What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 (19 season) FBG Playoff League (1 Viewer)

Happy to be an alternate this year.  Helped out with 2nd rd drafts where folks needed help. 

I need a refresher on rules, suspect scoring is same as all other leagues, with ppr and 2 point ppr for TEs. Is the first round only the wild card teams available to be drafted? It seems 8 rounds, so is it:

QB

RB - 2

WR -2

TE

PK

DST

for eight total? or is there a flex where you could have RB-WR-WR-WR- TE or RB-RB-RB-WR-TE or RB-WR-WR-TE-TE?

Stephen Holloway said:
I need a refresher on rules, suspect scoring is same as all other leagues, with ppr and 2 point ppr for TEs. Is the first round only the wild card teams available to be drafted? It seems 8 rounds, so is it:

QB

RB - 2

WR -2

TE

PK

DST

for eight total? or is there a flex where you could have RB-WR-WR-WR- TE or RB-RB-RB-WR-TE or RB-WR-WR-TE-TE?
Week 1 you must draft players only playing in playoff week 1.  10 rounds.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K, 1 Flex

You may draft a backup QB from the same team as your first QB only.

First week draft is random order. No elimination

Second week we pick slots by week 1 scores. Top 4 scores adding week 1 and 2 advance

Third week we pick slots by week 2 scores. Top 2 advance

Super bowl

Keep up to 2 players each round

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 1 you must draft players only playing in playoff week 1.  10 rounds.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K, 1 Flex

You may draft a backup QB from the same team as your first QB only.

First week draft is random order. No elimination

Second week we pick slots by week 1 scores. Top 4 scores adding week 1 and 2 advance

Third week we pick slots by week 2 scores. Top 2 advance

Super bowl

Keep up to 2 players each round
Good to know, not sure about the QB back-up, you get insurance for injury at the cost of a flex player?

Good to know, not sure about the QB back-up, you get insurance for injury at the cost of a flex player?

Yup. Really only applies if we have a questionable qb designation. 
Yeah, I think we implemented that rule with Watson? Maybe it was another stud QB who had a minor injury when we drafted. 

It's a risk, but by the end of the draft you're passing on like the backup tight end or 5th wr. 

Sorry. Slammed until this evening. Will get this rolling tonight 
What is going to be the time limit per picks? Starting within 48 hours of the kick-offs would give about an hour and a half per pick, even if we are drafting straight through the night.

Suggest a two-hour clock thru Noon on Friday and likely may need picks even quicker than that.

1.011.BassnbrewWaiting On Bassnbrew For The Next Pick - 

1.022.Bro1ncos  

1.033.Stephen Holloway  

1.044.OZ  

1.055.BroncoFreak  

1.066.Stinkin Ref  

1.077.Crippler  

1.088.Duckboy

I don't remember the league pw but sent everyone an invite except Broncofreak (need an email).  Generated the draft order and got the one spot so I have drafted and we are underway.

I don't remember the league pw but sent everyone an invite except Broncofreak (need an email).  Generated the draft order and got the one spot so I have drafted and we are underway.
Convenient ;)

Thanks for setting it up

Stephen Holloway said:
What is going to be the time limit per picks? Starting within 48 hours of the kick-offs would give about an hour and a half per pick, even if we are drafting straight through the night.

Suggest a two-hour clock thru Noon on Friday and likely may need picks even quicker than that.
Let's try to get through the first round and then I'll set a clock.  I'll accept any help pm-ing and contacting owners.  The good thing is with only 8 teams, 25% of the league is on the turn.

Convenient ;)

Thanks for setting it up
Yup, very convenient.  I think you may have gotten an e-mail saying how the league draft order was generated.  If you did, please forward to me because my e-mail was entered at the time.  Also post the password if you remember it from last year.  I believe we co-commished last year.

Yup, very convenient.  I think you may have gotten an e-mail saying how the league draft order was generated.  If you did, please forward to me because my e-mail was entered at the time.  Also post the password if you remember it from last year.  I believe we co-commished last year.
I think so, but I have totally forgotten how to get the password or what it is

I didn't get an email about the draft order, but no biggie

Last edited by a moderator:
And we're off...

I pretty much knew drawing the 4 that I'd be taking my homeboy and hoping for the best.

Oh Henry! :excited:

I think so, but I have totally forgotten how to get the password or what it is

I didn't get an email about the draft order, but no biggie
I guess you didn't get the e-mail because you're the commish.  I just setup up mobile draft notification and it came from your e-mail.

Ref said he'd be at work in 25 min for his pick.

WR WR to start the draft. Definitely like the value of the #1 and #2 picks got with Michael Thomas and A Kamara. Settled for Hopkins and feel lucky that A.J. Brown fell all the way to WR7. Not quite done with two rounds and we are under 28 hours to the first kick-off. Everybody continue to text and PM the next drafters to keep us moving.

WR WR to start the draft. Definitely like the value of the #1 and #2 picks got with Michael Thomas and A Kamara. Settled for Hopkins and feel lucky that A.J. Brown fell all the way to WR7. Not quite done with two rounds and we are under 28 hours to the first kick-off. Everybody continue to text and PM the next drafters to keep us moving.
I was " " this close to taking AJ this round but didn't want 2 Titans. Probably should have, but I'm a little concerned that the pats corners will shut him down.  He only needs a play or two to make the pick very worth it. But I figured brother John has a better chance of a nice game, and a better chance that I'll have a player to keep next round. 

Still, I'll be cheering for him fo sho.

Users who are viewing this thread