What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Employment Lawyers - Need Advice (1 Viewer)

TheWalkmen

Footballguy
Hello, I believe there are several employment lawyers here; may I PM any of you to briefly describe an issue and get your take on how to proceed? @bigbottom 

I can write up some detail here, but not sure it’s in my best interest.

Not a lawyer. Didn't stay at a holiday Inn express last night. 

1. Are you a minority, female, disabled, or gay?

2. Do you have an employment contract? Or maybe an implied contract?

3. Is there any issue of criminality?

4. If the answer to #1, #2, and #3 is no, then you probably don't need a lawyer and are likely screwed.. 

Did I mention I am not a lawyer?  

Not a lawyer. Didn't stay at a holiday Inn express last night. 

1. Are you a minority, female, disabled, or gay?

2. Do you have an employment contract? Or maybe an implied contract?

3. Is there any issue of criminality?

4. If the answer to #1, #2, and #3 is no, then you probably don't need a lawyer and are likely screwed.. 

Did I mention I am not a lawyer?  
No, no, and no. Would go the route of possible harassment based on some internet research and some things that happened. I did have a retention bonus in place through May 2020 to keep me there, then my job was eliminated.

ETA: I’m wondering if the retention bonus could be an implied contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no, and no. Would go the route of possible harassment based on some internet research and some things that happened. I did have a retention bonus in place through May 2020 to keep me there, then my job was eliminated.
Did you report the harassment prior to being let go?  

ETA: I’m wondering if the retention bonus could be an implied contract.
Go on... :popcorn:

Probably not an implied contract. Guessing here, but that was probably to keep you from leaving, not binding the company to you. 

Probably not definitive

Point to where the bad man hurt you.🎅
I did make an assumption that the harassment was not of a sexual nature since he didn't say "sexual harassment." 

I do actually know of a case where a male got a settlement for saying he was sexually harassed at work regularly and that the harassment then led to the belief of his boss that he was gay.  Simple version is another male coworker used to make comments about him being gay on a semi regular basis. He was not gay. He was let go from his position. He filed a suit saying he was let go because his boss believed that he was gay. So technically a discrimination claim, but harassment led to the claim so to speak.   

I did make an assumption that the harassment was not of a sexual nature since he didn't say "sexual harassment." 

I do actually know of a case where a male got a settlement for saying he was sexually harassed at work regularly and that the harassment then led to the belief of his boss that he was gay.  Simple version is another male coworker used to make comments about him being gay on a semi regular basis. He was not gay. He was let go from his position. He filed a suit saying he was let go because his boss believed that he was gay. So technically a discrimination claim, but harassment led to the claim so to speak.   
My bad, I reread and answered my question. 

Do you know the size of the settlement he received?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread