What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rotoworld (1 Viewer)

J R

Footballguy
What is the point of copying and pasting all these Rotoworld blurbs into the Shark Pool?

That is the answer
So and so caught x passes for y yards today. He'll look to have a good game next week against so-and-so is news? It would be one thing if it were blurbs with actual news, but a lot of them are little more than stat lines. If people are coming here for that, maybe there needs to be a Shark Pool's Shark Pool.

So and so caught x passes for y yards today. He'll look to have a good game next week against so-and-so is news? It would be one thing if it were blurbs with actual news, but a lot of them are little more than stat lines. If people are coming here for that, maybe there needs to be a Shark Pool's Shark Pool.
:shrug:

it is what it is. you dont need to read it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to create that. I'll be staying here reading topics and posts that I choose to read.

I watch a lot of football but can't catch everything. Reason some of these blurbs are helpful to easily see how much a certain player was targeted and to get somebody's take on them. Sometimes I read them and think the person writing couldn't be more wrong but it gives me an idea of what other people are thinking. 

You've been around since '03, yet you are just complaining about this now? Should have jumped on that wagon before Faust's services here gained momentum. Faust is pretty much elevated to God status here in the shark pool (and rightfully so). I think you're the first person I can recall to ever complain about him. Congratulations.

J R said:
Fair enough. I'm surprised people find these useful, but if I'm in the minority I will shut up about it.
You're not wrong.  When I see a thread get bumped about a player in whom I'm interested it catches my eye.  Then I see that Faust is the newest post, so I just move on.  It's just a rehash of something that I've already read on Rotoworld.

It would be nice if the folks here could go spend 10 minutes reading Rotoworld blurbs, and then come here to discuss their thoughts/insights.

The thing I like and what I think is really important to what Faust (and @The Frankman) do here is even if you do read the threads ahead of time, when they get posted by those two in the thread, it kind of serves as a little bookmark or discussion guideline to the most recent news. That way there aren't people going off 50 different directions with conversation and you have to sift through the thread looking for relevant conversation. You can just go back up to the most recent Faust or Frankman post and everything below it will be about that blurb.

I appreciate Faust and Frankman's posts, but I do think that a little discretion on game day would help.  On a Sunday night when a topical player is being discussed, it does get buried by 30 topics on the first page about a roto blurb and sometimes gets lost in the mix.

You're not wrong.  When I see a thread get bumped about a player in whom I'm interested it catches my eye.  Then I see that Faust is the newest post, so I just move on.  It's just a rehash of something that I've already read on Rotoworld.

It would be nice if the folks here could go spend 10 minutes reading Rotoworld blurbs, and then come here to discuss their thoughts/insights.
I do exactly the same thing as you do.  I just don’t click on the topic if Faust is the latest post.

I'll chine in and say I also appreciate the Rotoworld blurbs.  It's one post in a thread - yes, it appears in a lot of different threads.  But it doesn't dominate any discussion, it's not false information.  Even if I hated it I'm sure I could find better things to complain about.

The thing I like and what I think is really important to what Faust (and @The Frankman) do here is even if you do read the threads ahead of time, when they get posted by those two in the thread, it kind of serves as a little bookmark or discussion guideline to the most recent news. That way there aren't people going off 50 different directions with conversation and you have to sift through the thread looking for relevant conversation. You can just go back up to the most recent Faust or Frankman post and everything below it will be about that blurb.
It's a great segways into a conversation about that latest news. No, I'm not going to go to Rotoworld and sift through that only to come here and comment on it, then have to catch others up. I dont have, or want to make, the time to do that 

Those posting these updates are what make the shark pool the shark pool. 

I'll go against the grain here.  Nothing wrong with what Faust does and for some people it's useful.  But PERSONALLY I wish the blurbs weren't re-posted. 

I also, like a few people in here  have said, will not click on a thread if Faust is the most recent poster.  Which kind of sucks because there could have been some good discussion above that post.  I know what my players did so I personally don't find value in reading their stat line again. 

If only there was a different spot on FBG that had all this information so player threads could be non-robotic insight and discussion on it.  Oh right... there is

No disrespect meant though, I'm just one person and his posts seem to appeal to the masses so I'm all for it.  Just think a lot of topics get ignored when the first page is filled with new posts just telling me a players stat line.

I read all the Roto posts then come here and read all of Faust’s just to make sure he’s not messing with us.  Those God’s can be tricky sometimes.  

I like that the articles are linked here.  Does anyone remember fflivewire.com?  It kind of reminds me of that.

I think I should apologize for potentially starting a chain reaction leading to @J R' s post.

A few weeks ago I had commented on how Rotoworld has progressively gotten more and more snarky with their updates starting last year. I am a longtime Rotoworld user and started occasionally updating players on my team with their post-game info every now and then back in 2016-2017, then doing it a bit more often last year to now. I have no idea who they use to do them, but it really got irritating after awhile.

After the Mike Evans injury last week they did a series of player updates touting Justin Watson as the player to own over Breshad Perriman and Scotty Miller (scheduled to come back from injury). To me this seemed ludicrous; Watson was a rookie who couldn't even beat out Perriman OR Miller and had played extremely limited snaps before last week's 5,8/59/1. To make matters worse they didn't even include any reasoning for it (coaches info, practice trends) because there wasn't any, their only reason was that Breshad Perriman was a first round bust. Plus, Scotty Miller back back after a hamstring injury during the week and all indications showed he'd take his starting spot back. I participated in a chat with Roto's Jesse Pantusco last Wednesday and at the 49 minute mark I asked him about the Perriman/Watson/Miller situation. He basically confirmed what I thought was obvious; short of injury Tampa Bay would go back to their earlier setup, with Godwin taking the Evans role, Perriman starting and Miller in the slot, with Watson possibly rotating with him. Yet over the next few days whoever did the Roto updates still seemed to favor Watson over Miller AND Perriman. I found that kinda irresponsible as again, there was nothing from the team or coaches to remotely indicate Watson would receive that big a promotion.

So today in the Breshad Perriman thread and the Bucs vs Lions - Week 15 thread I kind of went a little cray cray when Perriman exploded and Miller predictably played over Watson (before Miller tweaked his hammy again). It was in the Perriman thread J R posted about Faust and Rotoworld, and I guess that led to him making this thread.

I'll chine in and say I also appreciate the Rotoworld blurbs.  It's one post in a thread - yes, it appears in a lot of different threads.  But it doesn't dominate any discussion, it's not false information.  Even if I hated it I'm sure I could find better things to complain about.
The only thing I don't like about Rotoworld is how they waffle on players week to week based on how they just performed. One week the guys is a WR2 for the rest of the season, until he puts up a dud the following week, and it's he's nothing more than an WR3 and bench depth... until his next good game, when he's a WR2 again for the rest of the season. They come off like nothing more than fans playing in leagues and either trying to hype their own players or downplay their opponents.

Rotoworld is still the best and most important fantasy football tool.  Most serious fantasy football owners read it every day compulsively.  Rotoworld prognosticates minimally and keeps it professional and vanilla 99.9% of the time.  Rotoworld is the only fantasy football tool I could not do without.

This. They make the player threads easier to read because they usually line up with what people are talking about re that player.

Rotoworld is still the best and most important fantasy football tool.  Most serious fantasy football owners read it every day compulsively.  Rotoworld prognosticates minimally and keeps it professional and vanilla 99.9% of the time.  Rotoworld is the only fantasy football tool I could not do without.
This.  If you go to Rotoworld for interpretation, good luck.  If you go there for information... well, duh.

I'll go against the grain here.  Nothing wrong with what Faust does and for some people it's useful.  But PERSONALLY I wish the blurbs weren't re-posted. 

I also, like a few people in here  have said, will not click on a thread if Faust is the most recent poster.  Which kind of sucks because there could have been some good discussion above that post.  I know what my players did so I personally don't find value in reading their stat line again. 

If only there was a different spot on FBG that had all this information so player threads could be non-robotic insight and discussion on it.  Oh right... there is

No disrespect meant though, I'm just one person and his posts seem to appeal to the masses so I'm all for it.  Just think a lot of topics get ignored when the first page is filled with new posts just telling me a players stat line.
I was kind of thinking this, too.  Why have the news blog if we're just going to do it all over again in the Shark Pool?

Again, I'm probably a contrarian.  But I could not disagree more with the folks who say, "reposting articles from Rotoworld is what makes the Shark Pool the Shark Pool."  No, I expect that the Shark Pool is for folks who go and read Rotoworld (and others) and then come here and talk about that information.  If you need Rotoworld posted for you here... ARE YOU REALLY A SHARK???  #throwdown

I was kind of thinking this, too.  Why have the news blog if we're just going to do it all over again in the Shark Pool?

Again, I'm probably a contrarian.  But I could not disagree more with the folks who say, "reposting articles from Rotoworld is what makes the Shark Pool the Shark Pool."  No, I expect that the Shark Pool is for folks who go and read Rotoworld (and others) and then come here and talk about that information.  If you need Rotoworld posted for you here... ARE YOU REALLY A SHARK???  #throwdown
I dont care what you call me. I dont have the time to sift through it. I prefer my news and commentary in the same spot. If that doesnt make me a shark, who cares? To many people obsessed over themselves, the opinion of others, and labels. I can be Mr. Grouper if it means I can get all my info in one place. 

Maybe that'll be my next avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont care what you call me. I dont have the time to sift through it. I prefer my news and commentary in the same spot. If that doesnt make me a shark, who cares? To many people obsessed over themselves and the opinion of others. I can be Mr. Grouper if it means I can get all my info in one place. 
I CALL YOU A MINNOW, DAMMIT!!!

I'm just teasing.  What you find useful, I find annoying.  Different strokes for different folks.  But I have thought this for a while, and the OP seemed to be getting bagged on up front for a bit.  So I voiced my (similar) opinion.  We're all family here.

Minnow. 😄

I CALL YOU A MINNOW, DAMMIT!!!

I'm just teasing.  What you find useful, I find annoying.  Different strokes for different folks.  But I have thought this for a while, and the OP seemed to be getting bagged on up front for a bit.  So I voiced my (similar) opinion.  We're all family here.

Minnow. 😄
I get it. I am a little from column a, a little from column b on this topic. I appreciate the news updates, but I also dont go to threads where I see Faust or Frankman posting as I know what it likely is. Especially after the game is over. 

What I really wish is if I could get push notifications for certain players of interest. Sleeper does a great job but that gives you all players. Then I would be pounding the table to end the posts in the forums lol.

Happy to adjust the strategy a little here moving forward - the Rotoworld blurbs are helpful to many who want news on players in a “one stop shop” type of format and I always found that adding the information often stimulates discussion and debate that might otherwise not happen; however, I can see where the posting of the Rotoworld blurbs describing the game day performances of players could be overkill for some members of the Shark Pool. 

I do try to cultivate information from a number of sources, not just Rotoworld FWIW 

Users who are viewing this thread