What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charlotte NC this weekend (1 Viewer)

T.J.

Footballguy
In town for a hoops tourney!! Just looking for a few suggestions on places to eat! Actually tourney is in Rock Hill but staying in Charlotte! Preferably not a chain,, something different, will be 3-4 families with younger teenagers if that matters! Preciate the time!!! 

In town for a hoops tourney!! Just looking for a few suggestions on places to eat! Actually tourney is in Rock Hill but staying in Charlotte! Preferably not a chain,, something different, will be 3-4 families with younger teenagers if that matters! Preciate the time!!! 
Are you staying actually uptown or more in South Charlotte?  That is a big group.

Check out Old Mecke Brewery. They have the best Xmas market in town and good German food.

Check out Old Mecke Brewery. They have the best Xmas market in town and good German food.
I've only been to Charlotte once and I second this recommendation.  Took a group of 12 there and had a good time - pretty good food and loved the beer.

I've only been to Charlotte once and I second this recommendation.  Took a group of 12 there and had a good time - pretty good food and loved the beer.
Their Xmas market really is the best if anyone ever gets a chance to go. Probably 60+ local vendors. Good german beer and food. Hot wine. Huge area to walk around. Great for dates, families, the whole deal.

There's also a really good escape room right near all the breweries. 

Other options closer to Rock Hill:

Piedmont Social House has some bowling and game options. It's near 485 and Tryon. There is a Mac's Speed Shop near there as well, which is not as good as Midwood, but still decent. 

Downtown Ft Mill is sort of nice as well, with a burger place called Hobo's, a BBQ with Asian twist called Improper Pig and a smaller farm to table type place called Local Dish there, near a very good brewery called Amor Artis. 

There's also a really good escape room right near all the breweries. 

Other options closer to Rock Hill:

Piedmont Social House has some bowling and game options. It's near 485 and Tryon. There is a Mac's Speed Shop near there as well, which is not as good as Midwood, but still decent. 

Downtown Ft Mill is sort of nice as well, with a burger place called Hobo's, a BBQ with Asian twist called Improper Pig and a smaller farm to table type place called Local Dish there, near a very good brewery called Amor Artis. 
LOL, I forgot about the Mill!!

There is a new(er) area in Fort Mill called Kingsley that has a bunch of places to eat as well. Right off 77 (exit 85 I think) so you'll see it as you drive by, couple of chains and some stand alones there:

Panera Bread, Smashburger, Brixx Pizza, Carolina Ale House, Cold Stone Creamery & Starbucks for the chains

Napa, Taco Molino, Spice & Corkscrew for the one off's.

All within a block or so of one another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread