What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite acoustic song or live album? (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
I’ve been going down the unplugged wormhole on YouTube this weekend.

what albums do you guys recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Three off of the top of my head:

Stuff I love now and is in my head frequently:

Leonard Cohen - The Songs Of Leonard Cohen

One of us and being wrong or something something

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks

Such a Sweet Thing

Stuff I used to love and is a bit nostalgic:

Elliott Smith - S/T

A little traditional name set to new stuff - Clementine

Not sure if acoustic or not, but only guitar and vox.

Ani DiFranco - Napoleon

Korn with Amy Lee doing Freak on a Leash was a very pleasant surprise.

I think Fuel's acoustic cover of Daniel is substantially better than the Elton original too.

There was en epic Acoustic Music draft a few yeas ago - I think it was one of @timschochet 's drafts.  That would be great to find.  I'm sure I was turned on to several new bands from that draft, including the one I'm listening to in my office AT THIS VERY MOMENT - Devil Makes Three.

A 2nd for Chris Cornell's Thank You. That was my wife and I's 1st dance at our reception. Also, Grateful Dead's Ripple is a classic.

Nirvana Unplugged

American Lesion

Greg Graffins Cold as Clay has an acoustic feel but may include electric

Rancid- Let the Dominos Fall

Johnny Cash- American IV

Alkaline Trio- damnesia

There was en epic Acoustic Music draft a few yeas ago - I think it was one of @timschochet 's drafts.  That would be great to find.  I'm sure I was turned on to several new bands from that draft, including the one I'm listening to in my office AT THIS VERY MOMENT - Devil Makes Three.
That was a fun time. Don’t know what happened to the thread. 

So many great acoustic albums. But I might have to go with American Beauty. 

Warren Zevon  Learning to Flinch is a great album..

Jack White also has a really good acoustic album. Can't remember the title right of hand.

I have an all acoustic album on all the major digital music sites. No overdubs, one take/one track songs. Purely acoustic.

Artist: Pocock

Album: Bare

Can't let this thread go by without featuring the woman i ruined my music career trying to make famous. She jammed w Hendrix regularly in 1966-7, was using phase shifters & many pedal technologies before any man, including the jazz fusion guys and, ten years after i failed to poach her from our oblivious boss, she was pig-farming in Michigan instead of playing stadiums. Listen to all three or none:

Can't Find My Way Home           Suck it, Billie Eilish           35 years later

Nirvana...Where did you sleep last night

Alice in Chains...Nutshell

Both albums are super solid, those are the best songs off each imo

AcerFC said:
Nirvana Unplugged

American Lesion

Greg Graffins Cold as Clay has an acoustic feel but may include electric

Rancid- Let the Dominos Fall

Johnny Cash- American IV

Alkaline Trio- damnesia
Great list, I always wondered who bought the other copy of the Graffin solo albums.  I've still got the American Lesion tour shirt somewhere.

Love the Rancid album too.  Their version of New Orleans is stellar, although I prefer when Lars takes lead vocals and Tim harmonizes (on just this song).  

I'll throw Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros "Long Shadow" into the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWdtlWmuLE

And how about Johnny and Joe taking a stab at Redemption Song?

Johnny Clash

Jim Croce -  Photographs and Memories:  His Greatest Hits.

Dolly Parton - Shine (Collective Soul cover)

Rodrigo y Gabriela  -  eponymous

wikkidpissah said:
Can't let this thread go by without featuring the woman i ruined my music career trying to make famous. She jammed w Hendrix regularly in 1966-7, was using phase shifters & many pedal technologies before any man, including the jazz fusion guys and, ten years after i failed to poach her from our oblivious boss, she was pig-farming in Michigan instead of playing stadiums. Listen to all three or none:

Can't Find My Way Home           Suck it, Billie Eilish           35 years later
Those are fantastic.  I see her stuff is available on Amazon.  Any idea which album I should start with?

Those are fantastic.  I see her stuff is available on Amazon.  Any idea which album I should start with?
Her best record, Honky Tonk Angel, has been out of print for over 40 yrs, but most of it is included in Up from the Skies: the Polydor Years. She started to devolve pretty quickly after that, but the double-packaged The Real Ellen/Everybody Needs It has more amazing tracks than overkill numbers, so....

I can't say too much cuz there's a NDA involved, but she was signed because a manager heard Hendrix refuse to jam with her anymore because Ellen kept showing him up. She had three flaws - couldnt write, hammered the #### out of every song she performed (she had a stronger voice than Streisand and two octaves more range) and would not take counsel (mostly cuz she was so much more talented - spoke six languages - than everybody) from anyone, esp cuz everyfrikkinfool in the biz wanted to make the next Joplin out of her. I was making progress on that front, but....

Users who are viewing this thread