What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dolphins vs Patriots - Week 17 (1 Viewer)

Fitz having no problem finding Parker on this almost 7:00 drive as Miami will settle for a short FG. 
His improvised underhand throw to Laird on the first drive was vintage Fitz. He's been under constant pressure, but getting rid of the ball quickly or scrambling to buy time. Parker is winning the early battle vs Gilmore.

His improvised underhand throw to Laird on the first drive was vintage Fitz. He's been under constant pressure, but getting rid of the ball quickly or scrambling to buy time. Parker is winning the early battle vs Gilmore.
What are you anticipating if they Pick 5th-8th depending on today...not exactly going to have whichever QB they want...2021 Draft for QB? 

In theory we will be better next year and picking even further back...this didn't exactly go as planned

What are you anticipating if they Pick 5th-8th depending on today...not exactly going to have whichever QB they want...2021 Draft for QB? 

In theory we will be better next year and picking even further back...this didn't exactly go as planned
3rd through 6th is most likely per Barry Jackson. Tua is an option for this year with their first pick, but his injuries concern me. I'd pick the best available with the first pick, hopefully oline, shutdown CB, edge rusher or even Jeudy. Go for QB later. 

Anybody see that PI on Watson the refs picked up the flag?
Watson ran his route straight upfield. As he left the LOS the defender put his hands on Watson and Watson put his hands on him and pushed him upfield as he continued his route. I always thought the receiver had the right to run his route, but I guess I don't understand the rule completely. 

Miami starts deep in their own territory, manage to move the chains a little and change the field position back to neutral at least as New England will now start on their own 30, probably should be on the 50. 

The NE offense is slow out of the gate. They probably turn it around vs Miami, but I'd be concerned in the playoffs.

NE offense is garbage this year they better not make the SB this year in fact it be great if they lost today so they have to play a wildcard game if KC wins.

Flores was on the head set and it really looked like he knew exactly what Brady was set to do and relaying it to the defense. 

The TV was also highlighting how he was in New England from '04-'18 so I might be skewed a bit here...

What a play, that never happens in December for Miami in Foxsboro, just incredible. 

The NE offense is slow out of the gate. They probably turn it around vs Miami, but I'd be concerned in the playoffs.
They are one and done..They lived on a weak schedule, playoffs they will have KC/ Houston/ Buffalo.. Two of the three already beat them, one in Foxboro, the other was a stomping. The third team was close twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady had an eternity there on 2nd and 11, still couldn't find anyone open. 

Hard to believe Miami secondary is playing them that tight.

Wilson with 2 drops, one was a tough catch, the one on 3rd down was in his hands and would've been a first down. He's gone next year due to a contract that's too big.

Belichick Rule he got from Don Shula..."better to have less time and more timeouts than vice versa" as the guy in the booth questioned that move. 

Super surprising to take the ball out of Brady's hands with 3 TOs and over a minute on the clock before half time. The plan must be to run and throw sparingly. 

Fitz caps a great Miami drive to start the 2nd half after they held New England. 

Pats now playing from behind as Miami burns up half the quarter and Fitz runs it in. 

Miami 17...Pats 10

Go Phins Go!

Fitzpatrick could be our QB of the future. Sign him to an extension?
I hate to say it but he is already under contract next year, you might need to add a year or a little guaranteed money but nothing long term...he signed 2 yr $11M, $7M guaranteed, maybe add some more incentives to raise the contract or a team option, he's 37 and can be prone to turnovers, he isn't a starting QB, he's best off the bench or for a few weeks. 

I hate to say it but he is already under contract next year, you might need to add a year or a little guaranteed money but nothing long term...he signed 2 yr $11M, $7M guaranteed, maybe add some more incentives to raise the contract or a team option, he's 37 and can be prone to turnovers, he isn't a starting QB, he's best off the bench or for a few weeks. 
I was thinking to sign him for one additional year, especially if we draft Tua, who is an injury risk. Fitzpatrick has short comings, but he is almost elite thos year when it comes to avoiding the pass rush and making good decisions.

I just watched a LB score a long TD vs Miami...looked like one of those monsters running down the castle halls in The Beastmaster from early 80s, sustainable offense for sure. 

I just watched a LB score a long TD vs Miami...looked like one of those monsters running down the castle halls in The Beastmaster from early 80s, sustainable offense for sure. 
The fact the Pats have to resort to such tactics against the Dolphins makes me feel better about it.

Miami manages to put together a long drive again with another trick play dialed up but in the end they settle for a FG 

20-17, should be 24-17. 

Miami needs to take away the middle of the field and force things outside the numbers. 

Users who are viewing this thread