What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TD - KC or DEN (1 Viewer)

TexansPhan

Footballguy
Start KC at CHI or Start DEN vs. DET

Everywhere I look it says Denver should be started by a landslide but looking at the numbers it looks like KC is the better D with the better matchup.  FANTASYPROS is at 93% start DEN and FOOTBALLGUYS projects DEN to score over 1.7 more points.  What am I missing or do the experts have it wrong?

KC has more sacks, more ints, and more forced fumbles and outscores DEN over 25% on average each week (KC avgs 7.2 ppg and DEN 5.2 ppg).  KC is playing a team, CHI(22nd most points given up), that gives up more points to defenses than DET(20th most points given up) on average.  I also worry about Denver's offense being anemic with a rookie QB and potential TOs causing their D to be put in bad positions or on the field for long periods of time.  Maybe the diff is playing at home vs on the road?  Right now CHI is a 8pm game and could see snow that day and be in the mid 30s, whereas, Den is projected to be sunny and mid 50s.  KC is coming off a dominant D performance in similar weather.  I would think KC would be the more motivated group since they are still playing for something, as well.  Maybe the experts are looking at Vegas over/unders and the KC game having a 8 point higher number?

Please let me know if I am crazy by thinking KC is the much better start and I am missing something or validate my analysis so I can confidently move forward.  This is my super bowl and want to get it right.

I'd go Denver, the Bears could have offensive success, I'm almost certain Detroit won't. Blough has looked worse by the week.

I think you listen to everyone saying DEN. Detroit is a complete disaster right now, which is why DEN is projected higher. 

2 things with KC vs CHI

1) CHI has been doing really well over the last few weeks on offense

2) KC will make them at least attempt to put up points, DEN may not

Users who are viewing this thread