Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
grateful zed

waiver adds - week 16

16 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

It's a trap.

Missed out on Perriman. Hope you're right. Maybe I just avoided a goose egg.

Managed to grab both Boone and Mattison. Cook owner out so they both slipped. Now just need Cook ruled out.

24 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

It's a trap.

Its definitely possible but with the way Winston throws and their inability to run playing against a pass sieve defense I can see Perriman and Watson both being good plays. Evans, Godwin, Miller all out. All he has left is Perriman, Watson, and his TEs. Maybe Perriman only gets 70 yards and 0 TD but I think in this passing offense that's his floor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Its definitely possible but with the way Winston throws and their inability to run playing against a pass sieve defense I can see Perriman and Watson both being good plays. Evans, Godwin, Miller all out. All he has left is Perriman, Watson, and his TEs. Maybe Perriman only gets 70 yards and 0 TD but I think in this passing offense that's his floor.

I might start Perriman, too.  He is in a good situation.  My other option is Chark.  But if Perriman gets 2 catches for 22 yards, I won't be surprised.

Arians brings up the point that because of injuries they will need to involve RB's and TE's into the passing game. Well, thank you Mr. Obvious. Winston is gonna wing it and his first two reads go to the WR position, then TE or dump off RB, unless someone changes the game script for him? He's just too used to throwing to Evans and Godwin and now we have the next men up whom seem to be up for the task.

Perriman and Watson most involved. Watson spots an opportunity to shine next.

9 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Watson spots an opportunity to shine next.

The Bucs might even be gameplanning to feature Watson knowing that the Texans' defense will focus on Perriman.

• Like 1

Somehow landed Perriman, Boone, and Chark(was dropped last week)

im feeling a whole lot better about my WRs after starting Kirk and J Brown last week 

30 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

The Bucs might even be gameplanning to feature Watson knowing that the Texans' defense will focus on Perriman.

HOU can’t stop anybody 

Edited by Wrigley

6 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

HOU can’t stop anybody 

Since their Week 10 bye, only 2 wide receivers have scored more than 9 fantasy points against the Texans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

Since their Week 10 bye, only 2 wide receivers have scored more than 9 fantasy points against the Texans.

TEs have been killing them 

HOU strength isn’t their secondary 

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

AJ Brown destroyed them last week. The week before the Broncos and Drew Lock put up 38 on them. James White destroyed them the week before that. They held the passing game poor Colts down the week before that. LJax threw for 4 TDs the week before that.

Look maybe it hasn't been all WRs but their PASS defense is dreadful. SOMEBODY in the TB passing attack is going to have a monster game. They don't have many bodies left so Perriman has as much a chance as anybody.

Landed Perriman, opponent landed Higbee, (Higbee was my #1, but he had the higher priority as I was the #1 seed) he already has Kittle at TE and did it just to block me.  

Going to be rolling with Henry at TE and likely Perriman over Boyd.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:18 PM, JohnnyU said:

If you’re starting guys off the waiver wire in week 16 you’re probably in trouble anyway.

Add/Drop Defense, baby. "Paging Boone to my bench...Mike Boone to my bench, please."

I'd love to flex Boone this week but a Monday night game is pretty meh. My guess is Cook and Mattison are out this week. People are speculating Mattison has a HAS. When do you think the team will declear people out for a Monday game?

I picked up Perriman instead of Boone (flex) because the uncertainy of the MN running situation and the late start of game make playing him too risky.  I like Perriman's situation with little competition for looks and weak opposition D.

Edited by az_prof

49 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

I'd love to flex Boone this week but a Monday night game is pretty meh. My guess is Cook and Mattison are out this week. People are speculating Mattison has a HAS. When do you think the team will declear people out for a Monday game?

Unfortunately, I'm guessing Monday which would be too late for me.

I will be debating Laird, D. Washington, Mattison, and Boone for my last flex spot up until Sunday at 1. If no news on Cook, the MN backfield will be dead to me.

2 hours ago, Weebs210 said:

There's a strategic advantage, however small, to keep GB (and all of us) guessing, so I doubt we hear anything definitive before Monday.

However, the game isn't as important as it seems on paper. Even if Minnesota wins, GB has the tiebreaker and would have to lose to Detroit in week 17 (and the Vikings would have to win vs. Chicago) for the Vikings to move up, while they only need one win (vs. GB or Chi) or a LAR loss (@SF or vs. Ari) to clinch, which may have already happened by Monday night. Playing their gimpy bell cow to improve their chances at an already unlikely reward seems unnecessarily risky to me.

I think the chances of Cook playing are slim to none, with Mattison's chances being better but still low. Owning both Mattison and Boone would be the ideal position, but relying on Boone alone may still be worth it based on your particular risk/reward scenario and next-best option. If you're a significant underdog and need some home runs to win it's probably worth it if your other options don't have similar upsides.

• Like 3