Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BassNBrew

2020 (19 season) FBG Playoff League

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Problem is he gets to make his pick in between the 6th and 7th round.

I think the easiest way may be to just have @Stinkin Ref post here when that pick should happen and then just load the player to the roster manually. We'll just have to be prepared so the pick doesn't get passed before he can pick. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

The 7 and 8 spot are going to end up with some really nice players.

Yep.  I was very close to taking the 6. Would have ended up with Tyreek and Brown. We'll see if I chose poorly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that worked, I think. 

Hopefully Fuller plays this weekend

@BassNBrew otc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed the draft.  Gave Ref two picks in round 7 including the first one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a night. Really needed sleep, so went to bed around 10:00 and was very tired. Steroids overcame weariness and kept me awake. Finally went to sleep around 1:30 and back at it again this morning early. Three more of those wire me up pills this morning so not sure what bedtime will be like tonight.

Surprised that Gus Edwards was still available since Ingram has not practiced this week, so I really wanted to add him at RB, but with @Duckboy not having a QB, thought that I had to take Russell Wilson first. With the Seahawks running game weakened by injury (I guess some think that the old man can dominate again, but I think that this game will be on Wilson. Really glad to get him. Did not want anybody else still available, being well behind and needing a big QB score to gain ground on the leaders. Thought that Duckboy would not want Edwards since he is in my position and needs to gamble a bit to make up points and already had Ingram.

Great pace yesterday, so hopeful that we can complete this draft today and take a few football down days to rest up for the weekend. Besides being a Saints fan and their third straight season of almost, the games were awesome. Could not believe that Buffalo fell apart as they did and yet still had a chance to win. Allen made so many "rookie" errors down the stretch that they should not have even had a chance.

My weekend take is Kansas City will dominate Houston and win big. I expect Baltimore to limit Henry and force Tannehill to beat them and even as well as he has played, this is a huge spot for him to prove his value and I just don't think he has the rise up and take over in him, so Baltimore will also win, but maybe not by as much as most think. All season the Packers have escaped with wins in close games and even with Seattle's injuries, I think that they control the game and win in Green Bay. It will be very interesting whether Rodgers can put together some magic and I think the Packers will want to run the ball as long as they can to shorten the game. I am still not sold on San Francisco, but also think that if the 49ers can limit Cook, they will win handily this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ravens run defense seems really inconsistent. They'll keep Chubb to 45 one game, 165 in another, and allow Mostert 145.  Top 5 in fewest rushing yards allowed, but 21st by ypc. 

They have to focus on Henry, but I still expect over 100 from him. Tanny will clearly have to do more than last week. I expect a great game. 

I'm obviously thinking SF beats Seattle. KC should dominate Houston unless Fuller goes off big. He's the key to that game imo. 

Vikings over Packers. Book it. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

The Ravens run defense seems really inconsistent. They'll keep Chubb to 45 one game, 165 in another, and allow Mostert 145.  Top 5 in fewest rushing yards allowed, but 21st by ypc. 

They have to focus on Henry, but I still expect over 100 from him. Tanny will clearly have to do more than last week. I expect a great game. 

I'm obviously thinking SF beats Seattle. KC should dominate Houston unless Fuller goes off big. He's the key to that game imo. 

Vikings over Packers. Book it. ;)

uhhhhh.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

The Ravens run defense seems really inconsistent. They'll keep Chubb to 45 one game, 165 in another, and allow Mostert 145.  Top 5 in fewest rushing yards allowed, but 21st by ypc. 

They have to focus on Henry, but I still expect over 100 from him. Tanny will clearly have to do more than last week. I expect a great game. 

I'm obviously thinking SF beats Seattle. KC should dominate Houston unless Fuller goes off big. He's the key to that game imo. 

Vikings over Packers. Book it. ;)

Unpossible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

uhhhhh.....

 

33 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Unpossible

Whoops. Total brain fart.

The West wins 3, South wins 1 this weekend

Edited by -OZ-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

@BassNBrew is up and @-OZ- is on deck

@BassNBrewotc

So now I have 3 49ers, 2 Titans and 2 Texans.

It's entirely possible I have zero keepers next week, if I make it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how that happened....I did not predraft that round....only predrafted round 5....think I have commish access I will change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I have no idea how that happened....I did not predraft that round....only predrafted round 5....think I have commish access I will change

Must have been when the pick got added in or something.  I had a predraft for 7.09 of either NO D or NE D that I had to clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I forget how bad these last rounds get. At this point Butthead might be a good pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Man, I forget how bad these last rounds get. At this point Butthead might be a good pick

Just remember gb you cant pick him more than 3 times

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final two picks were tough. I missed when @Stinkin Ref took Bourne so had to review a few options and settled on MVS of Green Bay. Not happy with that but took him over two others. Last pick was my tight end and went with Boyle over two others closely ranked.

Going to be an uphill climb to make the top four. I must out score by around 25 three of Crippler, Ref, Bass and Bfreak and also outs or Duckboy.

Enjoy the games , I am looking forward to an indoor weekend with football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Final two picks were tough. I missed when @Stinkin Ref took Bourne so had to review a few options and settled on MVS of Green Bay. Not happy with that but took him over two others. Last pick was my tight end and went with Boyle over two others closely ranked.

Going to be an uphill climb to make the top four. I must out score by around 25 three of Crippler, Ref, Bass and Bfreak and also outs or Duckboy.

Enjoy the games , I am looking forward to an indoor weekend with football.

I was ready to take MVS. instead I get a rookie 3rd string back, who I actually like enough to have him in other leagues. But don't expect anything from this week.

We're getting major thunderstorms Saturday, so it should be a good day to get some stuff done and watch the games. It happens to be my oldest sons birthdays, I'll be taking one shooting and to the local Hunt club. 🤜🤛 Football, guns, beer (for me) and bison burgers. Should be a great 17th for him.  

Edited by -OZ-
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See how fast we can complete a draft when there isn't a big, fat anchor slowing us down. 🤣🤣

I felt fairly comfortable with the draft except getting sniped by BnB on Homer and Seth Roberts. Went with Hurst as my flex figuring he should be good for a few points and also gives me TE insurance in case Andrews can't go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a quick analysis on projections of both Dodd and Bloom

With Dodds projections, no change in the standings going into this week

  1. Oz 116.8 + 116.1 = 232.9
  2. Bro1ncos 102.35 + 109.2 = 211.55
  3. Crippler 93.75 + 105.7 = 199.45
  4. BassnBrew 91.1 + 105.00 = 190.30
  5. BroncoFreak 86.9 + 103.4 = 190.3
  6. Stinkin Ref 92.25 + 93.7 = 185.98
  7. Holloway 69.5 + 114.9 = 184.4
  8. Duckboy 69.35 + 97.3 = 166.65 - Dodds is projecting Humphries doesn't play

 

With Bloom's projections, BroncoFreak sneaks into 4th

  1. Oz 116.8 + 118.8 = 235.6 - Bloom is projecting Fuller doesn't play
  2. Bro1ncos 102.35 + 108.2 = 210.55
  3. Crippler 93.75 + 106.4 = 200.15
  4. BroncoFreak 86.9 + 110.6 = 197.5
  5. Holloway 69.5 + 120.8 = 190.3
  6. Stinkin Ref 92.25 + 95.3 = 187.55
  7. BassnBrew 91.1 + 87.9 = 179.00 - Bloom is projecting McCoy doesn't play
  8. Duckboy 69.35 + 89.8 = 159.15 - Bloom is projecting Ingram and Humphries do not play

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Did a quick analysis on projections of both Dodd and Bloom

With Dodds projections, no change in the standings going into this week

  1. Oz 116.8 + 116.1 = 232.9
  2. Bro1ncos 102.35 + 109.2 = 211.55
  3. Crippler 93.75 + 105.7 = 199.45
  4. BassnBrew 91.1 + 105.00 = 190.30
  5. BroncoFreak 86.9 + 103.4 = 190.3
  6. Stinkin Ref 92.25 + 93.7 = 185.98
  7. Holloway 69.5 + 114.9 = 184.4
  8. Duckboy 69.35 + 97.3 = 166.65 - Dodds is projecting Humphries doesn't play

 

With Bloom's projections, BroncoFreak sneaks into 4th

  1. Oz 116.8 + 118.8 = 235.6 - Bloom is projecting Fuller doesn't play
  2. Bro1ncos 102.35 + 108.2 = 210.55
  3. Crippler 93.75 + 106.4 = 200.15
  4. BroncoFreak 86.9 + 110.6 = 197.5
  5. Holloway 69.5 + 120.8 = 190.3
  6. Stinkin Ref 92.25 + 95.3 = 187.55
  7. BassnBrew 91.1 + 87.9 = 179.00 - Bloom is projecting McCoy doesn't play
  8. Duckboy 69.35 + 89.8 = 159.15 - Bloom is projecting Ingram and Humphries do not play

 

Thanks for doing this.  My thoughts on the draft.

Came into this draft in 5th place, but essentially 3 points separates 3rd to 5th and 6th is within 5 pts of me.  The clearest path for me to advance is to get a QB who scores a lot of points.  The smartest play to win this league would have been to lock down great keepers going into next round.  That left me torn between the 3rd spot to guarantee either Lamar or Patrick or the 7th spot for Adams/Williams.  Figured I needed to take care of business now so I slotted into the 3rd spot.  I was very close to taking Mahomes at the 3 spot.  I think the Chiefs are going to take it down this year, which lead me to taking Watkins in the 2nd.  That pick will likely break me.  Watkins is fools gold that I fall for every year.  Probably should have taken Samuel or Fuller there.  Fuller was the intriguing option and I really thought he would slide to me in the 3rd.  OZ nixed that plan.  Wasn't big Homer, but knew RBs would get scarce.  If Lamar does what he's done all year, I needed so safe picks to add points.  I was surprised at many of the picks between my 3rd and 4th round.  I was happy to see Coleman available in the late 4th.  I know his usage has been down, but he will get some touches and has big play ability.  Consider Still and Davis instead, but gambled that one would survive the turn.  I was wrong.  McCoy filled my flex.  Hoping that Reid's love for him and the rumors they were keeping him fresh for the playoffs are true.  It was a long wait until my next pick and I thought the picks in between were very solid.  I wanted Robinson or Bourne here, but they both fell just prior.  Had 4 similar ranked WRs so I decided to grab my kicker first.  Probably should have taken taken Bailey here instead of Crosby who will be kicking a rock in GB, but wanted to have another player going in the last game in case I was behind.  Stupid reasoning on my part.  I didn't have a defensive preference at this point so I toke my 3rd WR.  Roberts rarely eats a donut and I had a feeling the race for the 4th spot will be close so his 3 points may help.  That left the last D Houston for me in the last round.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Did a quick analysis on projections of both Dodd and Bloom

With Dodds projections, no change in the standings going into this week

  1. Oz 116.8 + 116.1 = 232.9
  2. Bro1ncos 102.35 + 109.2 = 211.55
  3. Crippler 93.75 + 105.7 = 199.45
  4. BassnBrew 91.1 + 105.00 = 190.30
  5. BroncoFreak 86.9 + 103.4 = 190.3
  6. Stinkin Ref 92.25 + 93.7 = 185.98
  7. Holloway 69.5 + 114.9 = 184.4
  8. Duckboy 69.35 + 97.3 = 166.65 - Dodds is projecting Humphries doesn't play

 

With Bloom's projections, BroncoFreak sneaks into 4th

  1. Oz 116.8 + 118.8 = 235.6 - Bloom is projecting Fuller doesn't play
  2. Bro1ncos 102.35 + 108.2 = 210.55
  3. Crippler 93.75 + 106.4 = 200.15
  4. BroncoFreak 86.9 + 110.6 = 197.5
  5. Holloway 69.5 + 120.8 = 190.3
  6. Stinkin Ref 92.25 + 95.3 = 187.55
  7. BassnBrew 91.1 + 87.9 = 179.00 - Bloom is projecting McCoy doesn't play
  8. Duckboy 69.35 + 89.8 = 159.15 - Bloom is projecting Ingram and Humphries do not play

 

So I’ll get either outright 4th or a tie for fourth depending on who’s projections hit. I’ll take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

So I’ll get either outright 4th or a tie for fourth depending on who’s projections hit. I’ll take it.

How do we break ties? Probably won't happen but I'd recommend for the first round, the first tie breaker would be week 2 score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Thanks for doing this.  My thoughts on the draft.

Came into this draft in 5th place, but essentially 3 points separates 3rd to 5th and 6th is within 5 pts of me.  The clearest path for me to advance is to get a QB who scores a lot of points.  The smartest play to win this league would have been to lock down great keepers going into next round.  That left me torn between the 3rd spot to guarantee either Lamar or Patrick or the 7th spot for Adams/Williams.  Figured I needed to take care of business now so I slotted into the 3rd spot.  I was very close to taking Mahomes at the 3 spot.  I think the Chiefs are going to take it down this year, which lead me to taking Watkins in the 2nd.  That pick will likely break me.  Watkins is fools gold that I fall for every year.  Probably should have taken Samuel or Fuller there.  Fuller was the intriguing option and I really thought he would slide to me in the 3rd.  OZ nixed that plan.  Wasn't big Homer, but knew RBs would get scarce.  If Lamar does what he's done all year, I needed so safe picks to add points.  I was surprised at many of the picks between my 3rd and 4th round.  I was happy to see Coleman available in the late 4th.  I know his usage has been down, but he will get some touches and has big play ability.  Consider Still and Davis instead, but gambled that one would survive the turn.  I was wrong.  McCoy filled my flex.  Hoping that Reid's love for him and the rumors they were keeping him fresh for the playoffs are true.  It was a long wait until my next pick and I thought the picks in between were very solid.  I wanted Robinson or Bourne here, but they both fell just prior.  Had 4 similar ranked WRs so I decided to grab my kicker first.  Probably should have taken taken Bailey here instead of Crosby who will be kicking a rock in GB, but wanted to have another player going in the last game in case I was behind.  Stupid reasoning on my part.  I didn't have a defensive preference at this point so I toke my 3rd WR.  Roberts rarely eats a donut and I had a feeling the race for the 4th spot will be close so his 3 points may help.  That left the last D Houston for me in the last round.

As someone who was well behind, I was set to take Jackson or Mahomes in the first round, but sadly they were both gone. Took Russell next as the 5th QB in the third round, still thinking that I needed points on the crowd since I was behind. He is the only QB left that might provide delta to catch up on other owners. Seattle has not done well in Green Bay historically and has lots of injuries, but their chances likely ride on Wilson. Tough drafting for sure when you are down as far as Duckboy and I were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

How do we break ties? Probably won't happen but I'd recommend for the first round, the first tie breaker would be week 2 score. 

That sounds good.

Going forward in the next rounds, the most players/positions on a winning team and then prior weeks score as the 2nd tiebreak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 catches on the opening drive for Emmanuel Sanders and then nothing the rest of the game. Not even sure he even got another target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OZ    116.80 + 76.2 = 193 + Hyde/Fuller/Fairbairn (27.4) = 220.4

Per Dodds, OZ has already clinched a spot.  He's in the drivers seat for best keepers and first choice of draft slot.

Bassnbr    91.10 + 76.05 = 167.15 + Homer/Mccoy/Watkins/Hollister/Crosby/Texans (55) = 222.15

Lamar did what was needed and Coleman surprised.  Probably need 25 pts to advance, but 35 would be safer.

SR    92.25 + 64.4 = 156.65 + Hill/Lazard (25.9) = 182.55

Dodds says 194.2 takes the last spot so Ref needs about 40 points.  Huge game from from Hill and a long Lazard TD puts him in play.

BroncoF    86.90 + 58.1 = 145 + Mahomes/Hardman/Packers (42.8) = 187.8

Personally I think Mahomes is woefully under projected.  Add another 10 to the estimate.  TD to Hardman and he advances.  The bonus is that any TD to Hardman comes at the expense of the 4 guys he's fighting with for a spot.

Bro1nco    102.35 + 36.5 = 138.85 + Watson/Johnson/Williams/Metcalf/Butker/Robinson/Seahawks (73.8) = 212.65

Should be unbarring a Watson injury and can chase a one seed.

Ducky    69.35 + 60.70 = 130.05 + Adams/Moore/Fells (33.4) = 163.45

Not sure I see a path to advance here.

Crippler    93.75 + 1 = 94.75 + Rodgers/Lynch/Thompson/Allison/Lockett/Stills/Graham/Kelce/Myers (99.7) = 194.2

Not sure Crippler realize he could draft players on Saturday.  So many routes to success.

SH    69.50 + 13.8 = 83.3 + Wilson/Jones/Williams/MVS/Chefs (78.3) = 161.6

On paper not looking good.  That said he wisely drafted a path to advancement.  Wilson rushing TDs cripple his opponents.  Jones and Williams dominating not only raise his score, they reduce his opponents output.

Edited by BassNBrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

OZ    116.80 + 76.2 = 193 + Hyde/Fuller/Fairbairn (27.4) = 220.4

Per Dodds, OZ has already clinched a spot.  He's in the drivers seat for best keepers and first choice of draft slot.

 

Looks like a couple high scoring games could catch me. KC/HOU should be big. 

I do like having Henry and kittle if I do make it.  If Fuller is healthy (and plays like it) that will help a lot.  This is far from over. 

But damn I'm happy with my boys from Nashville. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a little more to go, looks like crippler with the big day from Kelce, bassnbrew and bro1nco should make it with me... :oldunsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crippler takes the lead, and we actually have a tie! So going off the rule proposed, BnB selects 3rd. 

@Crippler 93.75 + 156.35 = 250.1

Oz 116.8 + 106.3 = 223.1

@BassNBrew 91.1 +  121.75 = 212.85

@bro1ncos102.35 + 110.5 = 212.85

BroncoFreak 86.9 +  118.35 = 205.25

Holloway 69.5 +  116.05 = 185.55

Duckboy 69.35 +  111.5 = 180.85

Stinkin Ref 92.25 +  72.4 = 164.65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will keep

Travis Kelce

Jimmy Graham

i will take spot 4

@-OZ-

Edited by Crippler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s do keepers and draft spot selection on Wednesday and draft Thursday 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crippler said:

I will keep

Travis Kelce

Jimmy Graham

i will take spot 4

@-OZ-

 

17 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Let’s do keepers and draft spot selection on Wednesday and draft Thursday 

I'll figure out my spot Wednesday.

Keepers are easy, Henry and Kittle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is even easier. 

Only keeper is Sanders and I'll take the draft slot you guys leave me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 8:03 AM, BassNBrew said:

Let’s do keepers and draft spot selection on Wednesday and draft Thursday 

 

On 1/13/2020 at 8:26 AM, bro1ncos said:

Mine is even easier. 

Only keeper is Sanders and I'll take the draft slot you guys leave me. 

I'll take the 3. Henry and Kittle are kept

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll keep Coleman and Sammy "Fools Gold" Watkins.

I'll take the first draft spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 6:07 AM, Crippler said:

I will keep

Travis Kelce

Jimmy Graham

i will take spot 4

@-OZ-

 

On 1/13/2020 at 8:26 AM, bro1ncos said:

Mine is even easier. 

Only keeper is Sanders and I'll take the draft slot you guys leave me. 

 

On 1/14/2020 at 9:35 AM, -OZ- said:

 

I'll take the 3. Henry and Kittle are kept

 

5 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I'll keep Coleman and Sammy "Fools Gold" Watkins.

I'll take the first draft spot.

 

5 hours ago, bro1ncos said:

Guess that leaves me the 2

1. Bassnbrew, Coleman Watkins

2. Bro1ncos, Sanders

3. Oz, Henry kittle

4. Crippler, Kelce Grahamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I think I got everything set up correctly.  @-OZ- should be up.

@bro1ncos You have a 7.1 pre-draft set.  Not sure how that got there.  

@Crippler You are on deck.

@Cripplerotc

Thanks for setting this up BnB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was still getting update emails so I checked into the site to stop that and then I just had to come here and say @Stinkin Ref is it just a bit odd that given all the grief that @BassNBrew gave you all season long in IBL about Mahomes, he has drafted him at first opportunity in consecutive drafts. Not that it was a bad pick, just kind of a huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bro1ncos otc

This should be quick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.