What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any potential Week 16 stat changes? (1 Viewer)

There was this one:

(8:39) C.Wilkins reported in as eligible. R.Fitzpatrick pass short right to C.Wilkins to CIN 1 for no gain (J.Bates III). FUMBLES P5 (J.Bates III), and recovers at CIN -3. TOUCHDOWN.

Scoring in the gamebook as a passing TD for Fitz, but in the past offensive fumble recovery TDs haven’t scored the same as a straight passing play.  No idea if this one is different because the receiver recovered his own fumble, or if it’s likely to change Thursday, but a 6 pt swing for Fitzpatrick would be huge in some fantasy contests.

There was this one:

(8:39) C.Wilkins reported in as eligible. R.Fitzpatrick pass short right to C.Wilkins to CIN 1 for no gain (J.Bates III). FUMBLES P5 (J.Bates III), and recovers at CIN -3. TOUCHDOWN.

Scoring in the gamebook as a passing TD for Fitz, but in the past offensive fumble recovery TDs haven’t scored the same as a straight passing play.  No idea if this one is different because the receiver recovered his own fumble, or if it’s likely to change Thursday, but a 6 pt swing for Fitzpatrick would be huge in some fantasy contests.
This was a weird play. I watched it 100 times as they were reviewing it and still can’t decide whether it was incomplete, a catch and fumble, or just a catch and TD before the fumble. Wild play, but I agree anything could happen with that passing TD. 

There was this one:

The exact play I was concerned about and the reason I started the thread. The four point difference would be enough to change my league's outcome. 

It seems to be accurate. Hope that's what you want. And doesn't MFL make the changes at 10 am on Thursdays? If so, then it makes sense that the change hasn't been reflected yet.

I’m not sure

But in my experience, I don’t think the official changes come out til Thursday. 

And I believe Elias is in charge but I may be wrong 

Elias is mentioned in that link. Usually they register on Thursdays but maybe the NFL wanted to give we Fitz owners a Christmas present. Hey, work with me here.  :P  

Stat changes were posted on Yahoo this morning...makes sense that the NFL/Elias wanted to finish them before the holiday.

As for Fitzpatrick, this is a good reddit thread that discusses the play and contains several references as to why it was scored the way it was. This one in particular.

EXCEPTION: If the player recovers his own fumble, all yardage gained or lost shall be credited in the category initiating the action.

Example II: In the same situation as Example I, the receiver recovers his own fumble and advances to a point 45 yards in advance of the line of scrimmage before being tackled. Scoring: Play is listed as a 45-yard pass.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/eeo2tv/likely_ryan_fitzpatrick_stat_correction_incoming/

Stat changes were posted on Yahoo this morning...makes sense that the NFL/Elias wanted to finish them before the holiday.

As for Fitzpatrick, this is a good reddit thread that discusses the play and contains several references as to why it was scored the way it was. This one in particular.

EXCEPTION: If the player recovers his own fumble, all yardage gained or lost shall be credited in the category initiating the action.

Example II: In the same situation as Example I, the receiver recovers his own fumble and advances to a point 45 yards in advance of the line of scrimmage before being tackled. Scoring: Play is listed as a 45-yard pass.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/eeo2tv/likely_ryan_fitzpatrick_stat_correction_incoming/

I've always liked and respected you Phantom. You seem to be a "cut above" and are probably quite the humanitarian IRL.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread