What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most useful cheap thing that you own (1 Viewer)

When do you typically use that?  The only time I mess with an outlet is when its malfunctioning and at that point, I always just flip the breaker and pull the outlet away from the box to see if everything is hooked up correctly.
Testing GFCI and make sure new outlets are installed correctly. I also flip the breaker, but this little gem makes testing so much easier. 

Testing GFCI and make sure new outlets are installed correctly. I also flip the breaker, but this little gem makes testing so much easier. 
I'm sold.  Its on the list.   This really hits home today b/c I just stumbled upon an outlet in my kitchen that had an adapter on it (for 6 outlets) so I couldn't see the outlet itself.   Removed the apter b/c it wasn't needed and the outlet was partially melted.   Turns out one of the  neutral wires came off.  I installed that outlet like 13 years ago.   No idea how long its been like that.  Would be nice to be reassured that once you push the outlet back in when installing, that nothing came loose.  

Bubba Travel Mug/Canister that I've used for a few years now.  Holds a lot, keeps coffee hot, doesn't spill, fits in car cup holder.....great item.

Microwave rice cooker.    Got one after we were married and used multiple times a week (I'd say we've used to about 2500 times).  Does an amazing job of turning out rice - our staple of choice.

Easy.. Duct tape.. So cheap and use it all the time.. Part falling off lawn tractor.. Duct tape to the rescue...

Need to box up something, duct tape 10 times better then masking/scotch...

Someone won't shut up.. Duct tape!!!!! :)
And you don't need scissors. Pull tears nice and neat.

my new dog was <$100.  but i love my digital food scale, which was dirt cheap.  i weigh pasta and ingredients all the time whilst cooking.

I must have gotten this with a coupon because it was at least $5 cheaper at the time. In any case, if you live with another person or more I find one of these invaluable even if it is $24.99......

https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Station-Premium-Organizer-Delivery/dp/B07WGFX24Y/ref=sr_1_80?keywords=USB+Charging+Station+for+Multiple+Devices&qid=1577181455&s=electronics&sr=1-80

.... in fact I'll probably be bumping up to an 8 port/100W version since I have some fast charging devices. Even if you live alone when you are about to go on a trip and need to charge extra headphones/power banks/watch/portable speaker it makes life so much easier having everything charging in one place.

Those cheap drain unclogger things are great.

So when is the "most expensive things you never use" thread coming? 

Users who are viewing this thread