What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prediction Time - No. 5 Seahawks vs. No. 4 Eagles (1 Viewer)

No. 5 Seahawks vs. No. 4 Eagles +1.5

• Seahawks -1.5

Votes: 81 63.3%
  • Eagles +1.5

Votes: 47 36.7%

• Total voters
Eagles lost by 8 in Philly with Wentz having his worst game of his career. He's playing better now. Defense is playing great at home. Wilson is money in the playoffs though. It'll come down to the final drive as has been the case all year with Seattle. 

Eagles 27

Seahawks 23

I love the Seahawks here. Can't believe they're only giving 1.5. The Eagles are a MASH unit.
The Seahawks should win by at least 7.   The Eagles have no WRs and Sanders will not be close to 100%.   Howard is probably not going to be 100% either.   Beating the Giants is one thing.   Beating Wilson and the Seahawks is another.   

My brain says the Seahawks easy, but then again my brain has cost me money in the past.  It took a bad snap for the Eagles to finally put away the Giants last week.  I don't think the 'Hawks will suffer the same fate.

Seattle 24-17.

Seattle 28- 17   I dont think Philly has the weapons to compete here and SF surely is a better team who Sea almost beat meanwhile Philly barely beat a hapless giants team.  

The matchup of the teams with the two saltiest fan bases!

I'll take the seachickens in a close one.  The sheagles don't have enough firepower for Wentz and I'll take Russ over him......I have spoken

Seahawks won at Philly in week 13. It’s the last loss for them but also the last time they played a good team. Seattle wins again. 

Eagles and Seahawks  have limped to the finish line .... both with injuries and play.

Philly with less than impressive wins over bad teams (NYG twice ,  Wash , uninspired Dallas) and Seattle dropping 3 of their last 4 with their only win over a pathetic Panthers team. 

Lean is Seattle though , with a couple more healthy play makers and proven QB in the playoffs. 

Seattle should have won their division last night, stupid last minute shenanigans...anyway, I think they roll the Eagles and head back to SF for a rematch in Levi Stadium.  Seahawks win by 2 scores, and Metcalf has an 8/130/2 type game

Even with the Seattle RB situation, they seem so much less debilitated than the Eagles.  Especially now that Sanders is maybe hurt too.  I like Wentz, but don't think he's going to overcome here.  Seattle by a touchdown. 

When in doubt, take the home team that’s giving points.

Eagles have been pulling improbable victories out for a while now...like the way they are run, and Wentz is making a believer out of me.  Imagine if he had an actual pair of NFL receivers to work with.

Remember all the wide open guys Dak missed last week?

Wilson won’t miss those guys

Eagles are going to have to score 30 to compete 

The Seahawks on paper are a much better team, and Wilson is capable of taking over games by himself at any time, but the way that 49ers game ended, I could easily see Seattle coming out flat as a pancake. 

I don't expect either team to have much success running the ball. I think the Eagles can't cover Seattle's WR's deep, but they can sure get to Wilson before those WR's have time to get deep. I think we'll hear Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox's names a lot in this one. Meanwhile, you can dink and dunk against the Seahawks, even more so with Kendricks out, and Philly likely is going to get Ertz back this week.

I'll say Eagles win 24-20, with Wilson leading 2 late drives to make it seem closer than it was. 

Hope Vegas is following this thread. Push that line up to +2.5 and i will tease the world with the Eagles getting +8.5

Eagles should win but it will be close.

I am not sure the Eagles have an answer for Metcalf, if he has a good game.  If Ertz gets back maybe they have a response.  Frankly I don't think he should risk his health as neither team is remotely capable of going into San Fran and winning, not with their current injuries.  Just too depleted.  At any rate, for the fans of each team I hope your teams come out healthy.  I hope the game is exciting.  I hope there is limited to no ref'ing controversy. 

Any chance for snow.  I love the visual of snow games.

This game feels like a pick em. 

Give me the Eagles at home… I think a lot of money is going to go in Seattle, but the Seahawks are on the road, all the way across the country and I’ve taken a couple too many defensive hits. And the Eagles have looked pretty solid offensively, and have shown that they can step up defensively from time to time.

I suspect this may come down to the run game, and Seattle is atrocious on the ground. 

Seattle is atrocious on the ground. 
Not sure what this opinion is based on.  Granted their RB core is deleted, but they still had well over 100 rushing yards and over 4 YPC against a tough niner D last night.  That was far from atrocious. 

I like Seattle in this game.  They've only lost 1 game on the road this year.  Losing Kendricks hurts but getting Diggs back, if healthy, is big.  Their passing D was night and day with him on the field this year.  As dinged up as Hawks are, Philly is more of a MASH unit and Wilson >> Wentz.  

Not sure what this opinion is based on.  Granted their RB core is deleted, but they still had well over 100 rushing yards and over 4 YPC against a tough niner D last night.  That was far from atrocious. 

I’m sure you meant to say “depleted” but this works too.

its based on being on their 3rd string RB & a street FA named Lynch, and failing to block for a crap for 75% of the game with their bad run blocking OL.

the yardage they accumulated was largely when they went to a hurry up RPO game, and it worked to mixed results. 

they were bottled up most of the game & failed to convert a critical 4th & 1.

And now they're going to Philly, who’s best strength as a defense is in stopping the run.

On the road, in the playoffs, where running & defense win games. And the Niners went through that defense like a hot knife through butter two drives in a row. 

And they lost Kendricks 

So....good luck with that. 

I think Philly wins this one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's bad news for the niners and their atrocious rushing defense.  Better luck next Hyperbole Guy.
:rolleyes:

Again, they shut down the seahawks run game for 75% of the game last night. Apparently you didn’t watch the game, or understand what you were seeing when Lynch averaged less than 3 YPC (with many runs of 1 yard or less). 

they also might have Kwon Alexander back for the playoffs from what I heard on local sports radio this morning.

FYI, Niners are 17th vs the run (average) and Seattle is 22nd (below average)

it’s not hyperbole to point out reality. like the reality that I’m putting you on “ignore user” for lacking civility. You asked a question, I answered and you insult me for my answer. Not someone I care to see more posts from.

Adding to the Seahawks woes, for your gambling entertainment informational purposes.

I mean, left tackles aren’t really important anything, are they?  :shrug:

DUANE BROWNT, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks LT Duane Brown (meniscus) is expected to miss Sunday's Wild Card game against the Eagles.

Normally optimistic coach Pete Carroll said it would take a "miraculous recovery." Backup George Fant did a passable job in Brown's Week 17 absence. Brown will be genuinely questionable for the Divisional Round should Seattle advance.

Agreed. 

Just not this week. 

Although they could beat green Bay, then who knows?
I think this is the week the Seahawks finally took one hit too many.

losing a premier linebacker and your starting left tackle is two more straws on that camels back for sure.

I think they’re a team that plays with an awful lot of heart and a significant amount of talent to boot, but let’s be honest - the only reason we’re having this extensive of a discussion is the perception that the Eagles aren’t very good.

From what I’ve seen the last few weeks, the Eagles should have enough to beat the Seahawks. I think people are overlooking Philadelphia a little bit here, and vastly overlooking home-field advantage.

I think this is the week the Seahawks finally took one hit too many.

losing a premier linebacker and your starting left tackle is two more straws on that camels back for sure.

I think they’re a team that plays with an awful lot of heart and a significant amount of talent to boot, but let’s be honest - the only reason we’re having this extensive of a discussion is the perception that the Eagles aren’t very good.

From what I’ve seen the last few weeks, the Eagles should have enough to beat the Seahawks. I think people are overlooking Philadelphia a little bit here, and vastly overlooking home-field advantage.
I've lost track of who is playing. Last I looked, the eagles were down to Greg Ward as their primary receiver. Is that enough? 

Wilson >>> Wentz. Locket and Metcalf far exceed anything the eagles have healthy unless ertz gets back. Sanders is probably the best skill player, but you're right that the Seahawks injuries hurt. They still played within an inch of the best team in the NFC. 

It might be a slight exaggeration, but the 4 best teams right now (largely due to injuries) are in the AFC. 

I've lost track of who is playing. Last I looked, the eagles were down to Greg Ward as their primary receiver. Is that enough? 

Wilson >>> Wentz. Locket and Metcalf far exceed anything the eagles have healthy unless ertz gets back. Sanders is probably the best skill player, but you're right that the Seahawks injuries hurt. They still played within an inch of the best team in the NFC. 

It might be a slight exaggeration, but the 4 best teams right now (largely due to injuries) are in the AFC. 
you're discarding a lot here. Specifically Philly's pretty good defense, and secondly Seattle lost the most important player on their OL.

Neither team.is going anywhere, so we are talking about which team has the least crappy backup players. 

Home field. Seattle coming off a heart breaker. Defense wins. Eagles

I mean we could just not play the games and skip to the Ravens vs 49ers... 

you're discarding a lot here. Specifically Philly's pretty good defense, and secondly Seattle lost the most important player on their OL.

Neither team.is going anywhere, so we are talking about which team has the least crappy backup players. 

Home field. Seattle coming off a heart breaker. Defense wins. Eagles

I mean we could just not play the games and skip to the Ravens vs 49ers... 
You could be right, the ol definitely matters. But I'll still bet on Russell to overcome. 

And yeah, either team probably loses next week.

eagles have shown surprising depth. Goedart is more than capable as an Ertz fill-in, and Boston Scott is an above average receiving back. Just because you don’t know the names of their weapons doesn’t mean they don’t have any weapons. 

I’m not sure I agree with the bolded. Wentz in my opinion is as good as any QB in the game right now. He’s been playing at a very high level. He makes good reads, has a strong arm & is able to avoid sacks and extend plays (very much like Wilson).

no question the Seahawks have better WRs, but they’ll likely be a bit one dimensional since the Eagles arw capable it shutting down the run. And the eagles pass rush has an easier job with the blindside tackle now downgraded to doubtful. they may have too much Cox for the Seahawks to take.  :whistle:  

TE I’d say is =

Philly is arguably better on the ground at this point (line health, quality of RB).

Maybe - maybe not. A BYE week is going to do wonders for the health of the 49ers defense. If they can get their banged up players healthy, I’d put them in the Pepsi challenge against any of the AFC teams. Heck, in a torrential downpour, missing their starting TE, FB & best OL player they took a full-strength Baltimore team down to the wire, in Baltimore. You can’t tell me the Ravens are that much better than the Niners, and I see the Ravens as the best team in the NFL by a stitch. Niners are more compete than KC as well.

one thing’s for sure - this is a great year for the playoffs, and I can’t remember a recent season with so much depth in post-season FF drafts!  (Mine’s Friday night) 

Collins could be a good fit. Or the Seahawks could just need a new weed connect.  :shrug:

A little surprised he didn’t end up on any team this year -  there was plenty of need around the league. IIRC he worked out for a few teams & no one was impressed enough. 

The Seahawks worked out free agent RBs Alex Collins and Roc Thomas on Monday.

Coach Pete Carroll confirmed the workouts, indicating they were nothing more than due diligence/emergency list updating for the RB-short Seahawks. Collins would arguably be an upgrade on Robert Turbin behind Marshawn Lynch and Travis Homer, but Turbin's Seahawks familiarity will probably keep him around.

Users who are viewing this thread