What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

waiver adds - week 16 (1 Viewer)

amendola if he got dropped ...and  he didnt do much against sf this week but gage if he is still out there.....oh and ward philly...can annybody guess what position I am targetting? 

oh and Hilton if he makes it through the game heathy.  Hope dropping him doesnt come back to bite me in the ###.  

oh and Hilton if he makes it through the game heathy.  Hope dropping him doesnt come back to bite me in the ###.  
Inman got signed to Indy too. I don’t suggest playing him but I’ve always found he’s a great bench guy-brings good ju-ju to the team.

JohnnyU said:
If you’re starting guys off the waiver wire in week 16 you’re probably in trouble anyway.
I started Perriman this week. Higbee this week and last. I benched Metcalf and Crowder. Crowder is my whack a mole this year. I technically didn't miss because he got outscored despite having a big game. 

It's fundamentally a good thing to be *able* to start waiver pickups in week 16. 

JohnnyU said:
If you’re starting guys off the waiver wire in week 16 you’re probably in trouble anyway.
Ive been starting WR 3s all year from the WW.....I finished top scorer and #1 in the regur season.  Im in the championship game after scoring in the 160s which is a very good score for our league  

I'd love to replace Melvin G with someone.  Can't trust that cat now. 
Melvin has had 11.2 fantasy points or more in each of his last 8 games.  Christian McCaffrey is the only other running back who can claim that.  Ekeler does hurt Gordon's ceiling a little bit but Gordon is still the 12th highest scoring fantasy running back since Week 7.

Melvin has had 11.2 fantasy points or more in each of his last 8 games.  Christian McCaffrey is the only other running back who can claim that.  Ekeler does hurt Gordon's ceiling a little bit but Gordon is still the 12th highest scoring fantasy running back since Week 7.
I hear you but I'm in a non-ppr and the fumbles worry me.  But yea, best to just roll him out there again, he's been a great #2 back for me.

JohnnyU said:
Not true. I have Cook and Mattison both hurt. 

I also like to block my opponent who lost Godwin, so I'm grabbing Perriman ahead of him. 

Yep...2007 in a home loss to the Eagles. It was my 3rd year playing FF that team only lost 2 games all year including the 'Ship game. Had I started the Bears D over the Packers in a cold Brett Favre mail it in game, Ida won. I'm still not bitter...really🤐 

Lesson: Play It till the whistle blows. 

Perriman and Higbee are still out there.  Playoff teams were set at TE, or so they thought.  Trying to get both, will start Higbee over Henry if I get him.

Could start Perriman over one of Boyd, Sutton or McLaurin, Need 2WR besides Hill.  At worst my opponent cant use them.  This is the last week, so I'm dropping my backup QB, I will not need him at this point.

Championship week! Congrats to all who've made it this far and good luck in securing that trophy. 

As you can imagine, since this week is most likely the last week of the FF season, the WW adds are going to be somewhat abridged (and somewhat more obvious) as we ONLY need them for 1 week:

QB's:

• Fitzpatrick - up against Cincy - like both Fitz & Minshew as a possible top10 QB this week
  • Minshew - vs. ATL

RB's:

• Mike Boone - clearly the #1 RB priority. If both Cook & Mattison are out, then Boone could have RB2 floor for you
  • Boston Scott - higher value in PPR, but still a decent floor in standard as well
  • Myles Gaskin - still think Laird is the "starter", but he's just not a very good RB aside from PPR
  • Kerryon Johnson - might be back this week; if so, could be a decent flex play
  • Gus Edwards - similar to previous weeks - clear handcuff + has standalone value week to week

WR's:

• Breshad Perriman  - obviously the top WW target...period. 
  • Anthony Miller - likely added last week(s), but if not they'd be my #2 add at WR
  • Chris Conley - if Chark is out = someone has to catch passes, right??
  • John Brown - if dropped, worth an add as a high ceiling play (low floor tho)
  • Justin Watson - Godwin out now too, Perriman looks like the GUY, but TE's and TB's WR2 can all have value
  • Danny Amendola - similar to TB/ JAX - top Wr's out, someone needs to catch passes
  • Kenny Stills - has the speed and the matchup looks to be a shootout. Could easily get 1-2 more TD's
  • James Washington - had a down week in 14, but still looks to be a primary target of Duck
  • Greg Ward - looks to be the only consistent WR in Philly

TE's:

• Tyler Higbee - should already be owned, but if not, needs to be.
  • OJ Howard - top 2 WR's out and Winston greeted his TE's (Howard & Brate) with a "Hey, y'all are going to get the rock"... could be a top 5 TE this week
  • Cam Brate - see above
  • Jonnu Smith - with the TE landscape, he could net TE1 value this week 

Defense:

• KC - again; looked good last week and get a Bears team who still has no offensive gameplan
  • NO - @ TEN 
  • IND v. TEN
  • DEN v. DET

My drops:

Honestly, anyone you:

• don't intend to use this week
  • don't think could burn you by being on your opponents team this week,
  • think could trick your opponent into adding that will screw them over

Good luck all!!!

D. Washington could be back on the radar.

Just watched a Gruden press conference and while he went on about how tough he thought Jacobs was he mentioned how he could barely get his shoulder pads off and he would be quesitonable for the next couple games...not just this week. Sounds like he could be done.

Matchup @LAC not fantastic, but if he gets the touches like he did before he could be a solid flex.

That is, assuming OAK hasn't completely mailed it in after that terrible last second loss.

Some of these waivers grabs are really iffy... most people should've grabbed the guys mentioned last week. Here are  list of guys who should be available and could be set up for Bear:

Mike Boone, RB - Vikings (vs. GB) - If Cook is out but Mattison plays Boone is a Flex at least; if Mattison is out also Boone walks into a 20+ touch role vs. a team giving up the 8th most FP to RBs.

Justin Watson, WR - Bucs (vs. Hou) - People probably dropped this guy once Scotty Miller came back (if they picked him up at all). Right now the Bucs' only receivers are Perriman, Watson, 6'0/196 Ishmael Hyman, and 5'9/183 track star Cyril Grayson. Jameis Winston is the living incarnation of Brett Favre and Rex Grossman and doesn't care who he throws to, friend or foe.

DeAndre Washington, RB - Raiders (@ LAC) - Word was after the game Josh Jacobs could barely get his equipment off. With the Raiders eliminated no sense in having him play hampered and Washington would slide back into a starting role.

Greg Ward, WR - Iggles (vs. Dal) - I'm not thrilled with this pick as Ward would be stepping into a tough matchup against Byron Jones, and Philly will target their RBs and TEs more. He's not an boom or an upside play; there are better WRs in better situations to target but he's worth a look as a Flex.

Kai Forbath, K - Cowboys (@ PHI) - Forbath has pretty much made every kick since being signed by Dallas. In a position where you stream heavily if he's still on the wire grab him. I also like Robbie Gould vs. LAR, but he might be owned.

Can we take a second to point out how weird it is to scoop Perriman off waivers after him being such a coveted WR and hopes of this when people drafted him. Now, he is playing like we all thought he was capable.

Glad to see him having success after all his injuries. His talent is there if healthy. 

Lost Godwin and Perriman is rostered by my opponent which hurts me at my weakest position. Looking at James Washington or Curtis Samuel to plug into the flex. BUT maybe have to claim Boone to keep him away from my opponent who would start him. Guh.  Also need a streamer D. Looking at you Tennessee. 

If you're TE mandatory and have a bad matchup Hollister will score at least once vs AZ.  Maybe twice.
I am choosing between Higbee and Hollister, and I'm bound to play the wrong one and, in the words of your namesake, I'll get nothing and like it. 

My drops:

Honestly, anyone you:

• don't intend to use this week
  • don't think could burn you by being on your opponents team this week,
  • think could trick your opponent into adding that will screw them over
Always a good post -- the trick is threading the needle between the first two and picking up someone you think can help your opponent.

I have the luxury of shedding Engram, so I'll be gunning for Perriman or Boone, in that order (esp. since my opponent is likely trotting out Winston). I want to pick them both up to get the second guy, will need to drop Laird, who isn't a world-beater, but may actually have a good game.

This might not be the best example as Cook somehow may still go and they have Mattison (and Abdullah for that matter, who might be sneaky if both Cook and Mattison don't go).

But point stands that this week, with the ship on the line, playing keep-away while not arming your opponent makes for some hard decision -- anyone got some choices they are agonizing over in this regard?

Perriman and Higbee are still out there.  Playoff teams were set at TE, or so they thought.  Trying to get both, will start Higbee over Henry if I get him.

Could start Perriman over one of Boyd, Sutton or McLaurin, Need 2WR besides Hill.  At worst my opponent cant use them.  This is the last week, so I'm dropping my backup QB, I will not need him at this point.
I got Gordon/Ekler and then Freeman as my Flex. Ertz at TE and Landry and Sutton my WRs right now with JuJu warming the pine for most of the year (It's a keeper league or I'd have cut him already in redraft). I got Noah Fant and Micheal but I got JJAW and Guice with Ridley in my IR spot so I'm trying to drop JJAW and or Guice for both Higbee and Ward. I'm also trying to get Boston Scott for kicks and giggles. 

I am choosing between Higbee and Hollister, and I'm bound to play the wrong one and, in the words of your namesake, I'll get nothing and like it. 

Always a good post -- the trick is threading the needle between the first two and picking up someone you think can help your opponent.

I have the luxury of shedding Engram, so I'll be gunning for Perriman or Boone, in that order (esp. since my opponent is likely trotting out Winston). I want to pick them both up to get the second guy, will need to drop Laird, who isn't a world-beater, but may actually have a good game.

This might not be the best example as Cook somehow may still go and they have Mattison (and Abdullah for that matter, who might be sneaky if both Cook and Mattison don't go).

But point stands that this week, with the ship on the line, playing keep-away while not arming your opponent makes for some hard decision -- anyone got some choices they are agonizing over in this regard?
I'm in a keeper league and some of the guys I could drop are at least keeper worthy to a roster. I mean we only keep 4 but I got a few owners in my league who could be suckered into taking 1 of the guys I would drop do to their own keeper issues. 

Interesting...is it because of the matchups (SF/AZ)?

I would think while Everett is out Higbee is a slam dunk while Hollister is more TD-dependent. SEA defense could keep AZ offense in check and run Carson successfully just like Chubb just did.

Was not able to land either Perriman or Boone, instead picked up A Miller. Lamenting on J Watson still. Just potential Flex plays. Most likely will start DK Metcalf in the Flex. I'm consumed in all of it. With all the attention on Perriman now perhaps Watson shines a lil this week?

Users who are viewing this thread