Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

Week 16: Championship Week (What teams are still trying?)

We have three Saturday games this week. Anything worth monitoring?

Who is giving up?  Who is playing for what.

Ravens @ Browns?  If the Patriots lose Saturday, do the Ravens have anything to play for?  

The Browns are technically alive? I don’t trust Landry or OBJ.  Can we trust Chubb? 

Edited by Gottabesweet

9 hours ago, themitch said:

I fully trust Chubb - he's elite and Hunt has not done anything to stop that.

Hunt has gotten some carries and most receptions. Chubb becoming TD dependent.  If they go down more than 8 to a team they go hurry up pass heavy. Kitchens is an idiot. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Ravens @ Browns?  If the Patriots lose Saturday, do the Ravens have anything to play for?  

Lamar has the MVP on the line.  He might also be looking to get 40 passing touchdowns and 4,000 yards passing.

11 minutes ago, packer_junkie said:

Ravens can't clinch the 1 seed without a win and a KC loss. No worries of resting guys there

I believe the Ravens clinch with a win this week, no matter what KC & NE do. Or a loss plus KC/NE losses

22 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Lamar has the MVP on the line.  He might also be looking to get 40 passing touchdowns and 4,000 yards passing.

Lamar could reach 40 TD's with 7 more vs CLE & PIT, but no way he nears 4,000 yards passing.  He would need to average 556 passing yards in his last 2 games.

BAL gets home field throughout the playoffs with a win this week.  The only teams that can take that away are NE and KC.  Since KC plays after them this week, BAL will be giving it their all this week.  CLE isn't going to roll over either.  Chubb has the rushing title on the line.  And better yet, CLE would love nothing more than to beat BAL twice this year.  Should make for a good game. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Lamar could reach 40 TD's with 7 more vs CLE & PIT, but no way he nears 4,000 yards passing.  He would need to average 556 passing yards in his last 2 games.

BAL gets home field throughout the playoffs with a win this week.  The only teams that can take that away are NE and KC.  Since KC plays after them this week, BAL will be giving it their all this week.  CLE isn't going to roll over either.  Chubb has the rushing title on the line.  And better yet, CLE would love nothing more than to beat BAL twice this year.  Should make for a good game. 

That is if they use Chubb. He’s a first half monster then disappears because Kitchens

2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Hunt has gotten some carries and most receptions. Chubb becoming TD dependent.  If they go down more than 8 to a team they go hurry up pass heavy. Kitchens is an idiot. 

TD dependant?  He's the league leader in rushing yards with 1,408 and 4 out of past 6 games were 100+ yard rushing ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Absolutely wrong...

In the first 8 games without Hunt, Chubb averaged 100.4 rushing yards per game.  In the last 6 games with Hunt, Chubb averaged 100.8 rushing yards per game.  He's had more 100 yard rushing games with Hunt than without, and in less games.  His YPC has remained at 5.2, with and without Hunt.  Without Hunt, he was RB6 through 8 games.  With Hunt, he is RB7 through 6 games.  I wouldn't call Chubb TD dependent, when he has only scored twice in 6 games, while racking up over 120 yards per game with Hunt.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

That is if they use Chubb. He’s a first half monster then disappears because Kitchens

CLE has undoubtedly the best 1-2 RB duo in the NFL.  They don't have to lean on Chubb a ton when Hunt is the alternative.  I'm not saying CLE is gonna win, but I will say it wouldn't take a great game from Chubb to do it.

32 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

CLE has undoubtedly the best 1-2 RB duo in the NFL.  They don't have to lean on Chubb a ton when Hunt is the alternative.  I'm not saying CLE is gonna win, but I will say it wouldn't take a great game from Chubb to do it.

I’m saying Chubb dominates the first half and is always around 12 for 100 and then finishes with 15-17 carries. This has been over the past month as they lean on Hunt in passing situations. Kitchens is a disaster.  If the Ravens get up 8 or more they’ll abandon Chubb. 

7 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I’m saying Chubb dominates the first half and is always around 12 for 100 and then finishes with 15-17 carries. This has been over the past month as they lean on Hunt in passing situations. Kitchens is a disaster.  If the Ravens get up 8 or more they’ll abandon Chubb. 

I was only trying to point out that Chubb is far from TD dependent.  You are correct about the rest.

The bright side - Chubb averaged over 8 YPC only once this season - it was against the Ravens.  Chubb had 3 TD's only once this season - it was against the Ravens.

The dark side - Chubb's snaps have went down every single week since Hunt's return (57, 51, 43, 41, 39, 35).  Chubb has outsnapped Hunt only once over the last 4 games.

• Like 1

Chubb could be the best runner in the NFL, imo. He flies, he is a monster, and he is elusive. In the open field, could be the toughest out for a defender. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Chubb has outsnapped Hunt only once over the last 4 games.

This is criminal, imo. Hunt is good, Chubb is far superior. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWinz said:

CLE has undoubtedly the best 1-2 RB duo in the NFL. 

That would actually be Carolina 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

He's gonna get 1100 passing yards over the next 2 weeks? 

I think Baltimore will play everyone in week 16, for as long as the game is in question.  Week 17, I'd expect they sit, if they've secured the #1.

Edited by Bayhawks

4 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

He's gonna get 1100 passing yards over the next 2 weeks? 

I think Baltimore will play everyone in week 16, for as long as the game is in question.  Week 17, I'd expect they sit, if they've secured the #1.

I thought he had a few hundred more passing yards than that.  He won't even get 3,500 passing yards.

Edited by Don Hutson

4 minutes ago, Pigskin Fanatic said:

Dallas @ Philly should be absolute fireworks. Must win for Philly here, Dallas could get in even with a loss this week, but they're on a roll.

On a roll? They won one game in a row.

I guess they are on a roll like one stain in your underwear is a streak

• Laughing 3

2 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

On a roll? They won one game in a row.

I guess they are on a roll like one stain in your underwear is a streak

philly fan here, so yea, sarcasm.  but still, winner of this one should win the division. well, if dallas wins then they're in, if philly wins week 17 will matter. so, to the OP's topic, this game should be safe starts across the board for fantasy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

That would actually be Carolina 

Strictly by FF #'s, I agree.  CMC could actually be paired with any of 90+ other NFL RB's and CAR would still top the list.  He is that far ahead in the points race.

1 hour ago, Pigskin Fanatic said:

philly fan here, so yea, sarcasm.  but still, winner of this one should win the division. well, if dallas wins then they're in, if philly wins week 17 will matter. so, to the OP's topic, this game should be safe starts across the board for fantasy.

I agree as long as Howard is out Sanders is a must play as well as your normal Dallas guys. 

What teams do we feel out of it that won’t play for their coach and lay down? Also a good question. 

42 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

What teams do we feel out of it that won’t play for their coach and lay down? Also a good question. 

Following... 🍿

I'm thinking about adding Perriman for my Super Bowl. The Bucs still seem to care, right??

Edited by RickyRolled
notify replies

3 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Cleveland.

Which would be bad for my L. Jackson.

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Cleveland.

I was afraid of that was well. 

9 hours ago, TheWinz said:

MIN may take issue with you.

41 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Cleveland.

Why?  So he gets his 5 TDs in the first half?  And no way Cle lays down in this game.