What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF/Semifinal Miracle Thread (1 Viewer)

I need 3.97 from Lutz.  I can’t watch a kicker on MNF.  

I’m down with Lamar, Kelce, Chubb, Hopkins as half my lineup.  Cook and Henry hurt.  

If Josh Allen had 11 more passing yards his DST loses 5 points and I win.  

OR If Dalton had 1 less passing yard I gain 5 points and win.  

Going to be a stressful 24 hours.  

I'd need something really bizarre to happen. Up twelve to Brees and Cook, nothin' left. 

That would be statistically unlikely.  

Dang Laird, should have gone with my gut and Miller or Amendola. He's really slow and sort of looks terrible.

But yes, less than twelve.   

Last edited by a moderator:
About 7 FGs from Lutz and 2 defensive TDs by the Saints.  1% chance per CBSsports, it was 2% when Conner scored the  first TD. 

Ekeler, Golladay and Woods ran out of steam, and I faced Jameis. In baby name  popularity, Jameis is #16,826. It's bound to become more popular.

I'd need something really bizarre to happen. Up twelve to Brees and Cook, nothin' left. 

That would be statistically unlikely.  

Dang Laird, should have gone with my gut and Miller or Amendola. He's really slow and sort of looks terrible.

But yes, less than twelve.   
It's almost better to get it over with quickly, like a Brees to Cook TD on the first drive. 

It's almost better to get it over with quickly, like a Brees to Cook TD on the first drive. 
Yeah, almost better to chalk it up to a loss already and just sort of hope weirdly that they don't get injured so one doesn't feel guilty about the win.  

Not for me to win (I'm already in the loser bowl finals) but to get the 13th pick instead of the 15th or 16th I need Michael Thomas to score less than Eli Apple +5.

I need Darius Leonard to stay within 10 of Marlon Mack and Jack Doyle in an idp-heavy but ppr scoring format.  Unlikely but I’ll be cheering.  Don’t want to drop a second straight year to the same rival team!

I need Darius Leonard to stay within 10 of Marlon Mack and Jack Doyle in an idp-heavy but ppr scoring format.  Unlikely but I’ll be cheering.  Don’t want to drop a second straight year to the same rival team!
I just need Darius to keep pace with Cam Jordan. Have a little bit of a buffer so I feel alright. 

I'm up by 24 and my opponent has Paschal. 

I SHOULD be ok but stranger things have happened.

Could have had a very comfortable lead had  I stuck with my original lineup instead of swapping Miller for Kirk last minute

14 from Marcus Johnson.  Who's only in my lineup because Njoku was a late scratch.  I'd started Njoku over Golden Tate because I was a huge underdog.  If I'd started Tate instead I'd have lost by about a point, but his game had started by the time Njoku's news came out.  So it'd be a double miracle if Johnson scored 14 -- he shouldn't have been in my lineup at all.

Sorry Lutz owners. My opponent put the hex on me again. (He did after TNF congratulating me, I had Lamar)

I need four points from Lutz. He just sent out a league wide email congratulating me on the win. Then proceeded to drop Mack for Indy’s kicker. 

I have Brees in one league, face him in the other, lead both matchups.

I need Brees to score < 70, but also to stay within 16 points of Lutz + Saints DEF

Three leagues 

A. Michael Thomas to have a big game. Equal to either his week 5 or 10. 10/120/2 would get it done

B. Jared cook and will lutz to combine for 25 points. Let's say 4/50/1 for cook and 3 long field goals for Lutz. 

C. (Consolation bracket, winner gets an extra 1st round pick) Doyle and Lutz to score less than 40 (basically Doyle scores 3 TD will make it close)

Feeling good about C. B is probably going to be close. Not so good in A but it's possible.

Three leagues 

A. Michael Thomas to have a big game. Equal to either his week 5 or 10. 10/120/2 would get it done

B. Jared cook and will lutz to combine for 25 points. Let's say 4/50/1 for cook and 3 long field goals for Lutz. 

C. (Consolation bracket, winner gets an extra 1st round pick) Doyle and Lutz to score less than 40 (basically Doyle scores 3 TD will make it close)

Feeling good about C. B is probably going to be close. Not so good in A but it's possible.
20%

45%

95%

Bite your tongue - I'm with VikingFrog on this one.  I need less than 11.44 from Cook so I want him to lay a big fat goose egg. I am trying to withstand Drake, Jackson and Hill who combined for over 100 points in my league's PPR format. Luckily all of my players except Henry went off (should have started Waller) and I started Ekeler over Ingram which cost me a little over 10 points as well. 

I think you meant Brees to Thomas or Kamara :)  

I have both Kamara and Lutz, and need 27.5 points in an 0.5 PPR league. Otherwise, scoring is pretty much standard (decimal scoring, if it matters).

Kamara hasn't had a huge game since Week 3 at Seattle. He's had a high-ankle sprain since then and has run a little tentative much of the time. Still, two TDs and 100 yds with several receptions would get most of the way home. Or else one TD and 160 yards or so. Really needs to break the TD drought.

Anything Lutz does helps a lot. A three-FG game would be terrific. Any 50+ yarders count as 4 points each.

Thanks to the Cooper Pooper I need Mack to score less than 6.1.  Ugh!
I was also not thrilled with AC’s 1 catch night at home. 

fortunately Tyreek & Adams both came through for me, as did Carson & many of my IDP guys (thank you, 2-Int KJ Wright) 

that said I’m not sure imma trust AC next week at Philly. In what would ordinarily be a great spot, he’s maddeningly inconsistent. I’ll probably bite the bullet & field the team that got me there, but between injury & inconsistency he’s been a  nightmare to have this year. 

PPR League up by 43.66 with nobody left but my opponent has Brees, Thomas and Saints DST.

I'm certainly the underdog but crazy things can happen. The 3 Saints he has left average 51.90 total per week, so your saying there's a chance- slim chance but a chance.... 

Up 195-194, highest combined scoring game I can recall in our league in some time, a true slobberknocker.

I have Kamara he has Lutz.

PPR League up by 43.66 with nobody left but my opponent has Brees, Thomas and Saints DST.

I'm certainly the underdog but crazy things can happen. The 3 Saints he has left average 51.90 total per week, so your saying there's a chance- slim chance but a chance.... 
My most despised scenario. Prime time game that you’ll watch damn near every minute of, cheering every Int & fumble, steaming over every big play. Close enough to make a W possible, but just within the margin that makes it A bit unlikely. 

simply put, its death by 1,000 cuts. These are the worst of the worst games to watch, with a helpless, sinking feeling for 3 hours, and I empathize.

been there too many times. I think we all have. I’ll be rooting for ya.   :hifive:

My most despised scenario. Prime time game that you’ll watch damn near every minute of, cheering every Int & fumble, steaming over every big play. Close enough to make a W possible, but just within the margin that makes it A bit unlikely. 

simply put, its death by 1,000 cuts. These are the worst of the worst games to watch, with a helpless, sinking feeling for 3 hours, and I empathize.

been there too many times. I think we all have. I’ll be rooting for ya.   :hifive:
Yeah most likely scenario is Brees and Thomas start out slow giving me some false hope only to see it gradually slipping away before the end. At least my other team has pretty much wrapped up a trip to the ship, thank god since both were the #1 seed.

Yeah most likely scenario is Brees and Thomas start out slow giving me some false hope only to see it gradually slipping away before the end. At least my other team has pretty much wrapped up a trip to the ship, thank god since both were the #1 seed.
Oh ok, so you don’t “need” need a W to advance to the LCG? 

whew.

i went through it in an elimination game last year week 15. It was pretty much exactly as you’d described. I had no one left & a 35-ish point lead, my opponent had a QB & RB left. Early Int, early fumble had my opponent in negative. False hope. They both blew up in the 2nd half & I lost by less than 4 points. Naturally, I left points on the bench.

FF is a cruel mistress. 

Oh ok, so you don’t “need” need a W to advance to the LCG? 

whew.

i went through it in an elimination game last year week 15. It was pretty much exactly as you’d described. I had no one left & a 35-ish point lead, my opponent had a QB & RB left. Early Int, early fumble had my opponent in negative. False hope. They both blew up in the 2nd half & I lost by less than 4 points. Naturally, I left points on the bench.

FF is a cruel mistress. 
No, sorry another team in a different league, both dynasty leagues.

I need doyle and the NO defense toscore no more than 27.23 points...FBG say I havea 75% chance of ending the night happy..... 

I'm lucky enough to have cruised to the finals as the 1 seed. So it's being greedy, but in the spirit of the thread I need 27ish points from Mack tonight to face my preferred opponent in the championship game and attempt to 3-peat, which everyone is of course rooting against.

Yeah, almost better to chalk it up to a loss already and just sort of hope weirdly that they don't get injured so one doesn't feel guilty about the win.  
I prefer holding out hope throughout the entire game, stress-drinking while I do so, only to be deflated at the end.  Its a really great feeling right before the holidays.

ETA. sorry to hear about your avatar.  RIP.

I prefer holding out hope throughout the entire game, stress-drinking while I do so, only to be deflated at the end.  Its a really great feeling right before the holidays.
This is also my process. Fortunately I have a therapy dog. Ok, not actually a therapy dog, but I do feel better when she’s all cuddly. 

On the IDP side, I need Khari Willis to score >36.8 pts.

he scored 20 last week so I guess it is in the realm of possibility. Will need something like 12 solos/5 asst/1 int + a FF/FR or a few TFL  :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread