What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travis Homer, SEA RB (1 Viewer)

Team Smokin'

Footballguy
With all the attention being shifted to Beast Mode and Robert Turbin reunion, what about Travis Homer emerging at the RB to own in week 17 and into the playoffs? What if Homer is the guy who emerges and these other two guys help complement the rushing attack? Homer also is known to catch a few passes as well.

Travis Homer RB, Seattle Seahawks

Speaking Tuesday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said the team would "lean on" Travis Homer in the running game for Week 17 against the 49ers.

Marshawn Lynch, and to a lesser extent Robert Turbin, are understandably getting all the media attention, but Homer will be the Seahawks' only active back who was on the roster before Week 17. The sixth-round rookie is the undoubted touch favorite for a game the Seahawks desperately want to get. Homer, who has carried the ball eight times for 52 yards during the regular season, posted a 19/85/0/4.5 line in the preseason. He is capable of catching passes. Homer will have DFS punt play appeal.
I can't believe Roto gets away with saying this. Who said anything like "undoubted" there about touches and DFS? This is what happpened with Boone on Monday. What on earth is wrong with fantasy guys? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Homer was one of my super-deep late-4th "dart" draft picks, but never made my roster.

Homer is a smaller (lighter) RB at 202 & that's very difficult to overcome, but he showed enough ability that I became somewhat interested given the situation. By situation, I mean an unproven Carson & what looked like a potential bust in Penny (at the time).

It'll be interesting to see what Homer can do if he gets a chance.

I don't doubt that he's ahead of Turbin and Beast Mode coming in off the street. 

It's another shot for us to see what a rookie RB can do.  Penny presumably won't be back until later in the season next year, so Homer could be a sneaky stash if you are not a long term Carson believer. 

That he has the ability to have at least one good game at the NFL level?
Fair point, but it’s a legitimate question given the long-term nature of the Penny and Carson injuries.

All that said, Homer doesn’t seem like the prototypical big back though that Carroll prefers.

Fair point, but it’s a legitimate question given the long-term nature of the Penny and Carson injuries.

All that said, Homer doesn’t seem like the prototypical big back though that Carroll prefers.
All joshing snark aside, there is a value to showing you can do it at this level. Even once.

But you can’t much extrapolate from one game very often - unless you see some ungodly talent, which we’d likely have heard about prior and needed to confirm rather than witness. As such, I don’t think we’d learn much from one game regardless, other than seeing if the guy looks like he can do it, at the least.

All joshing snark aside, there is a value to showing you can do it at this level. Even once.

But you can’t much extrapolate from one game very often - unless you see some ungodly talent, which we’d likely have heard about prior and needed to confirm rather than witness. As such, I don’t think we’d learn much from one game regardless, other than seeing if the guy looks like he can do it, at the least.
Agreed, although if he performs well, it could be at least two games including the playoffs - unless Lynch shows he has something left in the tank.

This weeks matchup isn’t great
Just listened to MJD talk about Beast Mode running directly at SF who may be missing one of their top defensive run stoppers? Add to the mix that SEA is a run first offense, has a massive offensive line, and did beat SF 27-24 the first go around in week 10. They like to pound the ball. Perhaps it's Homer to start, Lynch to pound some, and back n' forth with Turbin picking up 3-5 carries as well. Someone will get at least one rushing TD from that group?

This outta be a very loud and ruckus 12th man stadium with electricity in the air as the Beast Mode reunion in the locker room and on the field. Who emerges with RB fantasy points no one knows. I hear seat prices in SEA are at a premium. Kind of a cool way to end the regular season. We'll see if the game is entertaining or disappoints? Another close one score game I imagine?

Many feel that SEA is so banged up at RB that SF will prevail and SEA got dinged at the wrong time. From a potential first round bye to perhaps getting bounced next week? I really don't know?

I do know our season goes 17 weeks and I have these SEAHAWK players to consider starting: Lockett, DK Metcalf, Hollister, and now Beast Mode, whom I claimed off FA just to see how this week progresses. My opponent took Homer as the early favorite of the two RB's that Seattle will "lean on." Chances are it's just Lockett. Sitting at 12-4 with another team at 11-5. 

Good stash if you have room  Understanding if you don't.

Should have mentioned this is a question for postseason leagues.  Trying to decide if hes worth it vs Lynch, White, Shady or Coleman.  Havent seen any news on this so trying to bubble this up for pool to weigh in (On who the starter is).

White is your best bet out of the bunch. Brady has two trustworthy targets in this  team- Edelman and White. White will get fed as long as pats win games.

In dynasty I had this guy rostered going into week 1 for free, but once it was clear they were hanging onto Prosise for one last rodeo, I cut him and he sat in FA all season. Scooped him back up around week 14 to take into the off-season, so I'll be watching closely. Seems fairly talented. 

Any thoughts on Homer vs. Collins as the non-Penny handcuff to own in Seattle?  3 targets for Homer yesterday with slightly higher snap share than Collins (30 vs 26%).

My gut tells me Collins is the guy based on his performance last year, but who knows with Pete Carroll.

Any thoughts on Homer vs. Collins as the non-Penny handcuff to own in Seattle?  3 targets for Homer yesterday with slightly higher snap share than Collins (30 vs 26%).

My gut tells me Collins is the guy based on his performance last year, but who knows with Pete Carroll.
If Carson went down, I don’t think there would be a true handcuff and it would be an ugly RBBC among some combo of Collins, Penny (assuming he returns), Dallas and Homer. But basically it would be Russ upping his cooking if that happened.

So what are we thinking about this guy for this week? May need a hail mary Flex play to make the playoffs and my WW is very thin. Walker is still TBD and Dallas has an ankle problem too.

This guy worth taking a flyer on for 1 or 2 weeks?

edit: corrected to note that walker is still possibly available. Mis-read the news i saw

Last edited:
So what are we thinking about this guy for this week? May need a hail mary Flex play to make the playoffs and my WW is very thin. Walker is already declared out and Dallas has an ankle problem too.

He is?

So what are we thinking about this guy for this week? May need a hail mary Flex play to make the playoffs and my WW is very thin. Walker is already declared out and Dallas has an ankle problem too.

He is?
my bad. Misread the update on Yahoo. It said he HASN'T been ruled out after an MRI. I'll edit the original

Reading this thread and looking at his career stats does not inspire a lot of confidence in Homer. I'll probably put in a $1 bid to keep him on my bench this week and as a lotto insurance ticket in case K9 misses multiple weeks.

Travis Homer (knee) was upgraded to "full" for Thursday's practice.​

it's an important development with both Ken Walker (ankle) and DeeJay Dallas (ankle) still not practicing. It is certainly looking like Homer will be the lead back vs. Carolina, especially since Tony Jones was so underwhelming in Homer's Week 13 absence. He is a mid-range FLEX for a week where six teams are on bye.
Dec 8, 2022, 7:27 PM ET

I entertained using Dallas if he healed up but now it seems like an easy avoid

I’m choosing between Bam Knight & James Cook

Would rather have either in a tough matchup over Homer or Jones in a good matchup

I entertained using Dallas if he healed up but now it seems like an easy avoid

I’m choosing between Bam Knight & James Cook

Would rather have either in a tough matchup over Homer or Jones in a good matchup

Take a look at Homer's game logs the last three years. I think he had one game where he logged 10 carries. I doubt he's a "full load" guy.

Bet it's some mishmosh of Homer/Jones/Gallman with Geno airing it out.

I feel like this is Tony Jones backfield with Homer spelling him...
If Homer is healthy enough Tony Jones will be spelling him. No doubt in my mind.
What is Homer’s career high in Carries?
Season finale of 2019. He had 10 carries for 62 yards and tacked on 5 receptions for another 30. A solid 14 point PPR day without a TD. (21 in college fwiw)

Jones career high is 16 and he got 27 yards. He was on the practice squad until he was needed meanwhile Homer has been #1 or #2 in snap counts every game he's been active except a game he left due to injury after 2 snaps.

I don't envision Homer as some kind of bell cow but if he's good to go I don't see this as much of a decision on the preferred back to use in this offense this week and don't get any rationale for saying Jones would be the lead guy.

Kareem Hunt has been trash and I no longer see any reason to gamble on a Chubb injury there. Homer take the wheel!
I also have Hunt and as bad as he has been, I could pickup Homer and start him, but I can’t make myself do it. Homer simply isn’t an attractive choice.

Finally picked up in our league [this morning]. By the 5th place team (7-6 after four straight losses) & KW3 owner.

Dude has a murder’s row this week of Pierce, Gainwell & now Homer.

Poor dude - middle of his draft was Pitts, LJax, Mike Thomas, Renfrow, Pierce, Penny, KWIII, Henderson. Tough year.

I mention this bc I think it is emblematic. If you’re seriously looking at Homer, things probably didn’t go your way this season.

I’ve had those years. Keep fighting to the end. If you somehow sneak in, anything can happy in the playoffs. Those are really satisfying years, when you overcome injuries & disappointments, and somehow still find ways to win.

Finally picked up in our league [this morning]. By the 5th place team (7-6 after four straight losses) & KW3 owner.

Poor dude - middle of his draft was Pitts, LJax, Mike Thomas, Renfrow, Pierce, Penny, KWIII, Henderson. Tough year.

I mention this bc I think it is emblematic. If you’re seriously looking at Homer, things probably didn’t go your way this season.

I’ve had those years. Keep fighting to the end. If you somehow sneak in, anything can happy in the playoffs. Those are really satisfying years, when you overcome injuries & disappointments, and somehow still find ways to win.
I get what you’re saying regarding that owner, but I just can’t get behind playing Homer at this point in the year unless I’m desperate.

I may have to start him because of bye week issues. Some good RBs out this week. I’m deciding between Homer and Mason to go with Pollard.

I get what you’re saying regarding that owner, but I just can’t get behind playing Homer at this point in the year unless I’m desperate.

That’s kind of the point right?

He’s a pure desperation play

We have a super active league, WW is always threadbare (18 spots x 12) - 225 players including the IR spots

& everyone still said naw for 4 days lol

I may have to start him because of bye week issues. Some good RBs out this week. I’m deciding between Homer and Mason to go with Pollard.

I feel ya - I might start Bam Knight AND James Cook

might drop one from the Flex but byes/injuries are a real thing

I feel ya - I might start Bam Knight AND James Cook

might drop one from the Flex but byes/injuries are a real thing
No idea why the league has nobody on bye last week and 6 on bye this week. also, there is only a month left In the season.

Any chance this guy's one week what the heck flex play turns into a nice 3-4 week run of starts due to KW3 injury being worse than they let on? Or is Dallas likely to come back in that period as well anyway? Just trying to get a feel for Homer's worth beyond just this week if there is any.

Users who are viewing this thread