What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☹ Official 2020 Las Vegas Raiders thread ☹ (2 Viewers)

Agree, I am hoping that this turns out like 2014 when Mack dropped right to us.

I think there is a real possibility that Lamb, Jeudy, and Simmons are all gone before our pick.

If so, I hope we look at BPA D, preferrably a DT. Derrick Brown may be there but doubt it, so maybe a guy like Kinlaw and target Ruggs for the 19th?

We could use some thumpers inside on the D line. 
This draft looks pretty deep.  The Raiders can take BPA at 12 and 19 and end up with day one starters.  As you pointed out, we may miss out on the players that we really want but still land really good players that make an impact in 2020.    Just like the rest of us,  Gruden/Mayock know WR is especially deep and can draft at the 12 spot accordingly.  Last years draft gave me a lot of faith even though I’m probably less of a fan with the first pick in the 2019 draft than many.   

DocHolliday said:
This draft looks pretty deep.  The Raiders can take BPA at 12 and 19 and end up with day one starters.  As you pointed out, we may miss out on the players that we really want but still land really good players that make an impact in 2020.    Just like the rest of us,  Gruden/Mayock know WR is especially deep and can draft at the 12 spot accordingly.  Last years draft gave me a lot of faith even though I’m probably less of a fan with the first pick in the 2019 draft than many.   
With the deeeeep WR class, would be a good year to have an early-ish 2nd to grab one there. Maybe package up a couple of 3rds to move up into the 2nd? 

I hear and see how deep this WR class is, but as someone who could stand to watch more college ball, how many guys past Jeudy and Lamb do you see could be true WR1s and how do you rank them?

Ruggs looks like consensus #3, but from what I see he's more speed than anything -- sure, he could be the next Tyreek Hill, but he could also be the next James Jett.

Between guys like Reagor, Shenault, Higgins, DeVonta Smith, Jefferson, Aiyuk, and all the rest, how do you rank them, and who do you think has the potential to develop to the true #1 we need? 

I hear and see how deep this WR class is, but as someone who could stand to watch more college ball, how many guys past Jeudy and Lamb do you see could be true WR1s and how do you rank them?

Ruggs looks like consensus #3, but from what I see he's more speed than anything -- sure, he could be the next Tyreek Hill, but he could also be the next James Jett.

Between guys like Reagor, Shenault, Higgins, DeVonta Smith, Jefferson, Aiyuk, and all the rest, how do you rank them, and who do you think has the potential to develop to the true #1 we need? 
I have Shenault ahead of everyone else.  I also think he would be a great fit for Gruden's offense.  He's tough, physical and makes contested catches.  The big concern with him  is health and he doesn't have top end speed, but it's still good.  

I know it's a one year sample size, but due to Mayock's penchant for Clemson players I can see Higgins being taken at 19.

Here is some more fodder for the off season grist mill. On his podcast the GM Shuffle Mike Lombardi conjectured that Gruden could go after Tannehill and trade Carr. Lombardi thinks Gruden could see a lot of similarity between Gannon and Tannehill. 

I would be thrilled if the Raiders landed Higgins or shenault.   Ruggs and Reagor are both interesting with their speed but prefer the Raiders have a true WR 1.   Jeudy and Lamb are not as thick as I would hope but they look like potential stars.

WR, I believe we are set at no worse than #2 of whomever Mayock/Gruden like at 12. Do we skip and wait for 19? Possible. But I can not see more than 1 WR going before 12. 

There's no way this can happen can it?????

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-rules-out-xfl-dishes-on-brady-roethlisberger-smith-schuster-and-reveals-his-plan-for-2020/

Brown said multiple times he still wants to play football and is hoping the league will absolve him of any punishment from separate allegations of sexual assault andburglary with battery by the time 2020 free agency begins on March 18.

"I just want to be on a team that protects my well-being," he said, confirming reports that he's recently spoken with Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden and "hopefully" will be in touch with the Raiders about a reunion in the near future.

There's no way this can happen can it?????

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-rules-out-xfl-dishes-on-brady-roethlisberger-smith-schuster-and-reveals-his-plan-for-2020/

Brown said multiple times he still wants to play football and is hoping the league will absolve him of any punishment from separate allegations of sexual assault andburglary with battery by the time 2020 free agency begins on March 18.

"I just want to be on a team that protects my well-being," he said, confirming reports that he's recently spoken with Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden and "hopefully" will be in touch with the Raiders about a reunion in the near future.
I can not see Mayock and/or Gruden being on board with this. 

I don't see any NFL team giving him a chance at this point. His behavior is on mental disorder level. Something is wrong with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruden and Mayock would be fools to even consider Brown.  I see plenty of other teams that would give him a chance.  
I can see Gruden and Mayock both talking to Brown, just as kind, concerned human beings trying to support a guy and help him get better. But no way they sign him. 

Gruden and Mayock would be fools to even consider Brown.  I see plenty of other teams that would give him a chance.  
I don't see it. Burned the Steelers, burned the Raiders and the Cheatriots had to cut. Two sexual assault allegations. He can't do a single interview that isn't drama filled, saying the stuff you are suppose to say then immediately going back and talking crap. Racist slurs at cops while making horrible comments to his x. It just keeps going. I would be amazed if anyone gives him a chance. 

Reports are that we will go hot and heavy after Littleton. I hope it is true. The Rams won't be able to keep up with us even without considering California taxes vs Nevada no income taxes.

My offseason wish list:

Sign these four to Mayock specials (big dollars per annum, 1-2 yrs guaranteed, with team options in yrs 3 and 4). Only sign Henry if he isn't tagged. No giving up draft picks to sign FAs!

Derrick Henry, RB, Tennessee Titans (transition tag): The transition tag for running backs is projected to be $10.2 million. That sounds like a fair number for the league's leading rusher, while saving the Titans from paying huge long-term guarantees to a back like the Cardinals, Rams and Cowboys have in recent years. Considering Henry's huge workload and lack of chops in the passing game, I'm not certain he would get an attractive long-term offer from another team to lure him away.

Dante Fowler Jr. and Cory Littleton, OLB and ILB, Los Angeles Rams: The Rams signed Fowler to a prove-it deal last year and he proved it. Littleton has evolved into a difference-maker, as well, now one of the premier coverage linebackers in football. If the Rams had more cap room, I'd be more optimistic about using the tag on one of these quality starters.

D.J. Reader, NT, Houston Texans: One of the top true nose tackles in football, Reader had his best season at just the right time. At age 25, he should hope for no tag, so he can cash in on the open market. But that's certainly no guarantee.
Then draft at least one of Jeudy or Lamb (if Gruyock likes them to come in and be an impact WR from go), along with another top WR prospect with one of the 3rd rounders, plus BPA defenders with all the other picks!

(Maybe sneak in a developmental QB, even as high as round 1, if Gruyock sees something special out there.)

LawFitz said:
My offseason wish list:

Sign these four to Mayock specials (big dollars per annum, 1-2 yrs guaranteed, with team options in yrs 3 and 4). Only sign Henry if he isn't tagged. No giving up draft picks to sign FAs!

Then draft at least one of Jeudy or Lamb (if Gruyock likes them to come in and be an impact WR from go), along with another top WR prospect with one of the 3rd rounders, plus BPA defenders with all the other picks!

(Maybe sneak in a developmental QB, even as high as round 1, if Gruyock sees something special out there.)
I would love to get Reader. Nothing flashy but just clogging up that middle causing problems.

This clown can't even protect his own well-being, losing himself $30M from the Raiders and $15M from the Pats. 

He should take care of his own self before whining for others to protect him.

F AB.
Just checking but shouldn't it be team first after accepting any imaginary monies from imaginary suitors?  :oldunsure:

I was leaning towards Juedy before the combine but now sifting to Lamb. 

I can't say I wish I wasn't so busy doing refinances for people to have caught more combine but I do miss being able to spend more time (any time this year) on it.

I was leaning towards Juedy before the combine but now sifting to Lamb. 

I can't say I wish I wasn't so busy doing refinances for people to have caught more combine but I do miss being able to spend more time (any time this year) on it.
It’s a tough call but juedy does look really thin.   Lamb will be the first WR off the board and will not make it to the Raiders.  

It’s hard to ignore Juedy’s production but I think the Raiders should go with a bigger WR over a speed guy as well

DocHolliday said:
Lamb will be the first WR off the board and will not make it to the Raiders.  
Yep, this. Lamb seemed like he cemented himself with his combine performance as the #1.

That said? If Jeudy is there for us, I think we take him and not look back. The guy may be slender and can work on contesting catches and tighten his tracking, but he's the best pure route runner and gains separation consistently in intermediate and deep routes, which is what you need at X.

I do believe Jeudy can be there at 12, and if we get him and either Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen at 19, I think that's a solid round.

We should also be on the lookout for Claypool and Jefferson in later rounds -- both look like they can be quality depth, and might be immediate better options than Rico Gafford, maybe even Doss (though I'd love to see Doss develop). Claypool also was solid in ST coverage at ND, IIRC, so he could add that skillset, maybe replace Harris if Claypool actually has experience in the return game.

Claypool is a baller. If he doesn't go in the 2nd it will just be because this draft is so insanely deep on WR's. 

Here is what I am thinking will happen... 

We are about to go on a spending spree. We will spend bringing in FA's on defense. 

I believe Littleton is the top target. After that I don't really have a feeling on specific players but another LB, and a CB or two will be there. If Jospeh is offered a ton of cash elsewhere then another S but I expect us to give him a decent offer to stay. Throw in a DT potentially. They will swing gor the fences when they can and get playmakers but fill the holes. 

I don't see is going after much on offense. The BS about whatever dumb idea QB isn't going to happen. I think we all know our first pick is going WR and it is just a matter of who. They might make depth plays. 

After the WR, Mayock is going to go after who he likes best. We all like going LB on that second pick but I am not sure that is what we do... it could be.... but if we hit on FA signings the need goes away and Mayock/Gruden will draft the guys they like. WR happens to be such a strength if a position and the need is so strong that it is hard to think of doing anything else with that 12.

Jeudy is really good and I do not worry about his size at all.  As STC pointed out he is a great route runner.  Jeudy/Murray at 12 and 19 would be as close to a perfect first two picks as I could imagine.

In FA i think the Raiders will go hard after Byron Jones

Jeudy is really good and I do not worry about his size at all.  As STC pointed out he is a great route runner.  Jeudy/Murray at 12 and 19 would be as close to a perfect first two picks as I could imagine.

In FA i think the Raiders will go hard after Byron Jones
I think we will grab a couple of vet CB's. Byron makes sense as the top CB FA. I am always reluctant just to tap the top FA player in a position and even more so with a guy like Mayock who knows you need to find the right fit. I am not saying Byron isn't the right fit. I am saying I don't know. I have heard chatter about going after Harris. 

Jeudy looks great as a #1. Kind of reminds me of a Marvin Harrison. Great route runner who consistently gets separation and reliable hands while CeeDee seems more like a Hopkins or Beckham type of player that may not be as consistent but makes wow plays. I generally like the technician over the athlete but it is no knock to be compared to Hopkins. I would be very happy with Jeudy for our #1 and then late going back to the well and getting Claypool. Seriously... Jeudy, Williams, Renfrow, Claypool and then Waller and Moreau... that is a pretty awesome group of targets.

+1

a perfect kind of "not a really threat, but young and showed some sparks" kind of backup QB.  And this would hopefully/finally shut up all the effin Brady to the Raiders talk. ugh
Another possibility is if Brady signs with Titans then the Raiders could make a play for Tannehill.  I think either could be a good fit in Gruden's offense, but I think I'd prefer Tannehill.  Mariota seems a lot like Carr in that he's a bit reluctant to use his legs even though he can and he is also averse to throwing the ball down the field.

Obvious move, hopefully a prelude to getting Littleton. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-release-tahir-whitehead-204815694.html

The Raiders have cleared some cap space ahead of the start of the new league year.

The team announced the release of veteran linebacker Tahir Whitehead on Monday. The move clears $6.25 million of Whitehead’s $7.291 million cap number from the Raiders’ books.

Whitehead signed a three-year contract with the Raiders in 2018 after spending six seasons with the Lions. Whitehead started every game for the team over the last two seasons while recording 234 tackles, one interception and one forced fumble.

Free agency may bring further changes to the team’s linebacking corps. Will Compton said he expects to hit the open market and Kyle Wilber is also set to become an unrestricted free agent next week.

We got a Free Agent!  It's a ho-hummer, Nick Kwiatkowski from da Bears, but it's a nice signing I think - younger-ish guy, same money as Whitehead, up-and-comer that I thought coming out of college would be a steal but he ran a 4.9 and his stock tanked.  He played well at times behind Trevathan/Roquan when each was hurt so this could be a nice signing.

Mariota is signed. 

Instant upgrade to the backup QB spot. If Carr gets hurt, I don't think we are sunk as we were on our 12-4 season and there would have been a significant gap this last year as well. Mariota hasn't played up to his billing but I think new scenery and the chance to learn and not have the pressure of being the guy could do wonders for him. Finally, I think there is a good comparison to Gannon and Mariota in skillset and perhaps even career trajectory?  

Nick Kwiatkowski

Not a sexy signing and not a get your blood pumped up with excitement but he really broke out last season filling in for the Bears. I am trusting Mayock's eye on this for what I believe he sees as the potential of his future production. Still expecting a few more LB's signings. 

I like Mariotta signing, could be a sneaky way of sliding in a QB replacement ala Tannehill last year.  I like the idea of giving Gruden the 1.02 from a few years ago to see what he can get out of him.  And it's not a ton of money or something that would prohibit moving to option C in 2021 draft if we have to.

I like Mariotta signing, could be a sneaky way of sliding in a QB replacement ala Tannehill last year.  I like the idea of giving Gruden the 1.02 from a few years ago to see what he can get out of him.  And it's not a ton of money or something that would prohibit moving to option C in 2021 draft if we have to.
He isn't a signing to replace Carr. 

Missed on Byron. Apparently we went hard on him but the Dolphins got him with more money up front (and tax friendly state too). Harris looks to be our second option. 

Missed on Kirksey... I wanted him pretty badly actually. Bummed. Thought he could be a value get after the injury seasons which shouldn't be injuries to worry about moving ahead. 

Littleton apparently was getting the most interest from us and the Packers. I wonder if the Packers will still be after him hard since signing Kirksey. Hopefully- Littleton is my biggest want in FA. 

Morrow tendered an original round offer. Good, I think he earned the right. I am not sure if he can develop into a reliable starter or if he is best suited as depth but I like to retain him. 

Bears apparently going after Joseph. I haven't picked up on any rumblings about us trying to retain. 

Apparently we tendered Peterman too.

Sneaky is intent. I don't think Mayock is thinking Mariota will supplant Carr. I think Gruden very much wanted a better backup QB and they got one. 
We have no idea what his intent is, and even less about what Gruden's is, they aren't telling us anything and it wouldn't be the truth if they did.  Mayock was super high on Mariotta coming out of the draft when he was still with NFLN, and there's one thing Gruden wants - competition.  If the current guy isn't cutting it he's on to the next.  Mariotta gives him his first legit option to do that.  You can't bench Carr for Mike freaking Glennon but you sure can for the former 1.02.  He's probably not any better than Carr but you never know what a change might do for a guy.  And yes, worst case scenario he got an upgraded backup QB that can get some first down and maybe win some games if Carr misses time.

We have no idea what his intent is, and even less about what Gruden's is, they aren't telling us anything and it wouldn't be the truth if they did.  Mayock was super high on Mariotta coming out of the draft when he was still with NFLN, and there's one thing Gruden wants - competition.  If the current guy isn't cutting it he's on to the next.  Mariotta gives him his first legit option to do that.  You can't bench Carr for Mike freaking Glennon but you sure can for the former 1.02.  He's probably not any better than Carr but you never know what a change might do for a guy.  And yes, worst case scenario he got an upgraded backup QB that can get some first down and maybe win some games if Carr misses time.
This.

Users who are viewing this thread