What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16: Championship Week (What teams are still trying?) (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
We have three Saturday games this week. Anything worth monitoring?

Who is giving up?  Who is playing for what.

Ravens @ Browns?  If the Patriots lose Saturday, do the Ravens have anything to play for?  

The Browns are technically alive? I don’t trust Landry or OBJ.  Can we trust Chubb? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamar has the MVP on the line.  He might also be looking to get 40 passing touchdowns and 4,000 yards passing.
Lamar could reach 40 TD's with 7 more vs CLE & PIT, but no way he nears 4,000 yards passing.  He would need to average 556 passing yards in his last 2 games.

BAL gets home field throughout the playoffs with a win this week.  The only teams that can take that away are NE and KC.  Since KC plays after them this week, BAL will be giving it their all this week.  CLE isn't going to roll over either.  Chubb has the rushing title on the line.  And better yet, CLE would love nothing more than to beat BAL twice this year.  Should make for a good game. 

Lamar could reach 40 TD's with 7 more vs CLE & PIT, but no way he nears 4,000 yards passing.  He would need to average 556 passing yards in his last 2 games.

BAL gets home field throughout the playoffs with a win this week.  The only teams that can take that away are NE and KC.  Since KC plays after them this week, BAL will be giving it their all this week.  CLE isn't going to roll over either.  Chubb has the rushing title on the line.  And better yet, CLE would love nothing more than to beat BAL twice this year.  Should make for a good game. 
That is if they use Chubb. He’s a first half monster then disappears because Kitchens

Hunt has gotten some carries and most receptions. Chubb becoming TD dependent.  If they go down more than 8 to a team they go hurry up pass heavy. Kitchens is an idiot. 
Absolutely wrong...

In the first 8 games without Hunt, Chubb averaged 100.4 rushing yards per game.  In the last 6 games with Hunt, Chubb averaged 100.8 rushing yards per game.  He's had more 100 yard rushing games with Hunt than without, and in less games.  His YPC has remained at 5.2, with and without Hunt.  Without Hunt, he was RB6 through 8 games.  With Hunt, he is RB7 through 6 games.  I wouldn't call Chubb TD dependent, when he has only scored twice in 6 games, while racking up over 120 yards per game with Hunt.

That is if they use Chubb. He’s a first half monster then disappears because Kitchens
CLE has undoubtedly the best 1-2 RB duo in the NFL.  They don't have to lean on Chubb a ton when Hunt is the alternative.  I'm not saying CLE is gonna win, but I will say it wouldn't take a great game from Chubb to do it.

CLE has undoubtedly the best 1-2 RB duo in the NFL.  They don't have to lean on Chubb a ton when Hunt is the alternative.  I'm not saying CLE is gonna win, but I will say it wouldn't take a great game from Chubb to do it.
I’m saying Chubb dominates the first half and is always around 12 for 100 and then finishes with 15-17 carries. This has been over the past month as they lean on Hunt in passing situations. Kitchens is a disaster.  If the Ravens get up 8 or more they’ll abandon Chubb. 

I’m saying Chubb dominates the first half and is always around 12 for 100 and then finishes with 15-17 carries. This has been over the past month as they lean on Hunt in passing situations. Kitchens is a disaster.  If the Ravens get up 8 or more they’ll abandon Chubb. 
I was only trying to point out that Chubb is far from TD dependent.  You are correct about the rest.

The bright side - Chubb averaged over 8 YPC only once this season - it was against the Ravens.  Chubb had 3 TD's only once this season - it was against the Ravens.

The dark side - Chubb's snaps have went down every single week since Hunt's return (57, 51, 43, 41, 39, 35).  Chubb has outsnapped Hunt only once over the last 4 games.

Lamar has the MVP on the line.  He might also be looking to get 40 passing touchdowns and 4,000 yards passing.
He's gonna get 1100 passing yards over the next 2 weeks? 

I think Baltimore will play everyone in week 16, for as long as the game is in question.  Week 17, I'd expect they sit, if they've secured the #1.

He's gonna get 1100 passing yards over the next 2 weeks? 

I think Baltimore will play everyone in week 16, for as long as the game is in question.  Week 17, I'd expect they sit, if they've secured the #1.
I thought he had a few hundred more passing yards than that.  He won't even get 3,500 passing yards.

Dallas @ Philly should be absolute fireworks. Must win for Philly here, Dallas could get in even with a loss this week, but they're on a roll.

On a roll? They won one game in a row.

I guess they are on a roll like one stain in your underwear is a streak
philly fan here, so yea, sarcasm.  but still, winner of this one should win the division. well, if dallas wins then they're in, if philly wins week 17 will matter. so, to the OP's topic, this game should be safe starts across the board for fantasy.

philly fan here, so yea, sarcasm.  but still, winner of this one should win the division. well, if dallas wins then they're in, if philly wins week 17 will matter. so, to the OP's topic, this game should be safe starts across the board for fantasy.
I agree as long as Howard is out Sanders is a must play as well as your normal Dallas guys. 

MIN may take issue with you.

Users who are viewing this thread