What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Monday (already in full swing on Sunday) (1 Viewer)

I can't blame him but remember this is a guy who was coaching Temple 3 years ago.

LOLz

@mlombardiNFL: I’m told Matt Rhule won’t have any interest in the Browns.  Cross them off.

I wonder where Rivera will end up.  Would he consider the Browns?

Garrett will be the next name.  If Jets were smart, so would Gase.

Funny that you mention Rivera and Garrett, I think Ron would be a great HC in Dallas. If he'd want the job.

I’m not positive, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the Jets told Gase he would be back next season. 

@RapSheet: Things have progressed very nicely for former #Panthers coach Ron Rivera. He is meeting with the #Redskins tomorrow for their vacant head coach job, per agents Frank Bauer and Kenny Chapman. A key meeting.

@JDonaldsonNBCS: Excpect Ron Rivera to be the next head coach of the Redskins.  Will be in Ashburn tomorrow.  Likes the young players.  Could wait to name a GM until after the draft. #httr #redskins @NBCSWashington

@JDonaldsonNBCS: Am told Rivera would have total control and final say on Draft.  Gives time to evaluate scouting staff.  ALL this given unless something in meeting tomorrow goes wrong. #redskins @NBCSWashington #httr #ronrivera

@JDonaldsonNBCS: Ron Rivera has been told he can win with the Redskins organization, has to change culture.  He was told Bruce Allen was “out”. -- per source. Of course, question being out of building or just football.  #httr #redskins @NBCSWashington

@AdamSchefter: Bruce Allen’s 10-year run as president of the Washington Redskins is over, per sources. He has been relieved of his duties and is no longer with the organization in any capacity.

I like Ron Rivera in general. I’m not sure that giving a guy full control and having no GM is a great idea though.

I'm actually stunned, but watching the Eagles game I was saying "This is a type of game that gets coaches fired"; I'm just surprised they went through with it because Shurmur was supposed to be a great for young QBs or something. His play-calling ... let's just say it was below average.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why wait an extra day? Is he meeting with Caldwell today?

@caplannfl: Things can obviously change, but as of Sunday evening, source said #Jaguars HC Doug Marrone was scheduled to have his meeting with owner Shad Khan on Tuesday.

@RapSheet: #Cowboys coach Jason Garrett told @1053thefan that there is a team meeting and noon and a meeting with the Joneses after that. "We’ll have a good visit and see what’s next.”

@RapSheet: #Cowboys coach Jason Garrett told @1053thefan that there is a team meeting and noon and a meeting with the Joneses after that. "We’ll have a good visit and see what’s next.”
They should wait until the last Taco Tuesday of the decade imo.

Users who are viewing this thread