What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bills at Steelers Week 15 (1 Viewer)

The offense gave this game away. Thanks again fichtner you moron. Can someone in this thread please fly to Pittsburgh & call plays in the 2nd half. Punch the idiot fichtner in his mouth while you're at it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously the phantom facemask penalty on Edmunds was horrible, but I saw an equally horrible "tackling the ball-carrier too hard" penalty in the Ten-Hou game earlier today.  These sorts of calls literally seem to occur in every single game.  The officiating in this league is an absolute travashamockery.

Today I learned that "according to Hoyle" is an English phrase that means "according to the rules".

(But I'm pretty sure that Al Michaels meant it as "according to what the bookmakers predicted"...)

Obviously the phantom facemask penalty on Edmunds was horrible, but I saw an equally horrible "tackling the ball-carrier too hard" penalty in the Ten-Hou game earlier today.  These sorts of calls literally seem to occur in every single game.  The officiating in this league is an absolute travashamockery.
agree - what can be done?

agree - what can be done?
I honestly don't know, but I'm pretty confident that we need full-time officials.  

I apologize if this comes across as "Bills fan complains about a call that went against the Bills" but it evened out with a turnover and no harm was done.  I'm just saying that that call was no worse than others that occurred in other games, and that's an NFL problem.

I cant wait for some more wildcat in the 2nd half. Or run, run, pass punt.  That's  been working too. The defense must really hate the offense right now. 

I honestly don't know, but I'm pretty confident that we need full-time officials.  

I apologize if this comes across as "Bills fan complains about a call that went against the Bills" but it evened out with a turnover and no harm was done.  I'm just saying that that call was no worse than others that occurred in other games, and that's an NFL problem.
doesn't come off like that to me at all. Is obviously a league-wide issue

I thought the officials were full time as of a couple years ago? no?

Looking at the replay on NFL.com, it was a high pass, just off the hands of a leaping Beasley.  He's only 5'8". 
The pass was tough, but it was catchable. An NFL receiver needs to make that play for his QB. Should Josh have put that a touch lower and taken a bit off? Sure, but if a ball hits a WR in both hands 15 yards downfield he needs to come down with it.

Some refs are full time now, but there are still plenty of part timers I believe. I think the vast majority are part time actually (no surprise as many of them are actually lawyers or other high powered professionals).

Conner's hurt and everyone knows it. We'll find out it's a serious AC joint injury at the end of the year. 

I hated that Wildcat call. That gets everyone but three guys at one moment in time with virtually no quarterback (Miami, circa whenever) in trouble. When you run the wildcat inside the ten often like the Steelers have been doing this year, it's announcing to the world you don't have faith in your quarterback. Stick it in the college time capsule with the wishbone and be done with it.  

Nope during the lockout, the NFL wanted 7 full time officials but refuesed to pay

Eta oops they started in 2017

In 2019 they stopped

Conner's hurt and everyone knows it. We'll find out it's a serious AC joint injury at the end of the year. 

I hated that Wildcat call. That gets everyone but three guys at one moment in time with virtually no quarterback in trouble. When you run the wildcat inside the ten often like the Steelers have been doing this year, it's announcing to the world you don't have faith in your quarterback. Stick it in the college time capsule with the wishbone and be done with it.  
Include Ronnie Brown and his 5-TD game versus the Patriots in 2008 in your time-capsule. Actually, the success lasted most of the year. But the magic was gone by 2009.

Include Ronnie Brown and his 5-TD game versus the Patriots in 2008 in your time-capsule. Actually, the success lasted most of the year. But the magic was gone by 2009.
I edited it to reflect that before you even posted. I was thinking of the three backs in Miami. That was 2008? Seems like even longer ago than that.  

I think everybody loves a Conner drive, dude's just hurt and that shoulder likely can't take the pounding that is requisite for every down backs. See: Cook, Dalvin. 

Users who are viewing this thread