What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite acoustic song or live album? (1 Viewer)

Her best record, Honky Tonk Angel, has been out of print for over 40 yrs, but most of it is included in Up from the Skies: the Polydor Years. She started to devolve pretty quickly after that, but the double-packaged The Real Ellen/Everybody Needs It has more amazing tracks than overkill numbers, so....

I can't say too much cuz there's a NDA involved, but she was signed because a manager heard Hendrix refuse to jam with her anymore because Ellen kept showing him up. She had three flaws - couldnt write, hammered the #### out of every song she performed (she had a stronger voice than Streisand and two octaves more range) and would not take counsel (mostly cuz she was so much more talented - spoke six languages - than everybody) from anyone, esp cuz everyfrikkinfool in the biz wanted to make the next Joplin out of her. I was making progress on that front, but....
Sometimes, that stuff just happens.  It is the suck.  At least I have some new (to me) tunes to look forward to.

I love acoustic versions of songs. I especially love it when the artist adapts the song to better fit acoustic 

Some of my favorites...

Pride and Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Just a guy and a 12 string.
Something About You - Level 42

Was watching The Cure on MTVs Unplugged the other night with my 12 y.o. daughter; she liked the music (she has probably heard some of these versions before) but she was a little freaked out by the looks of the guys in the band!!
An example - Just like Heaven 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything and everything from Michael Hedges. The album Breakfsst in the Field is his debut and a perfect place to start.

Can't let this thread go by without featuring the woman i ruined my music career trying to make famous. She jammed w Hendrix regularly in 1966-7, was using phase shifters & many pedal technologies before any man, including the jazz fusion guys and, ten years after i failed to poach her from our oblivious boss, she was pig-farming in Michigan instead of playing stadiums. Listen to all three or none:

Can't Find My Way Home           Suck it, Billie Eilish           35 years later
Saving to look at later.

Can't let this thread go by without featuring the woman i ruined my music career trying to make famous. She jammed w Hendrix regularly in 1966-7, was using phase shifters & many pedal technologies before any man, including the jazz fusion guys and, ten years after i failed to poach her from our oblivious boss, she was pig-farming in Michigan instead of playing stadiums. Listen to all three or none:

Can't Find My Way Home           Suck it, Billie Eilish           35 years later
That is great stuff!!!!

Some of my favorite acoustic albums:

• Unplugged - Eric Clapton
  • In Your Honor, Disc 2 - Foo Fighters
  • MTV Unplugged - Pearl Jam
  • MTV Unplugged - Alice in Chains
  • MTV Unplugged - Nirvana

J. Geils Blow Your Face Out Live

"Southside Shuffle" – 4:16

"Back To Get Ya" – 4:38

"Shoot Your Shot" (Junior Walker, James Graves, Lawrence Horn) – 3:56

"Musta Got Lost" – 6:34

"Where Did Our Love Go" (Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, Eddie Holland, Jr.) – 4:00

"Truck Drivin' Man" (Terry Fell) – 1:52

"Love-Itis" (Harvey Scales, Albert Vance) – 4:05

"Lookin' For A Love" (J. W. Alexander, Zelda Samuels) – 2:06

"Ain't Nothin' but a Houseparty" (Del Sharh, Joe Thomas) – 5:04

"So Sharp" (Arlester "Dyke" Christian) – 2:38

"Detroit Breakdown" – 6:25

"Chimes" – 8:56

"Sno-Cone" (Albert Collins) – 3:04

"Wait" – 3:44

"Raise Your Hand" (Steve Cropper, Eddie Floyd, Alvertis Isbell) – 4:08

"Start All Over" – 2:21

"Give It To Me" – 6:52