Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dan Lambskin

Suggest a better Xmas song

Recommended Posts

Please Come Home for Christmas- Eagles

Christmas is the time to say I love you- Billy Squire

Christmastime- Bryan Adams

A Christmas Song- Jethro Tull

Dean Martin,  Vince Gurraldi Trio, Sinatra...  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me I want irish groups,or singers, say the Three Irish Tenors, Celtic Women, or the Corrs Sisters signing Christmas songs.  Alternatively I want Country and Western Singers, say the Judds.  Something about the accents and intonation just is Christmassy to me.  I also enjoy Peter Paul and Mary's Christmas special.  As for songs, I tend to go for religious Christmas themes as opposed to commercial ones.  O Holy Night, Adeste Fidelis, Silent Night.  Still, its all good.  I celebrate the whole catalog because at one time or another I heard those songs during a Christmas season and they take me to the time I first heard them.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Suggest a better version or add a song I’m missing.  Must be on Amazon Music

1. Home for the holidays (Perry Cumo)

2. Rudolph (Gene Autry)

3. Here Comes Santa Claus (Bob Dylan)

4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Jackson 5.  @Maurile Tremblay please ban anyone who suggests Springsteen)

5. Sleigh Ride (The Ronettes)

6. Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)

7. Rockin Around The Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee)

8. Jingle Bells (Eric Clapton)

9. Jingle Bell Rock (Neil Diamond)

10. Felix Navidad (Los Straightjackets)

11. Mele Kalikimaka (Bing Crosby)

12. All I Want For Christmas Is You (Mariah Carey’s)

13. Christmas Wrapping (Waitresses)

14. Oi To The World (The Vandals)

15. Dominick the Donkey (Lou Monte)

16. Me Grinch (Thurl Ravenscroft)

17. Frosty (Willie Nelson)

18. Santa Baby (Gwen Stefani) [Madonna only Music Unlimited]

19. Baby It’s Cold Outside (Cee-Lo / Christina Augilera)

20. White Christmas (Elvis)

21. I’ll Be Home For Christmas (Dolly Parton)

22. Christmas (Darlene Love)

23. Silent Night (Michael Buble)

24. Do You Hear What I Hear (Carpenters )

25. Away In A Manger (Eric Clapton)

26. Happy Xmas (John Lennon)

27. Christmas Eve (TSO)

28. Silver Bells (Booker T MGs)

29. Hark The Herald Angels Sing (Jessy J)

30. Holy Night (Harry Connick JR)

31. Little Drummer Boy (Bowie / Bing)

32. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Sinatra)

33. Silent Night (Nat King Cole)

34. Merry Christmas Darling (Carpenters)

I believe in Father Christmas.

emerson lake and palmer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brony said:

If you are going for the classics, you are missing Vince Guaraldi Truo Charlie Brown stuff. Big miss. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Suggest a better version or add a song I’m missing.  Must be on Amazon Music

1. Home for the holidays (Perry Cumo)

2. Rudolph (Gene Autry)

3. Here Comes Santa Claus (Bob Dylan)

4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Jackson 5.  @Maurile Tremblay please ban anyone who suggests Springsteen)

5. Sleigh Ride (The Ronettes)

6. Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)

7. Rockin Around The Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee)

8. Jingle Bells (Eric Clapton)

9. Jingle Bell Rock (Neil Diamond)

10. Felix Navidad (Los Straightjackets)

11. Mele Kalikimaka (Bing Crosby)

12. All I Want For Christmas Is You (Mariah Carey’s)

13. Christmas Wrapping (Waitresses)

14. Oi To The World (The Vandals)

15. Dominick the Donkey (Lou Monte)

16. Me Grinch (Thurl Ravenscroft)

17. Frosty (Willie Nelson)

18. Santa Baby (Gwen Stefani) [Madonna only Music Unlimited]

19. Baby It’s Cold Outside (Cee-Lo / Christina Augilera)

20. White Christmas (Elvis)

21. I’ll Be Home For Christmas (Dolly Parton)

22. Christmas (Darlene Love)

23. Silent Night (Michael Buble)

24. Do You Hear What I Hear (Carpenters )

25. Away In A Manger (Eric Clapton)

26. Happy Xmas (John Lennon)

27. Christmas Eve (TSO)

28. Silver Bells (Booker T MGs)

29. Hark The Herald Angels Sing (Jessy J)

30. Holy Night (Harry Connick JR)

31. Little Drummer Boy (Bowie / Bing)

32. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Sinatra)

33. Silent Night (Nat King Cole)

34. Merry Christmas Darling (Carpenters)

Springsteen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kal El said:

Obscenely overrated and overplayed. Same with Mariah Carey.

Yep. Is there a volume lower than mute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Josh Groban sucks

Why not just toss in some Snoopy’s Christmas and complete the suckfest of said list

Edited by Jules Winnfield
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jules Winnfield said:

Yep. Is there a volume lower than mute?

I believe it's known as either the power button or the skip button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work on site with a client and there’s a 2 hour Christmas song loop of doom going 24/7 over the intercom. It never ends and full of dreck like Weezer and this awful rendition of Still Still Still by Kaskade which sounds like something you hear in a department store or an elevator. I’ve been told it’s going until New Years. Ugh.

Edited by Osaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Run Run Rudolph not on your list yet?  What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVu4c7dhDRE

Good call

had this on last years list but I set all the songs as favorites so it was messing with my regular rotation so I deleted them all and had to create a new playlist 

also added Zat You Santa Claus by Buster Poindexter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 5:34 AM, Dan Lambskin said:

Good call

had this on last years list but I set all the songs as favorites so it was messing with my regular rotation so I deleted them all and had to create a new playlist 

also added Zat You Santa Claus by Buster Poindexter

@Dan Lambskin

Hey Dan, is there access to this playlist available?  I'm technologically dumb and would love to play this today while we prep/enjoy our meal.  Thanks for doing this, and Merry Christmas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, facook said:

@Dan Lambskin

Hey Dan, is there access to this playlist available?  I'm technologically dumb and would love to play this today while we prep/enjoy our meal.  Thanks for doing this, and Merry Christmas!

Try this. It sure if it will work

Check out this playlist on Amazon Music: Christmas playlist https://music.amazon.com/user-playlists/6c4bd2c045e64c92a3b60ff46716ae34sune?ref=dm_sh_AbdJyh1TodCnlbXBsK5By2B6L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.