What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Watson, WR KC (1 Viewer)

Team Smokin'

Footballguy
With all the attention given B Perriman with injuries to Evans & Godwin, enter Justin Watson, 6'3" 215 WR from Pennslyvania round 5 pick 2018.

He could actually become a potential start in what many call Championship Week in fantasy football. Our league goes the full 17 weeks and Watson sits on the FA as I am eyeing him. 

What happens next year? Back to a WR 4/5 on his own team?

With all the attention given B Perriman with injuries to Evans & Godwin, enter Justin Watson, 6'3" 215 WR from Pennslyvania round 5 pick 2018.

He could actually become a potential start in what many call Championship Week in fantasy football. Our league goes the full 17 weeks and Watson sits on the FA as I am eyeing him. 

What happens next year? Back to a WR 4/5 on his own team?
If he shows out he could go to #3. He seemed to line up both inside and outside...Perriman has had one good game, but has put up more misses than hits.

I'd like to see him get more playing time as he's shown flashes in the pre-season and even a bit in the regular season, but the coaching staff doesn't seem to be too fond of him. They've been giving Scotty Miller (a rookie that this staff drafted) more reps than him as the WR4 all year, and obviously Evans, Godwin and even now Perriman have seemed to secure their roles ahead of Watson as the top 3 WR's. I don't see him being much more than a WR4/5 on the Bucs next year, but if they were to let him go, I think he could get some playing time on a team that is WR needy.

If he shows out he could go to #3. He seemed to line up both inside and outside...Perriman has had one good game, but has put up more misses than hits.
Perriman had a big game last weekend, but he was productive in the two games prior. Week 13 he had 87 yards, and Week 14 he had 70 yards and a TD.

Deep sleeper this week in DFS. I wonder how many will play him at Flex or WR #2 cuz of his potential this week? Depends upon line ups.

Myself, perhaps a DFS play with upside for 75 yards and a score. Two scores and 100+ would be huge.

In one league:  I had Evans, Godwin, Kirk, Robbie Anderson.  Watson is the only person I'm certain that is playing for my team this week haha.

Well....had his chance at a sure TD.

Was wide open but stumbled out of his break, and was overthrown in the end zone.

Doesn't help that Winston keeps air-mailing him. Should have had 2 TD's in first half.

Edit: Snagged his 3rd chance as the half expired. All is forgiven.

:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stumble was completely on him. Had his head in his ### first 20 minutes. Including a timeout because he forgot he was on the punt team. 

unless Schefty or Rap say Evans isn't playing before 1pm  - I think I am riding it out & Watson will be my 4pm plug in week 1 if Evans doesn't go 🎲🎲

Bucs WR Justin Watson could see more playing time if Chris Godwin (concussion) is out for Week 2 against the Panthers. 

The Athletic's Greg Auman said Watson, who played just 11 snaps in Week 1 against New Orleans, could play "much more" if Godwin misses Week 2. Watson saw two targets on his 11 snaps, and should be in line for a decent number of targets should he start against Carolina's subpar secondary. WR Scotty Miller, after seeing six targets last week from Tom Brady, would seem to be first line for increased opportunity if Godwin can't go. 

RELATED: 

Scotty Miller

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter 

Sep 17, 2020, 12:06 PM ET
During the off-season I wanted to justify having Watson on my rosters, but in the end couldn't.  Unless you have roster sizes of 28 or more in 12 team leagues, I just don't see it as of today.  That could change with long term injuries however.

Chiefs signed WR Justin Watson to a reserve/future contract.

Watson, 26 next month, was a fifth-round pick by the Bucs out of Penn in 2018 and appeared in 40 games for Tampa Bay in his four seasons there. He caught 23 passes for 258 yards and a pair of touchdowns but quickly tumbled down the depth chart and eventually off the roster with the Bucs adding Antonio Brown and Breshad Perriman coupled with the emergence of Cyril Grayson. There just wasn't enough room on the roster. Watson produced top-five SPARQ numbers in 2018 and was Penn's all-time leading receiver. Kansas City is an interesting landing spot.

- NBC SportsEDGE
Really nice futures signing. Watson/Perriman/Miller were the three receivers with Evans from the old Arians/Winston regime and the only real reason he left the Bucs is because Miller was the slot guy; Watson is a taller receiver but a definite athlete. These are the guys KC needed to be signing on the cheap, young size/speed freaks that complement Tyreek Hill and the "possession" receivers, not washouts like Josh Gordon who wow in practice but never show anything in games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin Watson caught 2-of-2 targets for 50 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 2 win over the Chargers.​

Although he only drew two targets, Watson made one of the plays of the night when he got J.C. Jackson turned around and broke free for a 41-yard scoring strike from Patrick Mahomes in the third quarter. A huge moment, though the ex-Buc still has only three targets through two games. His looks figure to remain sporadic for the time being.
Sep 16, 2022, 12:29 AM ET

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Justin Watson suffered a dislocated elbow in the Chiefs’ Week 6 win over the Broncos.

It was a gruesome injury for Watson, who exited in the third quarter and did not return to the game. X-rays on his arm were negative, but he’ll undergo an MRI to determine the full extent of the damage. The veteran receiver will miss at least a few weeks with the injury and could miss more time if the MRI reveals more damage.

Lots of looks but he was terrible. At least 3 drops including one on 4th down that ended the game. Yuck

How insane is it that this guy was the main WR target for Mahomes? Reid & Co are on some prime galaxy brain for that kind of strategy.

How insane is it that this guy was the main WR target for Mahomes? Reid & Co are on some prime galaxy brain for that kind of strategy.
If others would step up, it probably wouldn’t have occurred.

I think Higgins would be a great fit here next year as Kelce gets another year older.

Mahomes trusts Watson. Even with the drops. Him and mvs sadly are his go to reads after Kelce. He’s a stash and see as far as I’m concerned

Users who are viewing this thread