What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Henry Ruggs III (2 Viewers)

The dad's description was a little odd but probably nothing...or something....

"He was trying to move a trailer or something -- move his furniture or something -- and the trailer just kind of pinned him against a car or a wall or something," Henry Ruggs Jr. told the newspaper. "He's pretty much OK, I'm about to go out there and see him in a little bit. It was just like a little open wound on his leg, a little incision. Like something had stuck him right there on his thigh a little bit."

Unless what really happened is that he got stabbed at a club or in a domestic, that's silly.
Yeah. Bad take by me on this last night. Found out yesterday that after 32 years with my company My income will be slashed 66% in a few months and had maybe one or two beers too many. He’s not off my board and I hope this isn’t too serious for him

I apologize for my take on this 

finfansteve said:
Yeah. Bad take by me on this last night. Found out yesterday that after 32 years with my company My income will be slashed 66% in a few months and had maybe one or two beers too many. He’s not off my board and I hope this isn’t too serious for him

sorry man

finfansteve said:

Sorry to hear that. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports first-round Raiders WR Henry Ruggs (thigh) is expected to be ready for training camp. 

Ruggs required stitches after supposedly "(getting) pinned between a trailer and a car while helping a friend move." Schefter reports he suffered no "muscular damage." Hopefully this is the last we ever hear of it. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Jun 11, 2020, 8:50 PM ET

Raiders signed first-round WR Henry Ruggs to a four-year, $16.67 million contract.

He'll officially sign the dotted line once he arrives for training camp in a few days. That's when we should also receive an update on his injured thigh. Ruggs (5'11"/188) declared for the NFL Draft after recording 40/746/7 as a true junior at Alabama. He operated as the No. 3 target behind NFL prospects Jerry Jeudy and Devonta Smith, which limited his career reception count to just 98 catches. His 13.5 yards per target still ranked as the second-best mark in this year's class. While known for being a deep threat, Ruggs showed rare burst (1.43-second 10-yard split) and abilities after the catch on underneath targets, particularly on slants and shallow crossers. He nearly burnt down Lucas Oil Stadium when he showed a 99th-percentile Adjusted SPARQ score at the Combine, running the 40-yard dash in 4.27 seconds. Already coming off a highly-efficient season as a 20-year-old, Ruggs should only get better with more in-game reps, profiling as a play-caller's dream in his first year and a potential WR1 on the Will Fuller/Tyreek Hill spectrum later in his career. Unfortunately, Las Vegas' offense is far from an ideal fit as Derek Carr ranked 30th-overall in attempts 20-plus yards downfield last year. Ruggs will likely be more useful for his own team across from Tyrell Williams than he will be for fantasy in year one.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 21, 2020, 12:11 PM ET

Raiders signed first-round WR Henry Ruggs to a four-year, $16.67 million contract.

He'll officially sign the dotted line once he arrives for training camp in a few days. That's when we should also receive an update on his injured thigh. Ruggs (5'11"/188) declared for the NFL Draft after recording 40/746/7 as a true junior at Alabama. He operated as the No. 3 target behind NFL prospects Jerry Jeudy and Devonta Smith, which limited his career reception count to just 98 catches. His 13.5 yards per target still ranked as the second-best mark in this year's class. While known for being a deep threat, Ruggs showed rare burst (1.43-second 10-yard split) and abilities after the catch on underneath targets, particularly on slants and shallow crossers. He nearly burnt down Lucas Oil Stadium when he showed a 99th-percentile Adjusted SPARQ score at the Combine, running the 40-yard dash in 4.27 seconds. Already coming off a highly-efficient season as a 20-year-old, Ruggs should only get better with more in-game reps, profiling as a play-caller's dream in his first year and a potential WR1 on the Will Fuller/Tyreek Hill spectrum later in his career. Unfortunately, Las Vegas' offense is far from an ideal fit as Derek Carr ranked 30th-overall in attempts 20-plus yards downfield last year. Ruggs will likely be more useful for his own team across from Tyrell Williams than he will be for fantasy in year one.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 21, 2020, 12:11 PM ET
Here's a guy who's value may not be close to what it is now this time next year.  Wait until next year and try and get him cheap when his owner is instant gratification Joe.

Maybe I'm undervaluing Ruggs.......maybe.  Perhaps there is more to his game other than speed that I'm overlooking. ....maybe.

Here's a guy who's value may not be close to what it is now this time next year.  Wait until next year and try and get him cheap when his owner is instant gratification Joe.
The issue with this approach is that Ruggs is the type of player that could have a down year overall statistically, but all it will take is a couple splash plays for his owners to salivate over his upside

Raiders OC Greg Olson said first-round WR Henry Ruggs will start in the slot.

“We’ll start with Ruggs III in the slot and do some things with Ruggs III," Olson said. "But those guys (Ruggs and Bryan Edwards) are very multiple in what they can do and that’s the goal is to be able to move all of them around to different spots; the one, two or three position at the wide receiver.” Ruggs is no stranger to that role as he ran 18.4% of his routes from the slot in his final year at Alabama, but it's an important note since it would oddly leave Hunter Renfrow, who led Las Vegas' wide receivers in targets (71) last year, off the field. Tyrell Williams and third-rounder Bryan Edwards (6’3/212), who totaled the third-most receptions (324) and fourth-most receiving yards (3,045) in SEC history as a four-year starter at South Carolina, are expected to start at the team's X and Z positions on the outside.

SOURCE: Raiders Wire on Twitter

Aug 6, 2020, 9:18 AM ET

NFL training camp 2020: Helmets come out, Dak talks contract, Ruggs burns on deep ball

Excerpt:

Yes, Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III is fast. Real fast. And QB Derek Carr hit him perfectly in stride on a go-route to the right pylon in drills on Wednesday. But Ruggs did have a couple of gnarly-looking drops, one on an intermediate crossing pattern, going right to left, and another when he muffed a punt. Chalk it up to nerves, right? Beyond Ruggs, the interior of the Raiders' new indoor facility is a thing to behold for a franchise that has long had second-class status in terms of home digs. It has all the bells and whistles players could imagine. -- Paul Gutierrez

The Athletic's Vic Tafur said Raiders WR Nelson Agholor will "do enough in this offense to make fantasy owners of Henry Ruggs, Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow upset."

If you get upset after drafting Renfrow in a fantasy league, that's on you. The Raiders only gave Agholor a $1 million contract this offseason, so any notable production from him would a surprise to everyone including Las Vegas, especially after the Raiders invested in two receivers in the 2020 NFL Draft. Expect the Raiders to trot out Ruggs and Williams in two-receiver sets with Renfrow joining them in three-receiver sets whenever they don't opt for two tight ends.
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1293626551909494784

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/11149/nelson-agholor

The dad's description was a little odd but probably nothing...or something....

"He was trying to move a trailer or something -- move his furniture or something -- and the trailer just kind of pinned him against a car or a wall or something," Henry Ruggs Jr. told the newspaper. "He's pretty much OK, I'm about to go out there and see him in a little bit. It was just like a little open wound on his leg, a little incision. Like something had stuck him right there on his thigh a little bit."
probably just not a good speaker - kind of like his version of "ummmm".

Last edited by a moderator:

NFL training camp 2020: Helmets come out, Dak talks contract, Ruggs burns on deep ball

Excerpt:

Yes, Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III is fast. Real fast. And QB Derek Carr hit him perfectly in stride on a go-route to the right pylon in drills on Wednesday. But Ruggs did have a couple of gnarly-looking drops, one on an intermediate crossing pattern, going right to left, and another when he muffed a punt. Chalk it up to nerves, right? Beyond Ruggs, the interior of the Raiders' new indoor facility is a thing to behold for a franchise that has long had second-class status in terms of home digs. It has all the bells and whistles players could imagine. -- Paul Gutierrez
So far so good.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/19/raiders-qb-derek-carr-and-wr-henry-ruggs-still-working-on-connection/

Tuesday, Carr threw a ball for Ruggs that was perfect. Ruggs got a step on his man, Carr anticipated it, put the ball in the air and Ruggs ran under it. The ball dropped right over his shoulder to his waiting arms. Then right through his waiting arms and to the turf.
Not saying that I'm underestimating Derek Carr's arm but he really does need to to quit worry about overthrowing his passes to Ruggs.  And he seems to be underestimating Ruggs' speed.  I know his tendency to be conservative but he sometime just need to gun it and see how it goes.

from a dynasty perspective, this guy seems to have one of the best shots among rookie WRs to have more value next offseason than this.

So as someone who hangs out more on Narrative Street, what do the more analytic folks think of the Raiders WR stat prospects this season?

I'm terrible at projections, and I'm having a tough time differentiating the prospects of Ruggs and Edwards. Both look to be solidly entrenched as starters on Day 1, which is perhaps surprising from 4 months ago, and there is undoubtedly value to be mined in the Raiders passing game - especially where these two are being drafted. If Ruggs really turns into a WR1 for his team, then being drafted in the 11th in ppr seems like tremendous value. 

After a rookie draft snafu (don't ask), I ended up with Ruggs. Haven't seen much of Carr in his career but it looks like Ruggs could be his 2nd option right away.  Carr seems to be getting better with age which can only help Henry succeed.

Big day for Henry Ruggs as Raiders stage mock game at Allegiant 

Excerpt:

If the Raiders’ mock game on Friday was any indication of what will happen when the season begins, then rookie receiver Henry Ruggs is the real deal.

Ruggs was everywhere during the team’s tightly managed practice at Allegiant Stadium, hauling in several passes on deep crossing routes and showing off his preternatural speed by pulling away from the secondary for long gains. The dominant performance was a good sign for the No. 11 overall pick from Alabama, who has sparked the offense throughout training camp.

Users who are viewing this thread