start the game and also the second half due to some dumb technicality. Only the Cowboys would allow this to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol NFL referees. that was a great clip they got of the ref not being able to hear or understand Dak as he stood right next to him. Really just shows the quality of the refs. If a guy can't hear or understand what Dak is saying after he tells him 3 times, how the hell can he keep up with a play

lol NFL referees. that was a great clip they got of the ref not being able to hear or understand Dak as he stood right next to him. Really just shows the quality of the refs. If a guy can't hear or understand what Dak is saying after he tells him 3 times, how the hell can he keep up with a play
It's pathetic and unacceptable. Whoever's NFL Head of Officiating better not have a job after this season.

Dak won the toss and said "we'll kick" instead of "we'll defer".  So he chose to kick.  Rams get to choose 2nd half if they want the ball or to kick (obviously will choose to receive).  Apparently ref asked Dak twice too.
As much as I love to laugh at Dallas's expense, this is really a good example of the NFL making the rule more complicated than it needs to be.  I mean, it should be obvious that Dallas didn't intend to kick off at the start of both halves.

I think he was trying to give Dak the benefit of the doubt and make sure he was really hearing the word "kick"

It's pathetic and unacceptable. Whoever's NFL Head of Officiating better not have a job after this season.
NFL tried to fix it and get full time refs in place.  Most of you were against the NFL using replacement refs and the NFL caved.  Unless you're one of the minority of posters here that supported the replacement refs, you get to reap the results of your victory.

Well it won't be to clinch the division next week. 

Still going to be a big game obviously.
Pretty much is for the div.  If Philly loses, Dallas clinches the div.  I Philly wins, it would be hard for Dallas to win the div (they need to beat the Skins AND have Philly lose to the Giants).

On the bright side, neither team will have to hear "you had a losing record, you don't deserve to host a playoff game"

NFL tried to fix it and get full time refs in place.  Most of you were against the NFL using replacement refs and the NFL caved.  Unless you're one of the minority of posters here that supported the replacement refs, you get to reap the results of your victory.
GET OFF MY LAWN

I am so confused. Did the cowboys get the second half kickoff after all? 

I am so confused. Did the cowboys get the second half kickoff after all? 
Yes.

Pretty dumb.  I think the ref indicated the wrong team won the coin toss and then when the rams said they deferred they waived away their right to take a kickoff, ever.  

They don't want to embarrass the old man so the rule stuck.

The right thing to do if you were Jason Garrett would be to decline, and just say you would take the sun or something.  Anything with honor since it was a clear #### up.

Users who are viewing this thread