What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wentz or Fitzmagic? (1 Viewer)

Coolerheads

Footballguy
20th year in this league, I'm the only 14-0 team ever, but if I blow it now, it won't matter much.

Wentz has thrown for at least a TD every game, but it's a tougher matchup, and he has no WRs. Playing well against bad Ds, but even at home, I'm leery. Even more so with Fitzpatrick, much better matchup, but I could see him turning back into a pumpkin and throwing 250-0-2 at the worst possible time.

My RBs, the Pats D, and Andrews/Higbee should be enough anyway, but I'm debating this high floor/high ceiling thing. 

Any additional insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are you ok losing with? Start them. I'd check Projections. Phi passing to Take, RB so that's cool. Ertz Goedert Sanders Ward.

I'd probably go Fitzmagic, steady. Unless you can't. My opponent in title has Fitz and Trubisky. 

I think Wentz is the safer play here. Even without anyone to throw to. Dallas essentially has no LB, and with the skilled TEs as one of the only options... might be a route to take for Philly. 

As you said, Fitzmagik can quickly turn into Fitztragik at any moment. You don't want that moment to be now. 

I'd go Fitzpatrick honestly. Even if he has a bad NFL game, I think Fitz will see enough volume to make up for it, ala Winston. 

Thanks, to all of you. I don't often ask for assistance, but it's good to have extra voices in my head to think things through. (Insert joke here: Like I need more voices in my head.)

But man, I almost wish I was 13-1, the pressure here is intense...

Anyway, I'm running with:

FitzMAGIC
Carson (GOLD)
Ingram (GOLD)
Ward 
Kirk (should be behind in the first quarter)
A. Miller (same, and the past few weeks, he's been as good as AR II)
Chubb as my flex!
Koo
Patriots, to show them pesky Bills who's boss of the division.

Those are my starts, with Hunt, Wentz and Higbee as viable options on the bench. (Yeah, there is a reason I'm 14-0 this year.) Also, following game script, slight chance I end up with Hunt instead of Chubb, as they will likely be behind early; But Kitchens is a moron, and  I'm already starting Fitzpatrick in championship week, so that's enough chances taken, thanks. GPP only.

He's got:
Ryan (yikes)
Laird (Ha. I'm laughing at these RB zero guys this year, but that's his best other option)
Henry (A god, but against NO, not expecting a blow-up game against that run D and nursing a hammy)
Allen (that could be the killer)
Kupp (at SF)
R. Anderson (at Pittsburgh)
Waller (ouch! Who else are they going to throw to when they are behind 14-0 in the 1st quarter?)
Elliott (K)
Bills, on the road at NE. I ain't scared.

As I post this, Yahoo, where this is playing out,  has me favored by about 10, as does the FBG projections. So over 60% win.  

Really think this is going to happen, his roster is mostly a few good players going off, and outside of my WRs*, I should still crush.

Please tell me what you think.

*Oh yeah: I lost Evans, Ridley and M. Jones Jr. on my week 14 bye. 
If anyone "deserves" this, it's me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread