What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mom saw a HP on the HSN and now wants to buy laptops for my kids...please help! (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
My mom saw a computer on the Home shopping Network. :lmao: So now I need to prevent her from buying some crap with illuminated keys and tech support for 3 years.

Titles says it all. Please help as too many options on items like these are debilitating for me. 

PLEASE help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mac mini. If you go crazy and buy a $200 monitor. $300 still gets you a lot of Mini.
What do these start at? Recommendation for where to buy them? I went to Apple's site and couldn't find a price on these. Google search prices are all over the place from one extreme to the other.. 

Seems like $500 is no-mans land for laptops...... Its either a crappy HP or a refurbished apple product, which I know my mo won't be down for. 

Appreciate it but can’t help wonder if I can get a similar rig cheaper or a better rig that doesn’t have the 2-in-1 “feature” that I’m positive my younger daughter would break in 5 minutes. 

Yes chromebooks are totally a good route for value but it depends on what you really need to do, I think.  Some stuff won’t really run on there, but for many things it is totally adequate.

My mom saw a computer on the Home shopping Network. :lmao: So now I need to prevent her from buying some crap with illuminated keys and tech support for 3 years.

Titles says it all. Please help as too many options on items like these are debilitating for me. 

PLEASE help. 
:shrug:

if it makes her happy let her buy them. Unless of course if spending that $ would hurt her

:shrug:

if it makes her happy let her buy them. Unless of course if spending that $ would hurt her
This was my first thought.  Do you object on the basis you don't want your kids to have a laptop?  Are you just worried she is going to buy something not up to your standards?  Or, do you have concern that she can't afford to spend that kind of money?

Users who are viewing this thread