What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Senate Majority, 2021 (1 Viewer)

Puerto Rico should become a state because it is the right thing to do. Whether they vote in senators that are republicans, democrats, greens, etc. shouldn't matter
Though I agree, the GOP does not think that way and it’s the reason this country has gone to #### in the last decade or so. Time to right the ship in the short term and address PR later.

poll by the Tyson Group has Cornyn only up 2 on MJ Hegar.  That looks like an outlier to me, and I don't know much about the pollster, but encouraging nonetheless.

poll by the Tyson Group has Cornyn only up 2 on MJ Hegar.  That looks like an outlier to me, and I don't know much about the pollster, but encouraging nonetheless.
Tyson Group also has Espy only trailing by one to Hyde-Smith in Mississippi. 

eta: B/C pollster on 538.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the more I read, not taking much from their numbers.
B/C means they have a small sample of their polls analyzed, but they look average to above average on their small sample. The polls analyzed previously don't show any partisan bias. 

Overall, I wouldn't put much trust in their results, but I don't think I would dismiss them either. 

B/C means they have a small sample of their polls analyzed, but they look average to above average on their small sample. The polls analyzed previously don't show any partisan bias. 

Overall, I wouldn't put much trust in their results, but I don't think I would dismiss them either. 
MJ is running ads everywhere with it :thumbup:

MJ Hegar @mjhegar · 21h

US Senate candidate, TX

Hi, my name is MJ Hegar. I'm a combat veteran and working mom, and I'm going to defeat John Cornyn, a spineless bootlicker and Mitch McConnell's right-hand man.

🔥

A bunch of new Senate polls from Morning Consult:

CO: Hickenlooper +7
GA: Ossoff +1
AL: Tuberville +18
TX: Cornyn +6
MI: Peters +7
KY: McConnell +15
SC: Graham +1
AZ: Kelly +9
NC: Cunningham +9

🤔

I wonder if a Dem controlled congress could pass a joint 2021 African-American Reparations Act and Homestead Act - where, instead of money, the US gives land to African-Americans in say, Montana and/or Wyoming - with the expectation that people settle the land and build communities.

🤔

I wonder if a Dem controlled congress could pass a joint 2021 African-American Reparations Act and Homestead Act - where, instead of money, the US gives land to African-Americans in say, Montana and/or Wyoming - with the expectation that people settle the land and build communities.
Too cold. 

Anecdotally....I just polled 4 for African-Americans I work with and three of them looked at me as if I had another head growing out of my neck. 
Good news - I understand there are few alien abduction in the north, north-west, and less likely to have a nuclear accident leading to multiple heads.

I’m starting to be mildly intrigued by SC given Graham’s soft approval numbers.

KY is not happening.

Collins will be tough to dislodge but if Biden is carrying Maine by 10 he very well brings Gideon across the finish line. 

Right now:

Alabama goes R.

AZ and CO go D.

NC and ME are the next up and would flip the Senate assuming a Biden win.

Then you have Iowa and Montana.

Then you have Georgia x2

Then you have Texas, Kansas, Alaska.
I think this is probably still accurate though I think Collins is cooked in ME.

NC becomes the tipping point.

Dems would love another couple seats to shake loose. 

NYT/Siena:

IA: Greenfield 42, Ernst 40
GA: Perdue 41, Ossoff 38
GA: Loeffler 23, Warnock/Collins 19
TX: Cornyn 43, Hegar 37

Data For Progress:

MI: Peters 47, James 42
KY: McConnell 46, McGrath 39
KS: Bollier 40, Marshall 40 (!!!)
GA: Perdue 43, Ossoff 41
GA: Warnock 26, Collins 22, Loeffler 21

Quinnipiac: Cornyn leads Hegar in Texas, 50-42.

50% of voters say they don't know enough about Hegar to have an opinion on her. Can't help but feel a little sour that people have donated $46 million to Amy McGrath while ignoring a very winnable race here.

GOP John James might flip Dem Gary Peters senate seat in Michigan.   Peters big lead in the polls a couple months ago has shrunk to 3 points. James is a black Army veteran so that might help him as they are looking for more people of color in the Senate.

Democratic U.S. Sen. Gary Peter holds a slight lead over Republican challenger John James in a tight Michigan U.S. Senate race expected to hinge on independent voters, according to a new Detroit News/WDIV-TV poll.

Peters, the first-term senator from Bloomfield Township, leads 44%-41% over James, the Farmington Hills businessman and Iraq War veteran, according to the poll released Tuesday. Just over 14% still remained undecided in the September poll.

Hegar is an awesome candidate.  She deserves all the support she needs to get rid of Cornyn.  Even though I’m not from TX I’ve donated to her campaign and will again.  She is absolutely worthy and is exactly what this country needs.  Cornyn, on the other hand, is exactly what this country does not need.  

GOP John James might flip Dem Gary Peters senate seat in Michigan.   Peters big lead in the polls a couple months ago has shrunk to 3 points. James is a black Army veteran so that might help him as they are looking for more people of color in the Senate.

Democratic U.S. Sen. Gary Peter holds a slight lead over Republican challenger John James in a tight Michigan U.S. Senate race expected to hinge on independent voters, according to a new Detroit News/WDIV-TV poll.

Peters, the first-term senator from Bloomfield Township, leads 44%-41% over James, the Farmington Hills businessman and Iraq War veteran, according to the poll released Tuesday. Just over 14% still remained undecided in the September poll.
Biden will carry Peters across the finish line in MI but definitely closer than it should be.

Hegar is an awesome candidate.  She deserves all the support she needs to get rid of Cornyn.  Even though I’m not from TX I’ve donated to her campaign and will again.  She is absolutely worthy and is exactly what this country needs.  Cornyn, on the other hand, is exactly what this country does not need.  
she's terrific, but the covid campaign environment just hinders her too much this time around.

Why are you quoting a story from 2 weeks ago?

I also noticed that the last line of your quote removed the date from the article (it used to say "September 1-3" but in your post it only says "September poll"). Did you do that yourself? If so, that's pretty poor form.

If you didn't alter the quote, then I would strongly urge you to re-evaluate your source material.

I also noticed that the last line of your quote removed the date from the article (it used to say "September 1-3" but in your post it only says "September poll"). Did you do that yourself? If so, that's pretty poor form.

If you didn't alter the quote, then I would strongly urge you to re-evaluate your source material.
It was sent to me..you are correct it was 2 weeks ago and it might be closer now as James has been pounding the airwaves with ads the last week.   Should go down to the wire.

Last edited by a moderator:

It was sent to me..you are correct it was 2 weeks ago and it might be closer now as James has been pounding the airwaves with ads the last week.   Should go down to the wire.
That's the thing. The polls are not closer now. There have been FIVE polls since the one that was "sent to you", and they show that Peters has expanded his lead to 4.4 points.

she's terrific, but the covid campaign environment just hinders her too much this time around.
Maybe, maybe not.  Cornyn has proven himself to be one of the most worthless and despicable people to ever set foot in the Senate.  Kamala Harris showed what a complete clown he is.  If I was the Dems I would put some serious resources into this race and start now.  Maybe ask Bloomberg to help.   Hegar is a strong candidate if she can get her message out and let folks get to know her.   She seems like the kind of no nonsense person Texans would take a liking to. 

New Alaska poll shows Al Gross trailing Dan Sullivan by only 1%. It’s a Dem internal, but SuperPAC money has begun to flow into this race indicating that it’s indeed pretty close. Dem pickup opportunity that’s been flying under the radar.

Quinnipiac (B+):

GA Regular
Ossoff 49%
Perdue 48%

GA Special
Warnock 31%
Loeffler 23%
Collins 22%
Lieberman 9%

Quinnipiac (B+):

GA Regular
Ossoff 49%
Perdue 48%

GA Special
Warnock 31%
Loeffler 23%
Collins 22%
Lieberman 9%
Whoever survives between Loeffler and Collins has a pretty good chance.  Ossoff will probably still lose but he has a much better shot than Warnock - IMO.

Some more GA numbers, from Civiqs (B/C) this time:

GA Regular
Ossoff 48%
Perdue 46%

GA Special
Warnock 38%
Collins 25%
Loeffler 21%
Lieberman 5%

Georgia potentially having 2 January Senate runoffs could be absolutely insane. I feel bad for anyone in that state if so. The inundation of political ads would be even worse than it is right now here in PA. 

Kansas Senate Polling:

GBAO - September 27:

Bollier (D): 45%
Marshall (R): 43%
Buckley (L): 7%
(D Internal)

Co/Efficient - September 16:

Bollier (D): 39%
Buckley (L): 2%
(R Internal)

Given the likely inherent biases - I'd put this as (R) +2

Close enough that turnout could drive the results.

Kansas Senate Polling:

GBAO - September 27:

Bollier (D): 45%
Buckley (L): 7%
(D Internal)

Co/Efficient - September 16:

Bollier (D): 39%
Buckley (L): 2%
(R Internal)

Given the likely inherent biases - I'd put this as (R) +2

Close enough that turnout could drive the results.
That is sort of a weird internal for Marshall to put out against Bollier’s. Only hitting 43% and up 4%. 

Makes me think that Bollier would have been favored over Kobach.

That is sort of a weird internal for Marshall to put out against Bollier’s. Only hitting 43% and up 4%. 

Makes me think that Bollier would have been favored over Kobach.
The other thing that looks a little off - the D poll leaves room for 5% other/undecided while the R poll has 16% other/undecided

But, I don't know which is more accurate. 

If Marshall is capped at 43% - that does not inspire a lot of confidence in this election.

The other thing that looks a little off - the D poll leaves room for 5% other/undecided while the R poll has 16% other/undecided
This is often a difference in polling technique. Some pollsters push more than others. Seems pretty clear there was a push in the Dem poll as Buckley is 7% vs the 2%. 

There is a case that this is more accurate as leans often will just say undecided when enthusiasm is pretty low even though they aren't necessarily undecided. Which is preferred depends on what you are after though -- these are the persuadable electorate (or those who may pass altogether).

The partisan composition of KS definitely makes it hard for Bollier. When Laura Kelly beat Kobach in '18, she pulled about 20% of the Republican vote (and won by 4% overall). It'll be difficult for Bollier to recreate that for several reasons -- Marshall isn't as repulsive as Kobach, national race vs. state race, etc. -- but she's been doing a good job so far. There's a long list of Republicans who have endorsed her and she's constantly playing that up in her ads.

What does help is that KS has more college grads than the national average. In 2016 KS actually moved slightly leftward while the nation as a whole trended right. Johnson county (suburban KC) has been historically red but is set to flip this year. I think Marshall is still the favorite, but you can definitely imagine a scenario in which Bollier squeaks this out.

Starting to get some fundraising numbers: MJ Hegar raised $13.5MM between July 1 and today. She was struggling at the end of last quarter (only $902k on hand) so this is very good to see.

Starting to get some fundraising numbers: MJ Hegar raised $13.5MM between July 1 and today. She was struggling at the end of last quarter (only $902k on hand) so this is very good to see.
MJ Hegar's campaign announces — before Q3 is even over — that she has topped $13.5 million raised

And this stat: "200,000 online donations in 72 hours following the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg"

Lets hope she can translate $ into votes.

Civiqs (B/C):

KANSAS
Marshall 50%
Bollier 43%

Worst poll for Bollier since Marshall won the nomination.

Cal Cunningham raised $28.3MM in Q3, more than any NC politician has ever raised in a single quarter. It’s also more than the total amount of money Tillis has raised at the federal level since 2013.

Well, this seems like a bit of an outlier. :lol:  From RABA Research (B/C):

IOWA
Greenfield 51%
Ernst 39%

Users who are viewing this thread